JEE Advanced 2017 Result – The result of JEE Advanced 2017 to be declared on June 11 by the examination conducting authority, IIT Madras. The result will be available in the online mode only. Candidates can download JEE Advanced result 2017 through their registration number and date of birth. The result will be released for all the candidates appearing in the entrance examination scheduled to be held on May 11. Candidates will also be intimated about the result of JEE Advanced via text message which will be sent to their registered mobile numbers. The JEE Advanced 2017 result will display the scores obtained by candidates in both paper I and paper II. After the result is declared, the category wise All India Ranks (AIR) of all the successful candidates will be released online. Individual rank cards will not be sent to the candidates. On the basis of JEE Advanced result, the institute wise cutoff rank will be released by the 23 IITs including ISM Dhanbad for each branch. All the qualified candidates will further be called for the counselling process to be conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA). The link to check the result of JEE Advanced will be provided on this page. For more details on JEE Advanced 2017 result, downloading instructions, cutoff trend and more read the article given below on this page.
JEE Advanced 2017 Result
Candidates can check JEE Advanced result 2017 in online mode only. The Score will be calculated as per the marking scheme of the exam. The marks displayed in the scorecard will be a combination of marks scored by the candidate in Paper I and Paper II. The aggregate marks in JEE Advanced 2017 will be evaluated as the marks obtained by the candidates in all the three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
How to check JEE Advanced 2017 Result
Candidates can check JEE Advanced 2017 result in online mode only. The result can be viewed from the link/online window given below or from the official website. Applicants will require submitting the required credentials to check their result. The result will not be sent individually through post or any other mode. To download the result of JEE Advanced 2017, follow the steps given below:
- To check and download JEE Advanced result 2017 click on the link to be given below
- Enter registration number and date of birth
- Click on submit button
- JEE Advanced result will appear on the screen
- Check the result and verify the details mentioned on it
- Download the result, take a print out and retain it for future reference
Highlights of JEE Advanced 2017 Result
- The result of JEE Advanced 2017 will be available in the online mode only
- The result will be considered for admission into IITs and ISM which will fill approximately 11,000 B.Tech seats
- The admission will be granted through JEE Advanced 2017 counselling to be conducted by JoSAA in the month of June.
- The subject wise marks displayed in the result will be calculated by adding the marks obtained in the particular subject in both paper I and paper II.
- The aggregate mark obtained by candidates in JEE Advanced 2017 will be the sum of marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- After the result announcement, the category wise All India Ranks (AIR) of all the qualified candidates will be published online
- The rank list will be prepared based on the aggregate marks in JEE Advanced 2017.
JEE Advanced 2017 Rank
The rank list for admission to IITs and ISM will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ performance in JEE Advanced 2017. The rank list will be prepared category wise. In order to get included in the rank list of JEE Advanced, candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks given below in the table:
|S.No.||Category wise JEE Advanced Rank List||Minimum marks in each subject||Minimum aggregate marks|
|1.||Common rank list (CRL)||10.0%||35.0%|
|2.||OBC-NCL rank list||9.0%||31.5%|
|3.||SC rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|4.||ST rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|5.||CRL-PwD rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|6.||OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|7.||SC-PwD rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|8.||ST-PwD rank list||5.0%||17.5%|
|9.||Preparatory course rank lists||2.5%||8.75%|
Tie Breaking Mechanism for JEE Advanced 2017 Rank List
If the aggregate mark scored by two or more candidates are same, ranks will be awarded using the following tie breaking policy:
- Candidates with higher marks in Mathematics will be assigned higher rank
- If this does not break the tie, candidates obtaining higher marks in Physics will be assigned higher rank
- In case the tie still persists, candidates will be assigned the same rank
Opening and Closing Rank of IITs
Candidates can check the closing and opening rank of IITs for the past two years from the table given below:
|S.No||Name of Institutes||2016||2015|
|Opening Rank||Closing Rank||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|4.||IIT (BHU) Varanasi||1||9873||13||4706|
Zone Wise Distribution of Candidates in JEE Advanced 2016
The candidates may check zone wise data of the previous year’s qualifiers from the table below.
|Zone||Topper||No. of Candidates within||Total Qualified|
|Top 10||Top 100||Top 500|
|IIT Bombay||Aman Bansal-AIR 1||3||37||153||8810|
|IIT Delhi||Kartik Patekar-AIR 6||1||18||89||5941|
|IIT Guwahati||Ishan Tarunesh-AIR 33||0||1||10||2468|
|IIT Kanpur||Sharvik Mittal-AIR 29||0||4||31||4443|
|IIT Kharagpur||Satti Vamsi Krishna Reddy-AIR 20||0||3||35||4560|
|IIT Madras||Duggani Jeevithiesh-AIR 4||5||30||131||6702|
|IIT Roorkee||Bhavesh Dhingra-AIR 2||1||7||51||3642|
Keep visiting engg.enrancecorner.com for more updates on JEE Main Advanced 2017