JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017: The Joint Admission Committee (JAC) committee is conducting admission to various B.E./B.Tech courses offered by the six-member institutes in the state of Chandigarh. The second round of counselling for JAC Chandigarh admission starts from July 20 to 23. The choice filling and modification for JAC Chandigarh counselling round 2 was started from July 17 to 19, 2017. The first round seat allotment result was declared in online mode on July 13. The online registration for JAC Chandigarh admission was started from June 05, 2017. Candidates seeking admission into various B.Tech courses in the colleges of Chandigarh had to fill up and submit JAC Chandigarh application form 2017 latest by June 30. Admission is offered to the candidates on the basis of the JEE Main 2017 score. Candidates also have to fulfil eligibility norms defined for admission. Only those candidates who have registered and made payment of registration fee were eligible for choice filling for JAC Chandigarh counselling 2017 from July 08 to 11. Based on the number of registered candidates, the result of mock counselling was published on July 09, 2017. There are three round of counselling after which the spot counselling for JAC Chandigarh admission will be conducted. For more details on JAC Chandigarh admission 2017 important dates, counselling and seat allotment, merit list, read the article given below on this page.
Latest: JAC Chandigarh 2017 Counselling – Click here
- The application form of JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 was available from June 05 to 22, 2017
- The entire application procedure was carried out in the online mode
- Candidates had to login using their JEE Main roll number and password
- In the registration form, candidates have to their personal details and educational information
- Candidates who applied for JEE Main 2017 under OBC category have to update their category as BC (if they fulfil the requirement of BC as per JAC eligibility criteria), else they have to select their category as General.
- It is mandatory to pay the registration fee through Debit Card/ Credit Card/Internet Banking/e-Challan. The application fee is non-refundable and it differs for open and reserved category candidates. The fee structure is given below in the table:
S.No. Category Registration Fee 1. General Rs. 2100 2. SC/ST/PWD Rs. 1050
JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 Important Dates
The important dates of JAC Chandigarh have been announced by the admission conducting authority. Check important dates of JAC Chandigarh Admission from the table given below:
|S.No.||JAC Admission Chandigarh 2017||Important Dates|
|1.||JEE Main 2017||April 2, 8 & 9, 2017|
|2.||JEE Main 2017 Results||April 27, 2017, and May 27, 2017|
|3.||Availability of JAC Admission Chandigarh 2017 application form||June 05, 2017 (10:00 am)|
|4.||Last date for generation of filled Bank challan||June 28, 2017|
|5.||Last date for depositing fee in SBI Bank using challan||June 29, 2017 (Till 4:00 pm)|
|6.||Last date for payment of registration fee through Debit/Credit card/Net banking||June 30, 2017|
|7.||Last date to apply for JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017||June 30, 2017|
|8.||Document verification for reserved candidates other than SC/ST category||July 04 to 06, 2017|
|1st round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017|
|1.||Display of final list of eligible candidates for choice filling||July 07, 2017 (12:00 pm)|
|2.||Choice filling||July 08 to 11 (till 5:00 pm)|
|3.||Result of mock counselling||July 09, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|4.||Locking of choices by candidates||July 11, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|5.||First round of seat allotment||July 12, 2017 (8:00 pm)|
|6.||Submission of online fee||July 12 to 14, 2017 (5:00 pm)|
|7.||Withdrawal after first round of seat allotment||July 15, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|2nd round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017|
|1.||Choice submission and locking for 2nd round||July 17 to July 19, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|2.||Second round of seat allotment||July 20, 2017 (8:00 pm)|
|3.||Submission of online fee||July 20 to 22, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|4.||Withdrawal after 2nd round of seat allotment||July 23, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|3rd round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017|
|1.||Choice submission and locking for 3rd round||July 25 to July 26, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|2.||Third round of seat allotment||July 27, 2017 (8:00 pm)|
|3.||Submission of online fee||July 27 to 29, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|4.||Physical reporting, documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) for all admitted candidates at University Law Auditorium, P.U., Chandigarh||July 31 to August 01, 2017|
|5.||Withdrawal after Third round of seat allotment||August 03, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|6.||Reporting at allotted institutes||August 02, 2017|
|Spot Round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling|
|1.||Display of vacant seats for SPOT Round|
|2.||SPOT round choice submission and locking (candidates who do not deposit fee or who are p.m. not allotted seat upto 3rd round are required to pay online spot round participation fee of ₹40,000/-)||August 10 to 12, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|3.||SPOT round of seat allotment||August 14, 2017 (by 7:00 pm)|
|4.||Physical reporting, Documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) at the allotted Institutes (for newly admitted/shifted candidates after the SPOT Round)||August 16, 2017|
JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 Participating Institutes
|S.No.||Participating Institutes of JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017|
|1.||Dr. S. S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (Formerly Department of Chemical Engineering & Technology, Chandigarh)|
|2.||University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University SSG Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur|
|3.||PEC University of Technology, Sector 12, Chandigarh(Formerly Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh)|
|4.||Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology, Sector-26 Chandigarh|
|5.||Chandigarh College of Architecture, Sector 12, Chandigarh|
|6.||University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh|
JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements to participate in JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 is provided below in the table:
JAC Chandigarh 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates should be an Indian national.
Educational Qualification (Class XII)
Candidates must qualified class XII examination having five subjects. Aspirants must qualify their class 12 examination in 2015, 2016. Candidates who appeared in the qualifying examination in 2017 are also eligible to apply for JAC Chandigarh admission 2017.
JEE Main 2017 qualification
To be eligible for admission it is necessary for all the applicants to have a valid rank/result of JEE Main 2017.
Subjects Required in class 12/qualifying examination
The candidates must secure a minimum 60% aggregate marks in the qualifying examination. ForScheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Physically Handicapped/Backward class category candidates, the minimum qualifying marks is 55% marks.
For admission, candidates must be in good mental and body health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties of their profession.
JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 Counselling
All the eligible candidates who have obtained a rank in JEE Main 2017 and qualified in Class XII examination are being called for counselling of JAC Chandigarh. The candidates must follow the step by step procedure to complete the counselling of JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017
- Online registration, payment of counselling registration fees and document verification: Candidates must login and enter the JEE main 2017 Roll Number and Password. After login candidates have to fill the form, pay the registration fees, fill their choices, category certificate(if required).
- Candidates must report to the institute with the documents of their categories (if any) along with JEE Main 2017 Score Card, Electronic Payment Gateway receipt.
- The online choice filling is required for the candidates to submit their choices of Institutes and Branch in order of their preferences.
- Mock counselling was also available for the candidates to choose the most appropriate Institute/branch for admission.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to lock their choices and take the print out of the locked choices before the last date and time.If candidates fail to lock their choices by last date, their last saved choices will be automatically locked after this deadline.
- Seat Allotment process: In the seat allotment process candidates are allotted seats on the basis of their choices. A candidate who is offered a seat under categories are considered for seat allotment in general category in subsequent rounds which is subject to eligibility and availability of vacant seats. The aspirants are offered admission after completion of the first round, second, third of counselling. There will be a spot round which is web based counselling.
- The candidates can, however, withdraw their seats or have to physically report at the allotted institute after the third round.
For more latest updates & news keep visiting http://engg.entrancecorner.com. For doubts or queries on JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 leave your comments below.