IMU CET 2017 : The IMU CET 2017 to be conducted in online mode by Indian Maritime University on May 27, 2017, from 2 pm to 5 pm. The application form of IMU CET was made available on March 25. The last date to apply was May 8. The exam will be held simultaneously in the 36 cities (Test Centres) across India. The admit card of of IMU CET 2017 was released on May 12, 2017. Various campuses of IMU and its affiliated institutes provide admission to the various undergraduate level of marine engineering courses. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in IMU CET 2017 and their physical health. Candidates who desire to appear in the examination have to apply for it. To know more know about IMU CET 2017 important dates, eligibility criteria, admit card, exam pattern, result etc. Read the complete article below.
Latest: To download the IMU CET 2017 Admit Card – Click here
Exam Name: Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test. (IMU CET), 2017
Conducted by: Indian Maritime University (IMU)
IMU CET 2017 Salient Features
- The Common Entrance Test (CET) of IMU for the session 2017-18 will be held in online mode.
- The eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by each and every candidate in order to appear in the examination.
- The stages of the examination from application to the publication of results are will be conducted online.
- Candidates qualifying in IMU CET 2017 will be granted admission in various campuses of IMU and Institutes affiliated with it.
- The examination will be held in 36 cities across the country.
- Candidates must reach at the allotted centre at least 30 minutes before the time of commencement of the examination.
- The Result of IMU CET 2017 will display the name, application number, rank obtained in IMU CET 2017, gender and category of the candidates.
- The counselling and the seat allotment will be done for the qualified candidates on the basis of the scores obtained in IMU CET 2017.
IMU CET 2017 Programmes
The Campuses of IMU and its Participating Institutes offers admission into various undergraduate programmes. Check the name of the programmes along with their duration given below:
|S No.||Name of Programmes||Duration|
|1||B Tech in Marine Engineering||4 Years|
|2||B. Sc. in Nautical Science||3 Years|
|3||B. Sc. in Maritime Science||3 Years|
|4||B. Sc. in Ship Building & Repair||3 Years|
|5||B. Tech in Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering||4 Years|
|6||Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B. Sc. (applied Nautical Science)||1 Year|
Along with the various campuses of IMU, there are many other institutes affiliated with it. The campuses of IMU and the participating institutes will offer admission to the qualified candidates of IMU CET 2017. The Participating Institutes of IMU CET 2017 list out the names of all the institutes affiliated with IMU. Check the names of the name of first 10 participating institutes given below:
|S No.||Name of Institutes|
|1||CV Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar|
|2||College of Ship Technology, Palakad|
|3||Coimbatore Marine College, Coimbatore|
|4||HIMT College, Kilpauk, Chennai|
|5||Euro Tech Maritime Academy, Cochin|
|6||Park Maritime Academy, Coimbatore|
|7||International Maritime Institute, New Delhi|
|8||RL Institute of nautical Sciences, Madurai|
|9||Tolani Ship Rahaman, Mumbai|
|10||Applied Research International, new Delhi|
The Eligibility Criteria of IMU CET 2017 is applicable for each and every candidate appearing in IMU CET 2017. If any candidate is found ineligible, his/ her application form will be rejected. Therefore, before applying for the examination, candidates must check the norms given below.
|Marital Status||Only unmarried candidates can apply for the examination|
Below are the scheduled dates of IMU CET 2017:
|S No.||Event||Important Dates|
|1.||Commencement of Online Registration||March 25, 2017|
|2.||Last Date for Online registration||May 8, 2017|
|3.||Downloading of Admit Card||May 12, 2017|
|4.||IMU CET 2017 to be held on||May 27, 2017|
|5.||Result Announcement||May 30, 2017|
|6.||Commencement of Online Counselling||June 2 to June 16, 2017|
|7.||Verification of Certificates||July 10 to July 16, 2017|
|8.||Commencement of Programmes||July 17, 2017|
- All the candidates can apply for IMU CET 2017 in online mode only.
- The online registration has started from March 25 and the eligible candidates can apply before May 08, 2017.
- The registration process is divided into two parts Basic Registration – this is for generating the Application Number and login details. After the ‘Basic Registration’ i.e. after the candidate clicks on ‘Submit’ button in the Basic Registration page the application number of IMU CET 2017 will be displayed. The candidates will receive login credentials by Email and SMS.The detailed application form – in this process further details have to be submitted.
- Applicants, have to upload the photograph, signature, 10th mark sheet, 12th mark sheet (if appearing then they must enter it by clicking on edit option between May 1 to June 16), and candidates belonging to SC/ ST category have to upload scanned copy of their SC/ ST certificates where applicable.
- The registration fee can be paid through Online Payment Gateway.
- After successful payment of the registration fee, applicants can download and print the filled in application form.
IMU CET 2017 Registration Fee Structure
|General Candidates||Rs. 1000|
|Schedule Caste/ Schedule Tribe||Rs. 700|
IMU CET 2017 will be held in around 36 cities across the country. Candidates have to select the exam centre at the time of online registration. Candidates will require giving 3 preferences for the cities where they wish to take the examination. Check the first 10 names of the exam centres given below:
|S No.||Name of Cities|
Candidates, who have successfully applied for the examination, will be issued admit cards. Applicants can download their hall tickets once it is made available online.The hall ticket of IMU CET 2017 was available for download on May 12, 2017.. The admit card will contain the details, photograph and signature of the candidates. The name and address of the venue will also be indicated in the admit card.
The Syllabus of IMU CET 2017 comprises of the subjects from which questions will be asked in the examination. Candidates must check the syllabus given below and start preparing for the exam.
|Physics||Class XII state boards and CBSE syllabus|
|Chemistry||Class XII state boards and CBSE syllabus|
|Mathematics||Class XII state boards and CBSE syllabus|
|General Aptitude||Word Groups, Instructions, Structural Analysis, Syllogism (Logic-based questions), Data Sufficiency, Pipes & Cisterns, Data Interpretation, Fill in / Completion of series based on Pattern / Logic, Odd Man Out, Boat & Streams, Critical Reasoning, Numerical Computation, Numerical Estimation, Time & Work, Calendar, Stocks, Clocks, Height & Distance, Time & Distance, Quantitative Aptitude, Abstract Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, Logic Reasoning, Fault Diagnosis, Mechanical Reasoning, Ratio, Numerical Reasoning, Mixture & Allegation.|
|General Knowledge||Current Affairs, basic GK questions.|
The Exam Pattern of IMU CET 2017 given below comprises of the pattern of the test such as mode of exam, total no. of questions, marking scheme etc.
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Distribution of Marks||Mathematics: 50Physics: 50Chemistry: 25English: 25General Knowledge: 25General Aptitude: 25|
|Marking scheme||Each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking for incorrect answer.|
IMU CET 2017 Mock Test
Mock Test of IMU CET 2017 has been introduced to make the students acquainted with the computer based exam. By taking the mock test, candidates will be able to understand how the test is conducted. Regular practice will also help to prepare better for IMU CET 2017. Therefore, candidates are advised to repeatedly practice Mock Test Papers of IMU CET 2017 in order to equip themselves to face the Computer-based CET 2017 with confidence.
IMU will publish the Answer Keys of IMU CET 2017 after the conclusion of the exam. Candidates can use the Answer Keys to cross check their response with that of the answer keys. With its help, students can calculate their probable score and analyse their performance.
IMU CET 2017 Result
- The Result of IMU CET 2017 will be declared online on May 30, 2017.
- Automated e-mails/SMS will be sent to every registered applicant on publication of the result.
- The result will display the list of the qualified candidates along with their category and CET rank.
- The results of the IMU CET 2017 will be valid for the particular Academic session only.
IMU CET 2017 Counselling
- Based on the score obtained in IMU CET 2017, candidates will be shortlisted for the online Counselling of IMU CET 2017.
- The online counselling of IMU CET 2017 for undergraduate engineering courses will start from the June 2 to June 16, 2017..
- Candidates will be required to register for online counselling.
- List of selected candidates after the counselling will be published online along with the allotment letter.
IMU CET 2017 Seat Allotment
Seat allotment to various engineering courses will be done after the Counselling of IMU CET 2017. The seat allotment process will be followed by verification of original mark sheets and certificates, physical fitness clearance, etc. Candidates who fail to produce the required documents will not be allotted seats to any of the engineering courses.
Indian Maritime University
East Coast Road
Chennai – 600119
Phone no. : +91 (44) 2453 0343 / 345
Official Website: www.imu.edu.in