JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017: Joint Admission Committee (JAC) will conduct JAC Chandigarh Admission to various B.Tech courses in the colleges of Chandigarh in the first week of July 2017. The admission will be offered to the candidates on the basis of the JEE Main 2017 score and marks obtained in the qualifying exam (Class XII). There will be 60 % weightage from JEE Main 2017 and 40% from class XII or equivalent examination. There in order to apply for JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 candidates have to qualify in JEE Main as well as class XII exam. However candidates will be selected JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 will be based on All India Rank prepared by CBSE. The shortlisted candidates will be called JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 counselling based on the cutoff scores after declaration JEE Main 2017 Result. To get more details about the eligibility, application, important dates, counselling and more of JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 read the article below.
Salient Features of JAC Admission Chandigarh 2017
- Name of Admission : JAC Chandigarh Admission
- Type of Exam: There will be no separate exam. Candidates will be selected through JEE Main 2017
- Exam Category: Undergraduate Exam
- Conducting By: Joint Admission Committee constituted by the Chandigarh Administration
JAC Admission Chandigarh 2017 Important Dates
|JAC Admission Chandigarh 2017||Important Dates|
|JEE Main 2017||April 2, 8 & 9, 2017|
|JEE Main 2017 Results||April 27, 2017, and May 27, 2017|
|JAC Admission Chandigarh 2017 Application Form||3rd week of June 2017|
|Last date for generation of filled bank challan||1st week of July 2017|
|Last date depositing fee in SBI Bank using challan||1st week of July 2017|
|Last date to apply for JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017||1st week of July 2017|
JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 Participating Institutes
|S.No.||Participating Institutes of JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017|
|1.||Dr. S. S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (Formerly Department of Chemical Engineering & Technology, Chandigarh)|
|2.||University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University SSG Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur|
|3.||PEC University of Technology, Sector 12, Chandigarh(Formerly Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh)|
|4.||Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology, Sector-26 Chandigarh|
|5.||Chandigarh College of Architecture, Sector 12, Chandigarh|
|6.||University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh|
JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Below are the eligibility norms for admission into post graduate engineering colleges of Chandigarh:
|Nationality||The candidates should be an Indian national.|
|Educational Qualification (Class XII)||It is important for all the aspirants to have qualified class XII examination having five subjects.Aspirants must qualify their class 12th examination in 2015, 2016, or if they are appearing in the 2017 examination will be eligible to apply for JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017.|
|JEE Main 2017 qualification||To be eligible for admission it is necessary for all the applicants to have a valid rank/result of JEE Main 2017.|
|Subjects Required||The candidates must have studied Mathematics, Physics and one language with any one of the Biotechnology/Technical Vocational Subject/ Chemistry/Biology and an additional subject in the XII class.|
|Marks Required||The candidates should have secured a minimum 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. For Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Physically Handicapped category candidates must require at least 40% marks.|
|Medical Fitness||For admission candidates must be in good mental and body health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties of their profession.|
JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 Application Form
- The application form of JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 will be made available in the third week of June 2017.
- The registration process can be availed in online mode only.Only those applicants who have qualified JEE Main 2017 exam will be eligible to fill the application form of AP PGECET 2017. The candidates while filling the application form will have to enter their JEE Main roll number, Date of Birth, nationality, category etc.
- Before applying, candidates must read the instructions and then fill in the required fields.
- The application fees for JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 is Rs 1800.
- The application fees should be paid through Debit/Credit/Internet Banking/ or through e-challan in any of the branch of SBI bank available across India.
JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 Counselling
All the eligible candidates who have obtained a rank in JEE Main 2017 and qualified in Class XII examination will be called for counselling that will be conducted in multiple rounds. The candidates must follow the step by step procedure to complete the counselling of JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017
- Online registration, payment of counselling registration fees and document verification: Candidates must login and enter the JEE main 2017 Roll Number and Password. After login candidates have to fill the form, pay the registration fees, fill their choices,category certificate(if required).
- Candidates must report to the institute with the documents of their categories (if any) along with JEE Main 2017 Score Card, Electronic Payment Gateway receipt.
- The online choice filling is required for the candidates to submit their choices of Institutes and Branch in order of their preferences.
- Mock counselling will also be available for the candidates to choose the most appropriate institute/branch for admission.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to lock their choices and take the print out of the locked choices before the last date and time.If candidates fail to lock their choices by last date, their last saved choices will be automatically locked after this deadline.
- Seat Allotment process: In the seat allotment process candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their choices. A candidate who is offered a seat under categories will be considered for seat allotment in general category in subsequent rounds which is subject to eligibility and availability of vacant seats. The aspirants will be offered admission after completion of the first round, second, third of counselling. There will be a spot round which is web based counselling.
- The candidates can, however, withdraw their seats or have to physically report at the allotted institute after the third round.
For more latest updates & news keep visiting http://engg.entrancecorner.com. For doubts or queries on JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 leave your comments below.