JEE Advanced 2017 Cutoff – The cutoff of JEE Advanced 2017 has been announced by the conducting body, IIT Madras. The Cutoff is the minimum qualifying marks scored by the candidates in the entrance examination for the admission into the Under Graduate Engineering Programmes offered by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and Indian School of Mining (ISM), Dhanbad. This year, the JEE Advanced 2017 conducting body, IIT Madras, will be preparing aggregate and section-wise list of minimum marks prescribed for inclusion of rank list. The cutoff score will be a main factor for calculating the JEE Advanced Rank of candidate. Only candidates who will meet the prescribed cutoff will be considered for admissions, as the number of seats will be less than the number of applicants. Gather more details regarding the cutoff and opening & closing rank from the article, JEE Advanced 2017 Cutoff below.
Latest: Check JEE Main 2017 Cutoff
JEE Main 2017 Cutoff
The cutoff of JEE Main 2017 has been declared by CBSE. Candidates can check JEE Main category-wise cutoff score to be secured to qualify Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main in the table below.
|1.||Common Rank List||81|
|2.||Other Backward Class (OBC-NCL)||49|
|3.||Scheduled Caste (SC)||32|
|4.||Scheduled Tribe (ST)||27|
Important Details about JEE Advanced 2017 Cutoff
- The Cutoff of JEE Advanced 2017 is the minimum qualifying marks that is required by the candidates in JEE Advanced Common Merit List (CML).
- The JEE Advanced 2017 Cutoff will be calculated with the overall performance of the candidates in the Pre-Engineering Entrance Test.
- Apart from the performance, various other factors will be taken into consideration such as the number of candidates who qualified the JEE Main 2017 and appeared for the JEE Advanced, the total number of seats available for admission in IITs and ISMs, the difficulty level of the test, the cutoff of the previous year etc.
- To be included in the rank list, candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks in both subject-wise as well as aggregate cutoff.
- The aggregate mark will be based on the sum of scores of the candidates obtained in the subjects Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
- A separate JEE Advanced Merit List will be prepared for the category on the basis of Cutoff.
JEE Advanced 2017-Authorised Minimum Percentage of Marks
The minimum marks of categories varies from each other as shown in the table below.
|S. No.||Rank List||Minimum percentage of marks in subjects||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks|
|1.||Common Rank List (CRL)||10.0||35.0|
|2.||OBC-NCL Rank List||9.0||31.5|
|3.||SC Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|4.||ST Rank list||5.0||17.5|
|5.||Common PwD Rank List (CRL-PwD)||5.0||17.5|
|6.||OBC-NCL-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|7.||SC-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|8.||ST-PwD Rank List||5.0||17.5|
|9.||Preparatory Course Rank List||2.5||8.75|
Note:CRL is the rank list in which all candidates, including all categories will be given rank.
JEE Advanced 2017-Category-wise distribution of Top 2,20,000 candidates
Given below in the table is the distribution of marks for Top 2,20,000 candidates who will appear in JEE Advanced after qualifying JEE Main 2017.
|S. No.||Category||Number of Top Candidates|
JEE Advanced Previous Years Cutoff
For the better idea to the candidates, previous year’s minimum percentage of marks are listed below.
Initial and Final Cutoff of JEE Advanced in the year 2015 and 2016
|S. No.||Category||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks in 2015||Minimum Percentage of Marks in Each Subject (2016)|
- Maximum Aggregate Marks- 372 (186 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Maximum Marks in Physics- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Maximum Marks in Chemistry- 124 (62 each in Paper-1 and Paper-2)
- Maximum Marks in Mathematics- 124 (62 each in paper-1 and Paper-2)
JEE Advanced Previous Year Opening-Closing Rank
From the table below, candidates can check the previous year JEE Advanced Opening-Closing Rank of IITs. The rank has been given category-wise.
|Opening Rank||Closing Rank||Opening Rank||Closing Rank||Opening Rank||Closing Rank||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|IIT (BHU) Varanasi||500||9873||432||3235||135||2279||18||1118|
Note: The opening-closing rank above has been complied and fine-tuned as per the data available on the JoSAA website.
For more notifications and latest news on JEE Advanced 2017, keep visiting, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/