IIST B.Tech Admission 2017: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram will conduct admission to various engineering programmes offered at the institute. No entrance examination will be conducted by the institute. Candidates have to qualify JEE Main 2017 conducted by CBSE and appear in JEE Advanced 2017 conducted by IITs to join the engineering programmes in IIST. However, candidates have to register online from May 22, 2017 and last date to register is June 12, 2017. It is also mandatory for each and every candidate to satisfy the norms notified by the institute for being eligible for admission. In the article given below, aspirants can get details about eligibility criteria, important dates, application procedure etc. related to IIST B.Tech Admission 2017.
Conducting Institute: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), Thiruvananthapuram
IIST B.Tech Admission 2017 Salient Features
- IIST, Thiruvananthapuram, will conduct IIST B.Tech Admission 2017 for admission into undergraduate engineering programmes offered by the institute.
- Admission will be done based on the rank secured by the registered candidates in JEE Main 2017.
- The Eligibility Criteria prescribed by IIST must be fulfilled by each and every aspirant for admission.
- Candidates have to apply for admission by registering online and have to pay the requisite fee.
- The Rank list for admission will be prepared by IIST on the basis of the Rank List of JEE Main 2017.
- Candidates have to report in person for the Counselling at any of the allotted centre with all the required documents.
IIST B.Tech 2017 Programmes
Admission to the following undergraduate and dual degree programmes for the academic year 2017-18 will be offered to eligible students who will apply for admission. Check the name of the programmes along with the total no. Of intakes in the table given below:
|Name of Programmes||Duration||Total Intake|
|B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering||4 years||60|
|B.Tech in Avionics||4 years||60|
|Dual Degree (B.Tech and M.S/ M.Tech)||5 years||20|
IIST B.Tech 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for IIST B.Tech Admission 2017 must be acquainted with the Eligibility Criteria of IIST B.Tech. Only those candidates who will meet the required norms will be able to take admission to the desired programmes offered by the institute. The Eligibility Criteria are as follow:
|Citizenship||Candidates must be citizen of India.|
|Performance in JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017||
Candidates must appear in JEE Main 2017 to get qualified for JEE Advanced 2017. The minimum category-wise marks required in JEE Advanced 2017 are as follow:
IIST B.Tech 2017 Important Dates
The Important Dates of IIST B.Tech enlist the dates of all the significant events. Check the dates in the table provided below to be well acquainted with the happenings well in advance and avoid any last minute trouble.
Note: The important dates for online registration have been announced for the academic 2017-18.Other Important Dates are to be announced by IIST. We will update the dates as soon as the Important Dates are announced by IIST.
|S No.||Events||Important Dates|
|1||Information Brochure will be available from||April 30, 2017|
|2||Commencement of online registration of application||May 22, 2017|
|3||Closing date of offline registration of application||June 12, 2017|
|4||Last date to deposit registration fee in bank||Last week of June 2017|
|5||Last date for entering details of payment in the online application portal||Last week of June 2017|
|6||Last date to upload scanned image (PDF/JPEG) of the institute copy of challan (with bank signature and seal)||Last week of June 2017|
|7||For NRI Candidates only:Last date for uploading payment details and uploading the scanned image (PDF/ JPEG) of the Demand draft||Last week of June 2017|
|8||Last date of Demand draft receipt at IIST by Post||Last week of June 2017|
|9||Rank List of IIST and details of the Admission counselling date and venue||Last week of June 2017|
IIST B.Tech 2017 Application Form
- Candidates have to register their application through online portal.
- All the required details in the online application form must be entered by the candidate.
- After completing the online registration, candidates have to download and print the challan and submit the registration fee to validate the application.
- Candidates can make the payment at any one of the branches of State Bank of India (SBI) or Union Bank of India (UBI).
- Candidates in foreign countries can pay the Registration fee through Demand Draft (DD) issued by any bank outside India. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “THE REGISTRAR, IIST” payable at THIRUVANANTHAPURAM, INDIA.
- After submitting the registration fee. Candidates have to enter bank transaction number and password in the online application portal.
- Candidates have to upload scanned image in PDF/ JPEG format of the institute copy of the challan.
IIST B.Tech 2017 Application Fee
Candidates have to pay the requisite application fee in order to validate their application form. Check the fee structure of different categories in the table given below:
|Male candidates (General and OBC categories)||Rs. 600|
|Female candidates (General and OBC categories)||Rs. 300|
|SC/ ST/ PwD candidates||Rs. 300|
IIST B.Tech 2017 Selection Procedure
For admission to IIST B.Tech Programmes, candidates have to appear in JEE Main 2017 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi and qualify themselves to appear for JEE Advanced 2017 conducted by IITs. Candidates have to secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in the examination.
IIST B.Tech 2017 Rank List
- IIST will prepare the rank list for candidates who have successfully registered online for admission in the institute.
- Candidates must satisfy all the eligibility criteria mentioned above. The Rank List of IIST B.Tech 2017 will not be generated for ineligible candidates.
- The Rank List of IIST B.Tech 2017 will be based on the ranks obtained by the registered candidates in JEE Main 2017 Rank List.
IIST B.Tech 2017 Counselling
- Counselling of IIST B.Tech 2017 will be conducted by the IIST for candidates who have successfully applied for IIST B.Tech Admission 2017.
- IIST will consider the JEE Main 2017 Rank List (Category wise) in order to shortlist eligible candidates.
- Candidates have to be physically present at the time of counselling at any of the counselling centres. They must be accompanied by at least one of the parents.
- During the counselling, candidates will have to submit all the original documents/ certificates for verification.
Dr Raveendranath P
Telephone: +91-471-2568477 / 8478 / 8555
Official Website: www.iist.ac.in
Stay tuned to engg.entrancecorner.com for more updates on IIST B.Tech Admission 2017