IISER 2017 Cutoff – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research will announce the cutoff of IISER 2017 Admissions to dual BS-MS dual degree programme at various campuses of IISER. The IISER cutoff will be made available in the 3rd week of July 2017. IISER accepts the scores of the candidates through any of the streams such as KVPY, JEE Advanced 2017 or SCB. However, an aptitude test will be conducted for the selected candidates who will be qualified through SCB exam. The IISER Cutoff will be announced after the completion of the aptitude test. Candidates can check the IISER Cutoff declared branch wise and institute wise for all the campuses. The candidates who will reach the cutoff or will score more than IISER Cutoff 2017 will be further called counselling/admission process. It is compulsory for the aspirants to score the minimum marks required for admissions into BS-MS programme at Berhampur, Pune, Mohali, Kolkata, Bhopal, Thiruvananthapuram. To get more details about the IISER 2017 Cutoff and the minimum scores set for each of the institutes of IISER read the article given below.
Purpose of IISER 2017 Cutoff
There are several purposes of the IISER to set the cutoff. Some of them are:
- The cutoff for IISER 2017 Admissions will be set to specify the number of candidates for admissions in the institutes of IISER. As there is a limited number of seats available in the institutes for admission in BS-MS course, therefore IISER Cutoff will be applied.
- Only the most deserving candidates will get admissions after the IISER 2017 Cutoff is released by IISER. The candidates will be allotted based on the ranks scored in the merit list after the declared based on the availability of seats in that particular programme.
IISER 2017 Cutoff
The admission will be done on the basis of the following examinations:
- KVPY – Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
- JEE Advanced 2017
- SCB- State and Central Boards
Factors determining IISER 2017 Cutoff
- Number of candidates,
- Number of seats and average
- The highest performance of the candidates,
- The difficulty level of the exam.
Note: Candidates must note that for SCB stream and KVPY, the cutoff will be set by IISER itself and for JEE Advanced 2017 will be set by CBSE.
IISER 2017 Cutoff for SCB Channel
|Name of Board||Cut-off percentage||Name of Board||Cut-off percentage|
IISER 2016 Cutoff
The following table specifies the IISER Cutoff 2016:
|Serial Number||Name of the Board||Cutoff Marks||Serial Number||Name of the Board||Cutoff Marks|
|9.||Jammu & Kashmir||81.9||24.||Uttar Pradesh||76.1|
Reservation of seats for various categories
- There will be a relaxation of 5% for OBC NCL candidates as well as Differently Abled Candidates.
- For ST/SC candidates and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) the cutoff will be 55% to be secured in class XII examination.
- All the cutoff marks set by IISER will be different for all the categories. The cutoff marks will be decided out of total marks 100 for all the subjects.
- The calculation of cutoff percentage will be applied to all the subjects including languages will be considered.
For latest updates and news keep visiting http://engg.entrancecorner.com. For any doubts or queries on IISER 2017 Cutoff drop your comments below