JCECE 2017 – The Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB) will conduct the JCECE 2017 on May 07, 2017. The Exam will be held in the offline mode, i.e. it will be a pen and paper based examination. Through the Jharkhand CET 2017, deserving candidates will be able to take admission into various undergraduate engineering institutes in the state of Jharkhand. To appear in JCECE, candidates have to fill up the application form has been made available online on April 03. Candidates can apply for JCECE 2017 until April 24. The Aadhaar card has been made mandatory to apply for JCECE 2017. The admit card of JCECE 2017 will be issued online tentatively in the last week of April 2017 to candidates who will successfully register for the examination. The expected date of the declaration of result is May 22, 2017. After the result declaration, qualified candidates will be called for the counselling of JCECE which will be held in two rounds. Admission at the engineering institutes is also subject to the fulfilment of eligibility criteria of JCECE 2017. Ineligible candidates will not be granted admission under any circumstances. For more detailed information on JCECE 2017 such as important dates, eligibility requirements, application form, exam pattern etc. read the article given below on this page
Latest: JCECE 2017 Application Form available here
What’s New in JCECE 2017?
- This year, JCECEB issued a notice about entering the Aadhaar number in the JCECE Application Form 2017 and it will be a mandatory to fill it. If the candidates do not have their Aadhaar number, they must register for the Aadhaar Card, else they will not be allowed to appear in the JCECE 2017.
Exam Name: Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (JCECE), 2017
Conducting Institute: Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (JCECEB)
Exam Category: Undergraduate Level
Salient Features of JCECE 2017
- JCECE 2017 will be conducted by JCECE board for admission in various engineering institutes in the state of Jharkhand.
- The scores secured by the candidates in the entrance test will be taken into account by the participating institutes to grant admission to the engineering courses offered by them.
- Candidates have to fulfil all the requirements identified by the board to be eligible for the examination.
- Aspirants have to apply for the examination by filling up the application form and submitting it within the given period of time.
- The admit card will be provided only through the online mode. Candidates have to download the admit card.
- The exam will be held in the offline mode in six towns of Ranchi.
- The result will be declared in the online mode. The merit list will be published along with the result.
- The counselling will be held in two rounds for all the qualified candidates of JCECE 2017.
Candidates applying to JCECE 2017 must satisfy the conditions prescribed by the board. Check the Eligibility Criteria of JCECE 2017 given in the table below:
|Age||There is no age limit specified to apply for the entrance test.|
Check the schedule of events related to JCECE 2017 given below in the table:
|S.No.||JCECE Events||Important Dates|
|01||Availability of JCECE 2017 Application Form||April 03, 2017|
|02||Last date for application form submission||April 24, 2017|
|03||Issuance of admit card||Last week of April 2017|
|04||JCECE 2017 will be held on||May 07, 2017 (10:15 am to 1:30 pm)|
|05||Declaration of result||May 22, 2017|
|06||1st round of counselling of JCECE 2017||1st week of June 2017|
|07||2nd round of counselling||Last week of June 2017|
Candidates can apply for JCECE 2017 through the following modes:
- ICR Application Form
- Purchasing of OMR Application Form through Post office.
Candidates must fill up all the details correctly and upload/ paste their recent passport sized photograph and signature as per requirement. They will also require paying the application fee to validate the form.
Fee Structure of JCECE 2017 Application Form:
|General/ BC- I/ BC- II||Rs. 900|
|SC/ ST||Rs. 450|
The entrance test will be conducted in six towns in Ranchi. Candidates have to choose two towns according to their convenience at the time of filling up the application form. The name of the exam centres are as follow:
- The JCECE Board will issue admit cards for candidates who have successfully applied for the entrance test.
- Candidates have to download the online admit card. It will not be sent by post.
- Candidates must check all the details mentioned on it carefully. In case, of any discrepancy, it should immediately be informed to the board.
- The admit card will bear the candidate’s name, roll no. , Father’s name, Category, SMQ, PH, photograph, Date of birth, subject Group with Name and address of the exam centre.
- Candidates must ensure to keep the admit card safely as thy will require to produce it at the time of examination as well as at the time of counselling.
The question paper of the entrance test will be based on the syllabus prescribed by CBSE for class XI and XII boards examination.
The Exam Pattern of JCECE 2017 will educate students about the format fo the test. Details are given in the table below:
|Mode of Entrance Test||Offline|
|Medium of Question paper||English and Hindi|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice Questions (MCQs)|
|No. of Questions||Physics- 50
Chemistry- 50Mathematics- 50
|Duration||Physics and Chemistry- 2 hours
Mathematics- 1 hour
The sample papers are similar to the actual question paper of the entrance test. Candidates who wish to qualify the entrance test with flying colours must practice sample papers. It will assist students to figure out their shortcomings. Regular practice will make concepts clearer, improve the candidates’ accuracy level and time management skills. Therefore, to prepare more effectively for the examination, every aspirant must download and practice Sample Papers of JCECE 2017.
The answer key of the question paper will be published by the board after the conclusion of the examination. With the help of the answer key, candidates can analyse their performance in the examination. They can cross check their response and calculate their expected score.
- The board will declare the result of JCECE 2017 on May 22, 2017, in the online mode.
- Candidates have to download the score card of JCECE, take a print out and retain it for future reference.
- Along with the result, the merit list of the qualified candidates will also be published online.
- The JCECEB will prepare the category wise as well as the combined merit list.
- JCECE board will conduct the computerized distributed Parallel counselling of all the qualified candidates for admission.
- The counselling will be done on the basis of the merit list prepared by the board of all the qualified candidates of JCECE 2017.
- The Counselling of JCECE 2017 will be conducted in two rounds.
- Candidates have to pay the required fee to participate in the counselling.
- Candidates of General/ BC I & II category will have to submit challan/ IPO of Rs. 750. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST category have to pay Rs. 500.
- Candidates also have to produce original copies and self- attested photo copy of all necessary certificates/ documents at the time of counselling.
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board
Science & Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli,
Namkum-Tupudana Road Namkum,
Ranchi [Jharkhand] – 834010
Official Website: jceceb.jharkhand.gov.in