IISER 2017 Counselling: The counselling of IISER will be conducted in the month of June 2017. The counselling of IISER 2017 will be on the basis of the marks obtained in JEE Advanced 2017, KVPY and SCB. The counselling process will be held to offer seats to the candidates for admission in the five years BS-MS programme in seven campuses of IISER located at Pune, Bhopal, Mohali, Thiruvananthapuram, Berhampur, Kolkata, Tirupati. The counselling of IISER 2017 Admissions will be in two rounds where students will be allotted seats based on the merit list and choice preferences. Only the eligible candidates who will produce their documents for verifications and meet the eligibility requirements set by the Institute will be get admitted in any of the seven campuses. The IISER counselling process will be followed by the seat allotment process. The second round of IISER counselling 2017 will be conducted only if there are vacant seats after the first round of counselling. All the seats are subject to the availability. Candidates who will not be able to meet the eligibility norms will be disqualified for IISER admissions 2017. To get the scheduled dates, counselling procedure and important information about IISER 2017 Counselling read the article below.
Documents required for IISER 2017 Counselling
- The original counselling letter sent to the candidates with photocopies of the letter
- Original admit card for any of the exams has appeared.
- Bank draft that has been prescribed by the IISER Admissions 2017
- Class 10th and 12th examination mark sheets, both original and photocopies
- JEE Advanced/KVPY/SCB Rank Card / Hall Ticket
- Scorecard (if provided)
- Provisional certificate if candidate is appearing for the exam
- Community certificate if candidates are applying under SC/ST/OBC/Other that must be signed by the competent authority
- Medical documents that are mentioned in IISER application form 2017
- Passport size photograph colour and black and white (4-6)
- And all other documents are given in application form of IISER
Procedure of IISER 2017 Counselling
- Candidates must confirm their ranking based on the merit list declared by IISER 2017 Admissions and them select the counselling scheduled date as provided by the authority.
- After the confirmation, the candidates have to choose which campus the candidates wish to appear for IISER 2017 counselling. The candidates will be called for seat allotment process and verify their documents.
- IISER consist of approximately 200 seats and there is a total number of 1,120 seats for admissions. According to last year, 60 seats were allotted to the IISER’s in Tirupathi and Berhampur.
KVPY 1st Round Seat Allotment Result 2017 – Check here
Participating Institutes of IISER
Candidates will be admitted to the following participating institutes of IISER after counselling of IISER and seat allotment procedure.
- IISER Pune
- IISER Bhopal
- IISER Kolkata
- IISER Tirupati
- IISER Mohali
- IISER Berhampur
- IISER Thiruvananthapuram
Indian students can seek admission directly by following the criterion that they can seek admission by clearing JEE Main 2017 or the candidates who are toppers in school board or the candidates who have bagged Kishore Vignanik Prosthan Yojana Award (KVPY) 2016 exam. The seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER’s) will, however, follow the same counselling of IISER for the admission into the BS-MS degree programme.
For more latest updates & news stay tuned to http://engg.entrancecorner.com. For any queries on IISER 2017 Counselling leave your comments below