JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern: For the academic session 2017-18, IIT Madras will conduct the JEE Advanced 2017 on May 21, 2017. Candidates qualifying in this national level examination will be allotted seats in various Participating Institutes based on the ranks obtained by them. Last year, nearly two lakh students appeared in the examination out of which around 37,000 candidates qualified in the examination. As JEE Advanced is one of the highly competitive exam in the country, every aspirants must prepare rigorously for the examination. The JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern given below will assist students with the pattern of the question paper such as the type of questions, marking scheme, medium of question paper, time limitation etc.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern consist of two papers i.e. Paper I and Paper II. Both the papers will be held on the same day in the offline mode. The article given below on this page will provide every detail about the JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern along with additional significant information related to JEE Advanced 2017. Candidates are advised to go through every detail carefully and start preparing for the examination.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern – Paper I & Paper II
Mode of Examination: Candidates have to appear in two papers, viz., Paper I and II. Both the papers will be held in offline mode (Pen & Paper based examination).
Subject Combination: Both the papers will consist of three separate sections namely Chemistry Mathematics and Physics. Candidates have to attempt all three sections.
Type of Questions: The questions papers will comprise Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). The questions will be designed to test reasoning and analytical ability and comprehension of the candidates.
Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be either in English or Hindi. Candidates will require selecting the medium of question appear at the time of registering for JEE Advanced 2017. The language of the paper cannot be changed after the registration process.
Duration: The time limit for both paper I and paper II of JEE Advanced 2017 will be of 3 hours. The examination will be held as per the following schedule:
|Paper||Exam Date||Exam Timing|
|Part I||May 21, 2017||9:00 AM to 12:00 PM|
|Part II||May 21, 2017||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM|
Note: Candidates using the services of a scribe will get compensatory time of 1 hour i.e. for Paper I, the end time will be 1:00 PM and Paper II will end at 6:00 PM.
Marking scheme: Out of the four given response in each question, there is only one correct response. Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for the right answer. In some of the questions, incorrect answer will lead to the deduction of 1 mark.
- Candidates must carry the printed copy of their admit card along with their original photo identity card to the examination hall. Candidates without their admit card will not be allowed to write any of the paper.
- The invigilator present in the examination centre as well as IIT representatives will verify the identity of the candidates. Candidates, who fail to verify their identity they will not be allowed to appear in the examination. However, candidates might get permitted to appear in the examination with the approval of the authorities after completing certain formalities.
- Upon successful identity verification, candidates will be given the original admit cards.
- Candidates will only be allowed to carry ball point pens, pencils, downloaded admit card along with an original photo identity card will be allowed to be taken inside the examination hall. Candidates will not be allowed to take any kind of electronic devices (e.g. mobile phones, calculators, I PAD etc.), geometry box, written or blank paper/ pieces of paper, slide rule, abacus, log books, wallets etc.
- Candidates must reach at the allotted examination centre well in advance. No student will be allowed to enter the hall after the commencement of the examinations.
- No student will be allowed to leave the examination hall before 12:00 PM for Paper I and before 5:00 PM for Paper II.
Service of Scribe
- The service of scribe will be available for candidates who are dyslexic, visually impaired, have disability in the upper limbs or have lost fingers/ hands.
- Candidates who want to avail the benefit will require requesting the Chairman of the respective zonal IIT. The requisition has to be made while registering for JEE Advanced 2017. Candidates will require uploading a copy of the PwD certificate (FORM- PwD [II/III/IV], whichever applicable) or a copy of the certificate of Dyslexic candidate (FORM- Dyslexic I & II).
- A panel of scribes will be provided by the zonal coordinating IITs, through the presiding Officer (PO) of the examination centre. Candidates will not be allowed to bring their own scribe.
- Candidates will be allowed to meet the scribe one day prior to the examination, i.e. on May 20, 2017. IIT representatives, Presiding Officer and invigilator will be present as well.
- If a candidate is found to be using the benefit of a scribe without possessing the extent of disability required, it will lead to the cancellation of admission.
JEE Advanced 2017 will be held in various cities of the country and abroad. To check the list of zonal wise Exam Centres of JEE Advanced 2017, click here.
For any further query about JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern, leave a comment below