IPU CET 2017 Counselling – The counselling for IPU CET 2017 will be done by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University for the admission into the various Under Graduate Engineering courses. All the IPU CET 2017 qualifiers will be eligible to participate in the counselling process. To participate in the counselling procedure, the candidate will have to register themselves individually using the Application Number and Password. Filling of choice of colleges and courses will be done online. Before registering, the counselling fee has to be paid online or offline. If a candidate has got qualified for one or more programe, he/she has to fill up all the choices for programmes according to their preferences. Read the article IPU CET 2017 Counselling, to know the important dates, procedure of counselling, payment modes and other vital information.
IPU CET 2017 Counselling Dates
The tentative schedule of IPU CET 2017 Counselling is listed below in the table. It will help candidates avoid missing any of the essential timeline of counselling.
|1.||Paying of IPU CET 2017 Counselling Participation Fee via Bank Challan||2nd week of June 2017|
|2.||Fee Payment of Counselling Fee via Net Banking or Debit/Credit Cards||2nd week of June 2017|
|3.||Online Registration||2nd & 3rd week of June 2017|
|4.||Verification of Documents for reserved candidates who have registered||3rd week of June 2017|
|5.||Filling of Choice/Preferences||3rd week of June 2017|
|6.||Seat Allotment Results||4th week of June 2017|
|7.||Printing of Provisional Letter for Admission||4th week of June 2017|
|8.||Payment of Part Academic Fee Offline or Online||4th week of June 2017|
|9.||Freezing of Allotted Seat||4th week of June 2017|
|10.||Generation of receipt of Part Academic Fee||4th week of June 2017|
|11.||Withdrawal of Admission||4th week of June 2017|
|12.||Choice Change-(i) for those who have been allotted seats in Round 1 after payment of fees, (ii) who are not allotted seats in Round 1||4th week of June 2017|
|13.||Result of Seat Allotment||1st week of July 2017|
|14.||Printing of Provisional Allotment Letter||1st week of July 2017|
|15.16.||Online or Offline Payment of Part Academic Fee||1st week of July 2017|
|17.||Confirmation of Seat Allotted||1st week of July 2017|
|18.||Furnish receipt of Part Academic Fee||1st week of July 2017|
|19.||Rejection of Admission||1st week of July 2017|
|20.||Change of Choice-(i) for those who have allotted seats in Round 1 & 2 after the payment of fees, (ii) who have not allotted seats in Round 1 & 2||2nd week of July 2017|
|21.||Seat Allotment of reserved category with inter conversions of SC/ST category, if any||2nd week of July 2017|
|22.||Allotment of Seats with conversion of seats, if any||3rd week of July 2017|
|23.||Provisional Allotment of Letter||3rd week of July 2017|
|24.||Payment of Part Academic in Online or Offline Mode||3rd week of July 2017|
|25.||Payment Receipt||3rd week of July 2017|
|26.||Sliding Round||3rd week of July 2017|
|27.||Reporting to the Allotted College||3rd week of July 2017|
|28.||Notification of Spot Counselling||4th week of Counselling|
|29.||Spot Counselling||4th week of Counselling|
Procedure of IPU CET 2017 Counselling
The Counselling of IPU CET 2017 consist of the following rounds:
- Payment of IPU CET 2017 Counselling Fee Payment
- Filling of Choices
- Allotment of Seats
- Sliding of Seat after the last round of counselling
- Reporting to the allocated college
IPU CET 2017 Counselling Fee Payment
The counselling fee can be paid in online and offline mode. Candidates will have to pay Rs. 1,000/- as a counselling fee plus charges applicable. Candidates can click on the option for “Payment of Counselling Participation Fee” and have to enter CET Roll Number, Date of Birth and Mobile Number to login.
- For offline payment, the Bank Challan will be generated and fee will be deposited to any branch of Indian Bank.
- Online Payment can be done via Net Banking, Credit/Debit Cards.
Note: Whichever mode of payment is used, candidates must take a print out of the payment slip with them for future references. Also, the candidates will have to pay the small amount of transaction charges as well.
If the Payment Status is Negative
If the fees is paid online and status of payment does not show ‘OK’, then the amount of the fees will be refunded and candidates will have to pay the amount again.
If any problem occurs, the amount is not refunded or the confirmation slip cannot be generated, the candidates must contact the helpdesk of the university.
Procedure of IPU CET 2017 Counselling after the Payment of Fee
After the payment of counselling fee, the candidate will have to register themselves first.
If a candidate has paid the fee via offline mode, he/she must register after the two working days.
To register, candidate will have to enter their IPU CET 2017 details and after authentication, personal, academic and contact details (with address mobile no. & email ID) has to be filled by the candidates.
During registration, candidate will get a new Login ID and Password. Candidates must remeber the ID and Password and keep it confidential from avoid being misused by others.
If a candidate fails to register and face any problem, he/she can contact the Helpdesk of the university in person with the receipt of counselling fee.
Candidates can edit the details filled by them for any modifications. They are advised to check the details filled in before taking the print-out.
Two print outs must be taken of the registration form. One to be submitted at the time of document verification and other one for the verification.
Filling of Choices–
After registration, candidates must fill the choices/preferences for allotment of seats, from the list of all possible institutes and courses available, according to their preference.
Once the choice filling of preferences is over, candidates will be allotted seats according to the preferences filled by them.
Candidates are advised to fill the maximum number of seats, as it increases the possibility of getting the desirable seat.
Candidates will be given opportunity to edit/modify/add/delete preferences of college or course filled by them after the seat allotment in Round 1 for the subsequent rounds of IPU CET 2017 Counselling.
Candidates are advised to fill the choices and preferences, save the same and make a print out of the saved choices/preferences for the future references.
Allotment of Seats in every Rounds–
- After the completion of choice filling period, the seats will be allocated to the candidates as per the merits, respective category and region.
- Result of Seat Allotment can be checked by the candidate on the website, by using the Login ID and Password given at the time of counselling registration process.
- If the seat will be allotted to the candidates, they can download the provisional allotment letter. The print out of Allotment Letter will be available for the respective round and for the specific period.
- After the allotment of seats, candidates will have to pay the part academic fees of Rs. 40,000/- to confirm the seat allotted to them. Failing to pay the amount will lead to cancellation of seat and the candidate will not be allowed to attend any of the subsequent IPU CET 2017 Counselling rounds.
- The Academic Fee can be paid either in online or offline mode.
(i) Online Mode can be paid via Net Banking, Credit/Debit cards. And (ii) Offline Mode can be paid via Bank Challan which will be generated and can be deposited through cash at any branch of Indian Bank.
Print of Admission Fee receipt has to be taken by the candidate. Candidates paid the fees through bank challan can take a print out after two working days.
Confirmation of allotted seats in every round
- After every round of counselling, if a candidate is satisfied with the seat allotted to him/her and do not want to participate in other following rounds can opt for “Freeze” Option available in his/her account within specific time period.
- If the candidates do not choose “Freeze” option for the allotted seat, the next higher preference of seat will be allotted to the candidate automatically and the seat will not be retained under any circumstances.
Rejection/Withdrawal of allocated seats in every round
- If a candidate wants to withdraw the admission against the allotted seat, he/she can apply for withdrawal by clicking on the “Withdrawal” option available in his/her account for the specified time.
- After withdrawal of admission and refund of fees, the candidate will not be considered in the subsequent round of counselling.
Last round of IPU CET 2017 Counselling
- After the last round of IPU CET 2017 Counselling, there will be no withdrawal of seats and refund of seats.
- In the Counselling of IPU CET 2017 Counselling last round, region-wise and category wise seats will be converted to the unreserved category after doing seat allotment for reserved category.
- Only the candidates, who have not frozen their allotment or withdrawn from the admission and have paid the part academic fee of Rs. 40,000/- will be eligible for this round.
- The sliding round will be on the basis of preferences filled by the candidate and merits in IPU CET 2017.
- If the candidate has paid the part academic fees and do want to participate in the IPU CET 2017 Counselling Sliding round, will has to select “Freeze” option.
Reporting to the allotted college
- After the sliding round, if the candidate has been allotted a seat or upgraded a seat/ have paid the Part Academic Fee can generate Provisional Admission Slip along with the Enrolment Number.
- The candidates are required to report to the allotted college with Admission Slip, Allotment Letter, the Academic Fee and necessary documents for verification and must pay the balance fee (if any) on the specified schedule.
- Candidates who reported to the allocated college and reflected in the list submitted by the institution as admitted will be referred as “admitted students”
Documents to be furnished at the time of Counselling
Given below are the list of documents that candidate need to carry with them for verification.
- Registration Slip
- IPU CET 2017 Admit Card
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Receipt of paid Part Academic Fee Rs. 40,000/-
- Original Mark Sheets of 10th class or equivalent.
- For candidates who passed 10+2 from Distance Education must bring Study Centre proof, Certificate from the university imparting distance education certifying the location of study centre.
- Conduct and Character Certificate from the head of the institution duly signed by the Gazzatted Officer.
- In case the result is awaited, candidates must submit the undertaking.
If any candidate fails to submit the above-listed documents, he/she will be disqualified from the admission procedure.
This article is based on previous year’s notifications and will be updated as soon as more information on IPU CET 2017 Counselling will be announced officially.
For latest news and information on IPU CET 2017, keep tuned to, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/