IIST B.Tech 2017 Counselling: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram has released IIST B.Tech 2017 counselling schedule on June 21, 2017. Only those candidates who have successfully registered for admission to IIST and paid the required amount within the given period has been called for IIST B.Tech counselling. The candidates must be present in the IIST B.Tech counselling as per the IIST B.Tech categorywise rank list. It is mandatory for all the candidates to be present in person for counselling of IIST B.Tech. The candidates reported for the counselling can fill their choices in their order of preference. Along with the schedule of IIST B.Tech 2017 counselling, the schedule for confirmation of seats, as well as waitlist numbers are also declared. The IIST B.Tech 2017 admission counselling will be held in five cities – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, New Delhi and Thiruvanathapuram simultaneously, on July 1 & 2, 2017. There will be around 120 seats for the undergraduate engineering courses. To get complete details about IIST B.Tech 2017 Counselling read the article below.
IIST B.Tech 2017 Counselling Dates
Below are important dates of IIST B.Tech 2017 counselling:
|IIST B.Tech Category||Ranks||Counseling Dates||Counseling Timings|
|Common Rank List||Rank 2000||July 01, 2017||8:00 am to 9:30 am|
|OBC NCL Rank List||Rank 1000||July 01, 2017||8:00 am to 9:30 am|
|Scheduled Tribe Rank List||Rank 500||July 01, 2017||2:00 pm to 3:30 pm|
|Scheduled Caste Rank List||All Rank||July 01, 2017||2:00 pm to 3:30 pm|
|PD Rank List||All Rank||July 01, 2017||2:00 pm to 3:30 pm|
IIST B.Tech 2017 Counselling for Wait List (WL) Candidates
|1||Wait List Seat Update 1||Online Allotment||July 7, 2017 (10 AM)|
|Reporting||July 10, 2017 (Before 3 PM)|
|2||Wait List Seat Update 2||Online Allotment||July 10, 2017 (6 PM)|
|Reporting||July 12, 2017 (Before 3 PM)|
|3||Wait List Seat Update 3||Online Allotment||July 12, 2017 (6 PM)|
|Reporting||July 14, 2017 (3 PM)|
|4||Wait List Seat Update 4||Online Allotment||July 14, 2017 (6 PM)|
|Reporting||July 17, 2017 (3 PM)|
|5||Wait List Seat Update 5||Online Allotment||July 17, 2017 (6 PM)|
|Reporting/Joining On||July 21, 2017 (9 AM)|
|6||Date to Join IIST||–||July 21, 2017|
|7||Spot Admission for Wait Listed CandidatesVenue: IIST, Thiruvananthapuram||Announcement of Vacant Seats (if any)||July 24, 2017 (1 PM)|
|Tentative Date for Spot Admission||July 28, 2017 (11 AM)|
IIST B.Tech 2017 Counselling Venue
Below are the five centres in which candidates must be present physically for IIST B.Tech admission:
|Ahmedabad||Space Applications Centre, Jodhpur Tekra, Satellite Road, opposite of Bhavnirzar Temple, Ambawadi Vistar P.O., Ahmedabad – 380015.||13 km from Ahmedabad Rly. Stn.
16 km from Ahmedabad Airport.
11 km from City Bus Stand.
|Bangalore||ISRO Head Quarters, Antariksh Bhavan, New BEL Road,Near M.S.Ramiah Hospital, Bangalore – 560 231||9 km from Bangalore City Rly.Stn.
9 km from Bangalore Bus Terminal.
36 km from Bangalore Airport
Near M.S.Ramiah Hospital.
|New Delhi||Antariksh Vihar, B5, Dwarka Sector-17, Keshavkunj Chowk, (Opp. Sector-13 Metro Station), New Delhi -110 075||30 km from New Delhi Rly.Stn.
10 km from New Delhi Airport.
Opposite Dwarka Sector-13 Metro Rly.Station.
|Kolkata||RRSC (East), ISRO, Plot No.BG2, Action Area 1B, (Opposite to Home Town Shopping Mall), New Town, Rajarhat, Kolkata-700 156||20 km from Kolkata(Howrah) Rly.Stn.
10 km from Salt Lake City.
10 km from Kolkata Airport.
Opposite Home Town Shopping Mall.
|Thiruvananthapuram||Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Valiamala, Thiruvananthapuram-695547. (Route: Thiruvananthapuram-Vellayambalam-Nedumangad-Aanad-Chullimanoor-Pathinaaraam Kallu-(Turn right and go 1 km – IIST) )||25 km from Trivandrum Rly. Stn.
30 km from Trivandrum Airport.
7 km from Nedumangadu.
IIST B.Tech Counselling Fees
Below are counselling fees for admission in IIST B.Tech 2017:
|Male candidates in GEN and OBC||Rs. 600|
|Female candidates in GEN and OBC||Rs. 300|
|All SC, ST, PD candidates||Rs. 300|
IIST B.Tech 2017 Seat Matrix
|Academic Programme offered in IIST||SC||ST||OBC(NCL)||GEN||Total|
|B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering||9||5||16||30||60|
|B.Tech in Avionics||9||5||16||30||60|
|Dual Degree (B.Tech. in Engineering Physics + M.S./M.Tech.)||3||2||5||10||20|
IIST B.Tech Counselling Procedure
Registration for IIST B.Tech 2017 Counselling
- The registration for IIST B.Tech 2017 counselling and download of admit card for counselling will be made available from 28th June 2017 1:00 P.M. onwards.
- Candidates can login from the link to be provided for registration and downloading IIST B.Tech 2017 Counselling Admit Card.
IIST B.Tech Counselling and Seat Allotment Rounds
Counselling of IIST B.Tech will be conducted in five centres across the country for admission in IIST.
- The counselling will be held on July 01 as per the rank list of IIST B.Tech 2017.
- At the Counselling venue, the candidates have to report at the registration desk and mark their attendance during the above-mentioned timings.
- After the reporting time is over, the list of candidates reported will be sequenced category-wise, in the order of their merit and displayed/published in the waiting hall at the counselling venue.
- Allotment of seats and wait-list numbers on the counselling day as well as during later seat movements (five Wait-List Updates during July 7 to 17) will be carried out from this list of reported candidates only.
Choice Filling in the Reporting Centres
At each centre, there will be an interactive session with the faculty of IIST.The candidates can know more about the courses and prospects of the available academic programs in IIST. The candidates can also get clarification for their specific queries. The candidates reported for the counselling will be given the choice filling option to fill the names of the branch of study in their order of preference.
Group 1 and II for IIST B.Tech Seat Allotment
- GROUP-I will consists of candidates up to a certain RANK in each Category (GEN/OBC/SC/ST/PD), reported for counselling.
- This rank number, depending on the number of candidates reported for the counselling, will be decided and announced at the counselling venue so as to make category-wise.
- GROUP-I have a strength of at least twice the number of seats available in that category.
- GROUP-II will consists of all the remaining reported candidates, category-wise, who does not fall under GROUP-I.
IIST B.Tech 2017 Seat Allotment
- Seat Allotment of IIST B.Tech 2017 will be on the basis of IIST Admission Rank and JEE Advanced 2017 scores.
- Once a candidate accepts a ‘Confirmed seat’, the candidate will have to surrender his original certificates at the counselling centre. In case a candidate is offered a seat which is not their first choice, the candidate will be alloted a wait-list number for higher preferred branches.
- After first round of counselling, any seats that are left vacant on account of would be made available for ‘waitlist’ candidates.
- The wait list will be published by IIST withing two days after counselling of IIST B.Tech.
- Those who accept provisional admission on the day of counselling, should deposit all their original documents at any of the five counselling centers failing which their admission will be automatically cancelled.
Eligibility for IIST B.Tech 2017 counselling
- Candidate has to be an Indian citizen.
- Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC(NCL) categories should be born on or after 1st October 1992, while those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be born on or after 1st October 1987.
- Candidates must secure minimum percentage of marks in 10 + 2 or equivalent examination
- Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC(NCL) categories must have at least 75% aggregate (in 5 papers: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, A language and any other subject) for qualifying examination.
- Those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must have at least 65%.
Documents Required for IIST B.Tech 2017 Counselling
- Original Pass Certificate and Mark sheet of class X showing age and marks for the eligibility.
- Class XII Original Mark list and Pass Certificate
- Caste Certificate of the Candidates (if any) in the prescribed format. Certificates in any other format will not be accepted by the authority.
- PD candidates must have 40% physical impairment. Such candidates are required to produce original certificate issued by the District Medical Board/Competent Authority.
- The OBC(NCL) candidates should produce necessary certificates which must be issued on or after 1st June, 2016 to prove their non-creamy layer status. Along with it candidates must download “Declaration regarding non-creamy layer status of parents in respect of OBC Candidates” and bring the filled up form duly signed to the venue of counselling of IIST B.Tech.
Stay updated with http://engg.entrancecorner.com for latest news & updates. For any queries or doubts on IIST B.Tech 2017 Counselling leave your comments below