IPU CET 2017 – The Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU) will conduct IPU CET 2017 on May 20 for B.Tech and May 28 for Biotech courses. The admit card of IPU CET 2017 has been made available on May 11. The application form of IPU CET 2017 was made available in the online mode from February 15 to May 01, 2017. The result of IPU CET 2017 will be declared on June 02 for B.Tech programmes and June 05 for Biotech. As per the marks secured in IPU CET 2017, university will declare a merit list including rank of candidates. As per the rank, candidates will be called for counselling procedure. Around 21 Government and Private institutes affiliated to the university will grant admission to candidates into its various B.Tech programmes through IPU CET. For more information such as eligibility requirements, important dates, application process, result etc. read the article given below on this page.
Latest: IPU CET Result – Check here
|S. No.||IPU CET 2017 Events||Important Dates|
|B.Tech (CET Code- 131)||B.Tech (Bio Technology) [ CET Code- 130]|
|1.||Availability of Application Form||February 15, 2017||February 15, 2017|
|2.||Last date of Application Form submission||May 01, 2017||May 01, 2017|
|3.||IPU CET Admit Card||May 11, 2017||May 11, 2017|
|4.||IPU CET 2017||May 20, 2017||May 28, 2017|
|5.||Declaration of Result||June 5, 2017||June 2, 2017|
Candidates who have successfully registered and submitted the application form can download the admit card available in online mode only. The admit card can be downloaded from May 11, 2017. Candidates can avail all important details related to the admit card below.
- Admit card of IPU CET 2017 is only available online.
- Candidates need to login with their login id and password to check and download their admit card.
- The following details will be printed in the admit card.
IPU CET Roll number
Exam date and time
Name of CET
CET Centre name and address
Signature and thumbprint
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the valid admit card issued by the university.
- Candidates are required to print out two copies of admit card. On the day of the examination, candidates have to produce the copies of admit card to the invigilator. One copy needs to be retained by the candidates after it is signed by the invigilator and the other copy need to be submitted to the invigilator for university records.
The IPU CET 2017 syllabus for each B. Tech course differs from each other. Candidates can check the course wise syllabus in the table below.
|S. No.||Name of course||Syllabus||Percentage of question covered in paper|
|1.||Lateral Entry to B.Tech. Programmes for Diploma holders||I. Applied Mechanism.||25%|
|II. Applied Mathematics.||25%|
|III. Computer Awareness and Physics/ Chemistry related knowledge||25%|
|IV. Analytical and logical Reasonings||25%|
|2.||Lateral Entry to B.Tech. Programmes for B.Sc. Graduates||I. B. Sc level Mathematics.||40%|
|II. English (10+2)||20%|
|III. Analytical and logical reasoning||20%|
|IV. Scientific Aptitude||20%|
|3.||B.Tech. (BioTechnology)||I. Physics (Upto 12th level)||20%|
|II. Chemistry (upto 12th level)||20%|
|III. Mathematics (upto 12th level)||20%|
|IV. Biology (Botany & Zoology) (upto 12th Level) or Biotechnology(upto 12th Level)||40%|
|No. of Papers||One|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Medium of Paper||English|
|Total no. of questions||150, For B. Tech. Biotechnology- 200|
|Total no. of marks||600 For B. Tech. Biotechnology- 800.|
|Total no. of sections covered in the question paper||3 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)|
|Marking Scheme||For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded 4 marks and for each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted. Unattempted questions will be given zero marks.|
There are 21 participating institutes of IPU CET 2017 which offer various undergraduate engineering courses to candidates. Candidates can check the list of IPU CET 2017 Participating Institutes in the table given below:
|S No||Participating Institutes|
|1||University School of Basic & Applied Sciences (USBAS)|
|2||University School of Biotechnology (USBT)|
|3||University School of Chemical Technology (USCT)|
|4||University School of Information & Communication Technology (USICT)|
|5||University School of Architecture And Planning (USAP)|
|6||Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology (IGIT)|
|7||Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication|
|8||G.B. Pant Government Engineering College|
|9||Ch. Brahm Prakash Government Engineering College|
|10||Delhi Institute of Tool Engineering|
|11||National Power Training Institute|
|12||Amity School of Engineering & Technology|
|13||Bhagwan Parshuram Institute of Technology|
|14||Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering|
|15||Guru Premsukh Memorial College of Engineering|
|16||Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute of Technology (Minority Educational Institute)|
|17||HMR Institute of Technology and Management|
|18||Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology|
|19||Maharaja Surajmal Institute of Technology|
|20||Northern India Engineering College|
|21||MBS School of Planning & Architecture|
IPU CET 2017 will be held across various cities in India, on May 20 for B.Tech courses and May 28 for Biotech course. Candidates have to make their choice of Exam centres at the time of registration. It is mandatory to choose 2 cities in decreasing order of preference. Candidates should be careful while choosing the exam centres as it cannot be changed later. Candidates can check the list of Exam centres along with the city code in the table given below:
|S No.||Cities||City Code|
- A city listed as one of the examination centre might get omitted from the final list of Exam centre if enough number of candidates is not available for that centre.
- If the University decides to drop both the preferences of centres given by the candidate or due any other reason, then, in such circumstances, ‘Delhi’ centre will be allotted. If that choice is unavailable, the allotment of centres will be decided by the concerned authority.
The Sample Papers of IPU CET 2017 is similar to the actual question paper. After going through the syllabus of the exam, candidates should make sure to practice sample papers. There are many advantages of sample papers. Candidates can check the importance of practicing sample papers provided in the list below.
- Candidates will get an idea about the format of the question paper.
- Candidates will know about the marking scheme and the type of questions they can expect in the examination.
- It also helps in improving time management skills.
- Candidates will be able to figure out their weak points and work on it.
- Candidates will gain confidence with regular practice of Sample papers.
- Candidates can solve sample papers according to their convenience.
Therefore, candidates should make sure to check and download IPU CET 2017 Sample Papers to prepare better and ace the examination.
With the help of the answer key released by the university, candidates can compare their answers with that of the answer key to get an idea about their performance in the main examination. The answer key will help the candidates to calculate the marks they can expect and analyze their performance. Candidates are advised to tally their marks with the answer key and estimate their score before the IPU CET 2017 result was declared.
- The IPU CET Result for B.Tech will be declared on June 05, 2017 and for B.Tech (Bio Technology) will be declared on June 02, 2017
- The result will be available only in online mode.
- Candidates can check and download their result once it is available online.
- No hard copy will be issued to the qualified candidates.
The counseling of IPU CET 2017 will be conducted after the declaration of the IPU CET 2017 Result. Candidates who qualify the IPU CET 2017 can participate in the counselling process. IPU CET 2017 Counselling will be conducted in both online and offline mode. Candidates are advised to check important details in the list given below:
Offline Counselling Procedure
- Candidates should report at the notified venue in person along with the required documents.
- The counselling process fee is Rs 1000. Candidates will require paying the fee immediately on the spot at the time of counselling.
- Candidates will be called for counselling on the basis of IPU CET 2017 Merit/ Rank.
- Candidates who fail to appear in person for counselling will lose their seat.
- Candidates who are allotted seats in the first counselling may change the programme/ institute during the second counselling. They need to deposit an additional amount of Rs. 5000 in the form of a fresh demand draft.
- Admission will be made strictly on merit basis. Once all the seats are filled up, the counselling/ admission process will be stopped.
- The students having taken admission in second counselling would not be allowed to change the programme/institute in the subsequent days of 2nd Counselling.
Online Counselling Procedure
The procedure of online counselling process of IPU CET 2017 is mentioned below.
- The Counselling process fee is Rs. 1000.
- Candidates can pay the Counselling process fee through challan or through Net Banking / Credit card and Debit Card.
- After the payment of fee, candidates will require to register online within the registration period notified to the candidates.
- For Registration, candidates have to enter their CET details and after authentication, the candidates have to enter their personal, academic and contact details (with address, mobile no. & email ID).
- After submitting the details a login id and password will be generated by the system.
- Candidates will require to take two print outs of the registration form.
- Candidates are advised to check all the filled in details before taking the print out.
- Candidates will have to submit one copy of the registration form at the time of document verification and the other copy has to be retained by the candidate for all future reference.
The IPU CET 2017 Seat Allotment is done on the basis of the performance of candidates in IPU CET 2017. Only Candidates who qualify the entrance exam and register themselves for IPU CET 2017 Counselling will be allotted seats. Candidates have to fill in their choice/ preference filled by the candidates during the counselling procedure for admissions to the graduate level engineering courses available at the participating Institutes of IPU CET 2017.
The application form of IPU CET 2017 was available from February 15. The last date of submission of IPU CET application form process has been over on May 01, 2017. Candidates have to fill up the form and pay the application fee in the online mode. Candidates have to take the following steps to apply for IPU CET 2017.
Enter Personal Information: In the form, candidates have to fill in their personal details, mailing address, contact details.
Upload Scanned Images: Candidates have to upload the scanned images of their recent passport sized photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression. The required size, dimension and file format is as given below:
|Images||Dimension||Maximum size||File Format|
|Photograph||30mm X 45 mm||80 KB||JPEG/ GIF|
|Signature||80mm X 35 mm||80 KB||JPEG/ GIF|
|Left Hand Thumb Impression||30mm X 60 mm||80 KB||JPEG/ GIF|
Academic Details: Applicants have to enter their class X and XII examination details such as roll number, Board, year of passing etc.
Accept Declaration: Candidates have to read and accept the ‘Declaration’ after which the Login ID and password will be displayed on the screen. Candidates have to note it down for future reference.
Course Information and selection of Exam Centre: At this stage candidates have to enter the course details they are applying for. They also have to enter two choice of exam centre where they wish to appear for IPU CET 2017.
Payment of Application Fee: In order to validate the application form, candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1000. the payment can be made through net banking or Debit/Credit card.
IPU CET 2017 Application Form print out: Finally, candidates have to take a print out of the duly submitted application form and retain it for future use.
|Age limit||Candidates should not be beyond 21 years old on the day of examination.|
Salient Features of IPU CET 2017
- Candidates qualifying in IPU CET 2017 will be able to take admission in various undergraduate Engineering courses in GGSIPU and other Participating Institutes.
- To apply for IPU CET 2017, candidates have to register and fill up the application form online.
- The examination consists of one Paper and the examination will be conducted only in offline mode.
- All the candidates must fulfil the eligibility criteria to appear in the examination.
- The IPU CET 2017 Admit Card is available online for download. Candidates must download and print the admit card.
- The Result of IPU CET 2017 will be declared online. Candidates will need to login to check their result.
- Candidates can apply for the counselling of IPU CET 2017 either through online or offline mode.
- The seat allocation process will be based on the performance of the candidates in IPU CET 2017.
- The Counselling and Seat Allotment will be conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU).
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Sector – 16C Dwarka
Delhi – 110078, India
Fax: +91-11- 25302111
Official website: http://www.ipu.ac.in/