JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017 – The Joint Admission Committee (JAC), Chandigarh to start JAC Chandigarh counselling round 2 from July 20 to 23. Choice filling and modification for the second round of JAC Chandigarh counselling was done from July 17 to 19, 2017. The first round JAC Chandigarh seat allotment result was declared on July 13. The choice filling was started from July 11 and also the list of eligible candidates was displayed in online mode. The first round of counselling commenced from July 07 to 15, 2017. Candidates were able to fill their choices from the link given below. The choice filling for the counselling of JAC Chandigarh should have been done online by all the registered candidates. Candidates will be allotted seats through JAC Chandigarh counselling 2017 based on their rank and preference. The Registration for JAC Chandigarh started from June 05 onwards. All the aspiring candidates, eligible to participate in JAC Chandigarh counselling 2017 were required to fill up the application form and pay the registration fee on or before June 30. JAC Chandigarh 2017 counselling was held in three rounds. For JAC Chandigarh counselling, it was mandatory for candidates to report and verify their documents at the designated venue in person from July 04 to 06. There is no fresh registration for the second and third round of JAC Chandigarh counselling. After every round of seat allotment, candidates have to pay the admission fee and physically report to the allotted institute to complete the admission process. A spot round of JAC Chandigarh counselling will also be held from August 10 to 16. To know JAC Chandigarh 2017 counselling procedure, schedule and more, read the article given below on this page.
JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017 Dates
The dates pertaining the counselling of JAC Chandigarh 2017 is as given below:
|S.No.||JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017 Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Commencement of registration||June 05, 2017|
|2.||Last date for registration||June 30, 2017|
|3.||Document verification of reserved category candidates (other than SC/ST)||July 04 to 06, 2017|
|1st round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017|
|1.||Display of final list of eligible candidates for choice filling||July 07, 2017 (12:00 pm)|
|2.||Choice filling||July 08 to 11 (till 5:00 pm)|
|3.||Result of mock counselling||July 09, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|4.||Locking of choices by candidates||July 11, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|5.||First round of seat allotment||July 12, 2017 (8:00 pm)|
|6.||Submission of online fee||July 12 to 14, 2017 (5:00 pm)|
|7.||Withdrawal after first round of seat allotment||July 15, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|2nd round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017|
|1.||Choice submission and locking for 2nd round||July 17 to July 19, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|2.||Second round of seat allotment||July 20, 2017 (8:00 pm)|
|3.||Submission of online fee||July 20 to 22, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|4.||Withdrawal after 2nd round of seat allotment||July 23, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|3rd round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017|
|1.||Choice submission and locking for 3rd round||July 25 to July 26, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|2.||Third round of seat allotment||July 27, 2017 (8:00 pm)|
|3.||Submission of online fee||July 27 to 29, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|4.||Physical reporting, documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) for all admitted candidates at University Law Auditorium, P.U., Chandigarh||July 31 to August 01, 2017|
|5.||Withdrawal after Third round of seat allotment||August 03, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|6.||Reporting at allotted institutes||August 02, 2017|
|Spot Round of JAC Chandigarh Counselling|
|1.||Display of vacant seats for SPOT Round||August 08, 2017 (by 7:00 pm)|
|2.||SPOT round choice submission and locking (candidates who do not deposit fee or who are not allotted seat up to 3rd round are required to pay online spot round participation fee of ₹40,000/-)||August 10 to 12, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|3.||Spot round of seat allotment||August 14, 2017 (by 7:00 pm)|
|4.||Physical reporting, Documents verification and payment of balance fee (wherever applicable) at the allotted Institutes (for newly admitted/shifted candidates after the SPOT Round)||August 16, 2017|
Latest– Choice filling/Modification for JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017 Round 2 – Click here
JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017 Procedure
Candidates have to undergo the following stages to complete JAC Chandigarh 2017 counselling and admission process:
Click here to check List of eligible candidates for choice filling under reserved categories
Stage 1) Online Registration
- The application form of JAC Chandigarh 2017 has been made available online from June 05 to 30.
- Candidates have to login using their JEE Main roll number and password to apply for JAC Chandigarh admission 2017
- In the application form, candidates have to their personal details and educational information
- Candidates who applied for JEE Main 2017 under OBC category have to update their category as BC (if they fulfil the requirement of BC as per JAC eligibility criteria), else they have to select their category as General.
- It is mandatory to pay the registration fee through Debit Card/ Credit Card/Internet Banking/e-Challan. The application fee is non-refundable and it differs for open and reserved category candidates.
JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017- Registration Fee Structure
S.No. Category Registration Fee 1. General Rs. 2100 2. SC/ST/PWD Rs. 1050
Stage 2) Document Verification
Candidates belonging to the following categories have to report in person with all their required documents for verification:
- Backward Class
- Persons with Disability
- Freedom Fighter
- Kashmiri Migrant/Displaced Persons
- Terrorist/Riot Victim
- One Girl Child out of the only two girl children
- Cancer patient
- AIDS patient
- Thalassemia patient
- Kargil Martyrs
- Economically Weaker Section
- Rural area
- Border area
Candidates have to carry with them one set of relevant affidavit(s)/ undertaking(s) /self attested photocopies of all supporting documents/certificates as well as original documents/certificates for verification to University Law Auditorium, Panjab University, Chandigarh. In addition to these, candidates also have to bring following documents in original:
1. Electronic Payment Gateway (EPG) receipt
2. JEE (Main)-2017 Result card
3. Category certificate(s)
Note: All the certificates/ affidavit(s) of candidates claiming reservation under various categories must have been issued on or before July 6, 2017.
Schedule for Document Verification
|1.||Rural Area Students/ Border Area Students||9:00 am to 11:00 am||July 4, 2017|
|2.||EWS||11:00 am to 5:00 pm|
|3.||Terrorist/ Riot Victims||3:30 pm to 5:00 pm|
|4.||Cancer/AIDS/ Thalassemia patients||9:00 am to 10:00 am||July 5, 2017|
|5.||Defence||10:00 am to 1:00 pm|
|6.||One Girl Child out of the only two girl children||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
|7.||Freedom Fighter||3:30 pm to 5:00 pm|
|8.||BC||9:00 am to 1:00 pm||July 6, 2017|
|9.||Kashmiri Migrants/DisplacedPersons||2:00 pm to 3:00 pm|
|10.||Kargil Martyrs||3:00 pm to 4:00 pm|
|11.||Persons with Disability (PwD)||3:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
Stage 3) Online Choice Filling
- All registered candidates have to submit their choices of Institute and Branch in decreasing order of their preference
- Candidates are required to submit single set of combined choices for Engineering & Architecture streams, if they are eligible for both the streams
- For candidates who are eligible for B.Arch admission, choice filling is optional. Only one choice of Architecture in CCA will be considered automatically after successful registration
- Candidates can fill in as many numbers of choices in the order of preference as they wish to, from the list of available choices
- Candidates can change or re-order their choices, delete earlier choices and add new choices any number of times before locking their final choices
Stage 4) JAC Chandigarh Mock Counselling 2017
- This indicative seat availability which is known as Mock Counselling is to help the candidates to finalize the most appropriate choice of Institutions.
- Based on the number of registered candidates who have submitted their choices at any given time, the system will provide an idea of the number of available seats for admission
- The mock counselling of JAC Chandigarh 2017 will be displayed on July 09.
- The final allotment of seat during JAC Chandigarh counselling 2017 may be different than the indicative seat availability
Stage 5) Choice Locking & Printing of Locked Choices
After finalizing the choices, candidates must lock them by clicking on the ‘Lock’ button and follow all the steps carefully to complete the locking procedure. Once the choices have been locked, no further changes can be made. A printable version of the choices along with the terms and conditions agreed by the candidate at the time of registration will be displayed on the screen. Candidates have to secure a printout of these locked choices. Registered candidates who do not exercise any choices in any of the rounds will not be considered for seat allotment. However, they will be eligible for SPOT round of Counselling after depositing a SPOT round participation fee of Rs. 40,000.
Stage 6) Seat Allotment Result
- The choices submitted by the candidates will be processed centrally and seats will be allotted.
- The allotment result will be published online and also communicated through SMS
- Candidates, who are allotted a seat for the first time in any of the first three rounds, are required to pay the admission fee of Rs, 40,000 through Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/e-Challan
- Candidates also have to submit online the choice of Willingness for up gradation
- The Online Provisional Admission letter containing Seat Allotment Detail, Fee Payment Detail and Willingness for up-gradation will be generated
- Candidates who are allotted a seat but do not pay their fee, their allotted seat will be automatically cancelled and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of Counselling except the SPOT round
Stage 7) JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017
As mentioned earlier, the counselling will be held in three rounds. The procedure for each round of counselling is as given below:
JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017- Round 1
- All the choices submitted by candidates during JAC Chandigarh counselling will be processed centrally and the results will be available on the website.
- In the first round of seat allotment, a combined seat allotment process will be executed including Sports & Defence candidates.
- Candidates who are allotted seats have to pay the admission fee and submit the willingness for up gradation for the subsequent rounds
- After seat allotment candidates are not required to report in person.
- Based on candidate’s fee payment and willingness, admitted seats and vacant seats will be displayed for the second round of JAC Chandigarh 2017 Counselling
JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017- Round 2
|Who is Eligible?||Who is not Eligible?|
|Type 1- Registered candidates who were not allotted seat in the 1st round||Not paid Admission Fee after first round of allotment.|
|Type 2 & 3- Candidates who were allotted a seat in the 1st round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “No up gradation”.||Withdrawal after getting admission in first round.|
JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017- Round 3
In the third round of JAC Chandigarh counselling 2017, no fresh registration will be allowed. The list of eligible and ineligible candidates for participating in the counselling is given below:
|Who is Eligible?||Who is not Eligible?|
|Type I- Registered candidates who were not allotted seat in the 1st or 2nd round||Didn’t pay admission fee after first or second round of allotment.|
|Type II- Candidates who were allotted a seat in the 1st/ 2nd round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “No up gradation”||Withdrawal after getting admission first or second round|
|Type III- Candidates who were allotted a seat in the 2nd round of Counselling and paid the admission fee and submitted willingness “No up gradation”|
JAC Chandigarh Seat Allotment for Round 2 & 3
The choices submitted by above types of candidates will be processed centrally and the results would be made available online. The details of seat allotment for each type of candidates is as given below:
For Type I Candidates
Candidates who gets an allotment for the first time in second/ third round have to pay the admission fee and submit willingness for upgradation. Payment of fee and online submission of willingness for the subsequent rounds will be treated as reporting against the allotted seat.
For Type–II Candidates
The previously allotted seat of such candidates remain unchanged and will be retained in the same category or in the up-graded categories. Candidates are required to report finally at the allotted institute after 3rd round of Counselling.
Candidates may get a seat of higher preferred choice or their previously allotted seat may remain unchanged. Candidates who are allotted seats in the 2nd round need not do any activity unless they desire a change in their willingness from “Yes-Upgradation” to “No-Upgradation”. However, candidates allotted seats in round 3 have to report to the allotted institute in person.
Stage 7) Reporting to the allotted Institute
All the candidates who have paid the admission fee after seat allotment in JAC Chandigarh counselling rounds 1/ 2/ 3 have to physically report to the final Allotted Institute to complete the admission process.
JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017- Spot Round
If any vacant seat remains, the spot round of JAC Chandigarh counselling will be conducted for eligible candidates. To participate in Spot round of JAC Chandigarh counselling, the candidate is required to pay Rs. 40,000 as participation fee before the allotment of seat. In case, seat is not allotted, the entire fee amount will be refunded.
JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2017- Withdrawal of Seats
Candidates, who are provisionally admitted after paying the admission fee of Rs. 40,000 and want to withdraw their allotment before the spot round, can do so online as per the schedule given below:
|S.No.||JAC Chandigarh 2017 Counselling Rounds||Date and Time|
|1.||After round 1||July 15, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|2.||After round 2||July 23, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|
|3.||After round 3||August 03, 2017 (till 5:00 pm)|