IISc BS Admission 2017: For the academic session 2017-18, the Indian Institute of science, Bangalore will offer admission to its undergraduate programme. The online registration has started on February 01, 2017. The last date to fill up the form is April 28, 2017. IISc, Bangalore will not conduct any entrance test. Admission will solely be based on the scores obtained by candidates in exams such as KVPY 2015 & 2016, IIT-JEE Main 2017, IIT-JEE Advanced 2017 and NEET-UG 2017. Candidates also have to fulfil the eligibility criteria defined by the institute. To know more about IISc BS Admission 2017 such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application procedure, counselling etc. read the article given below on this page.
Latest: IISC BS 2017 Application Form – Apply here
Exam Name: Indian Institute of Science Bachelor of Science (IISc BS) Admission, 2017
Conducting Body: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
IISc BS 2017 Salient Features
- IISc Bangalore will grant admission to eligible students into its 4 year Bachelor of Science (Research) programme.
- Admission will be done on the basis of students’ performance in KVPY (2015 & 2016), IIT- JEE Main 2017, IIT- JEE Advanced 2017 and AIPMT 2017.
- Candidates will require filling up the online application form to apply for admission in the University.
- The Eligibility norms have to be fulfilled by each and every candidate.
- Candidates have to report in person for the Counselling of IISc BS Admission 2017 at the campus of IISc, Bangalore.
IISc BS Admission 2017 Discipline
The major disciplines available in the Bachelor of Science (Research) programme are listed below:
- Earth and Environmental Science
IISc BS Admission 2017 Eligibility Criteria
IISc BS Admission 2017 Important Dates
The dates for the significant events of IISc BS Admission 2017 is given below. Check the dates in the table provided below to be prepared for all the events in advanced.
|1||Commencement of submission of application form||February 01, 2017|
|2||Last date for submission of application form||April 28, 2017|
|3||Counselling of IISc BS Admission 2017||1st week of July 2017|
IISc BS Admission 2017 Application Form
The application form is available only in the online mode. Candidates have to follow the steps given below to successfully fill up the application form of IISc BS 2017.
Registration: Candidates will require creating an account by entering their name, nationality, password, Date of birth, Email ID, Security question & answer and the security code. Upon successful registration, a verification mail will be sent to the registered email ID. Candidates have to click on the link and after verification, they have to login into their account to fill up the form.
Filling up of Application Form: Candidates have to enter their personal, category, contact details in the application form and upload scanned images of their photograph and signature of the student as well as their parents.
Department preferences and details of qualification: Candidates will also require entering about their qualifying degree, Branch, status, class and preferences of Disciplines. They also have to enter their class X and XII examination details such as the name of the school, year of passing, Name of the Board etc.
Payment of Fee: Applicants have to pay the application fee to successfully submit and validate the form. The payment can be made through Visa card, Debit/Credit card or through Net Banking.
Application Fee Structure
|01||GN/ OBC/ KM||Rs. 500|
|02||ST/ SC/ PH||Rs. 250|
Print out of Application Form: After the payment of the fee, the application form can finally be submitted. After the final submission, applicants have to take print out of two copies of the form. One of the copy must be kept safely for future reference while the other copy must be sent to the address given below:
Deputy Registrar (Academic)
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore- 560012
IISc BS Admission 2017 Selection Procedure
For admission to IISc BS Admission 2017, the scores in the following exam will be taken into account. Candidates have to appear in any of the exam mentioned below.
- KVPY- SA [ appeared in 2015, and selected for the fellowship]
- KVPY- SB [ appeared in 2016, and selected for the fellowship]
- KVPY- SX [ appeared in 2016, and selected for the fellowship]
- KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for ST/ SC candidates [ appeared in 2015 for SA, 2015 for SB/SX, and selected for the fellowship]
2. IIT- JEE Main 2017
Candidates have to appear in JEE Main 2017 and qualify the same with a minimum of 60% aggregate for General, 54% for OBC- NCL and 30% for SC/ST/PH
3. IIT- JEE Advanced 2017
Candidates have to appear in JEE Advanced 2017 and qualify in it securing a minimum of 60% for General, 54% for OBC- NCL and 30% for SC/ ST/ PH.
Candidates have to qualify in AIPMT with minimum of 60% for General, 54% for OBC- NCL and 30% for SC/ ST/ PH.
IISc BS Admission 2017 Counselling Procedure
- The counselling of IISc BS Admission 2017 will be granted to candidates on the basis of their performance in the above mentioned exams.
- The counselling will be held at the campus of IISc, Bangalore.
- Candidates have to participate in person for the counselling. The admission formalities have to be completed on the same day and pay the admission fee.
- Candidates who fail to report in person, or complete the admission procedure and make the admission fee payment will not be allotted seats.
Dean, Undergraduate Studies
Indian Institute of Science
Bangalore – 560 012
Official Website: www.iisc.ernet.in