HPCET 2017: Himachal Pradesh Technical University will conduct the HPCET 2017 in an offline mode for admission to B.Tech courses on May 13, 2017, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. The application form has released online March 02. The last to apply for HPCET 2017 is April 29, 2017. However, the duly filled in application form of HPCET 2017 must reach the Controller of Examination on or before May 1, 2017. Through the common entrance test, candidates will be able to take admission in around ten different B.Tech courses offered by its affiliated institutes. The admission will be done on the basis of JEE Main 2017 scores and through HPCET 2017. Admit card of HPCET 2017 will be issued to only those candidates who will successfully apply for it. Candidates must also check the eligibility requirements for admission. Candidates may check all important information of HPCET such as important dates, programmes offered, eligibility criteria, application process, etc. of HPCET 2017 given in the article below on this page.
What’s New in HPCET 2017
- For the academic year 207-18, the Aadhaar Card number has been made compulsory for all the candidates while applying for HPCET 2017 for B.Tech admission.
- A new exam centre, Jammu has been added to the list of HPCET 2017 Exam Centres
Exam Name: Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test.
Governing Authority: Himachal Pradesh Technical University.
HPCET 2017 Salient Features
- Through HPCET 2017, candidates can take admission into engineering courses of degree level offered by the participating institutes.
- There is a total number of 10 different courses offered by the participating institutes.
- Only the candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria will be considered for admission.
- The application form for applying for HPCET 2017 will be available online.
- The admit card will be released online. Candidates have to enter their application no. to download the admit card.
- Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- The examination will be a pen and paper based examination.
- The answer key will be released online after the examination is concluded.
- Candidates can challenge the answer key if they are not satisfied with it with supporting documents/ solutions.
- The result will be announced online. It will also be displayed on the notice board of the university.
- Rank list will be prepared for the qualified candidates by taking the scores obtained by them in the examination.
- The counselling will be done for candidates qualifying in JEE Main 2017 and HPCET 2017.
- The initial 50% seats will be filled by the candidates qualifying in JEE Main 2017. The remaining seats will be allotted to the students passing HPCET 2017.
HPCET 2017 Programmes Offered
A total no. of 10 undergraduate engineering courses is offered by the different colleges and Institutes participating in HPCET 2017. Check the name of the courses in the table given below.
|S. No.||Name of Programmes|
|4.||Computer Science & Engineering|
|9.||Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|10.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
The Important Dates of HP CET 2017 list the dates of all the events associated with the exam. To keep track of all the dates of crucial events, check the table given below.
|S No||Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Online HPCET application Form is available from||March 02, 2017|
|2.||Online application form closing date||April 29, 2017|
|3.||Issuing of Admit Card||1st week of May 2017|
|4.||HPCET 2017 Exam to be held on||May 13, 2017 (9:00 am to 12:00 pm)|
|5.||Availability of HPCET 2017 answer key||May 13, 2017 (By 5:00 pm)|
|6.||Result announcement||On or before May 29, 2017|
|7.||Application Form for admission and counselling process in campuses/institutes will start from||June 01, 2017|
The Participating Institutes of HPCET 2017 comprises of various govt. Colleges in the state. Candidates can check the first 10 names of the participating institutes below.
|S. No.||Name of Institutes|
|1.||Atal Bihari Vajpayee Govt. Engineering College, Pragatinagar|
|2.||J. N. govt. Engineering College.|
|3.||Govt. Engineering College Kotla, Rampur|
|4.||Rajiv Gandhi Govt. Engineering College, NagrotaBagwan|
|5.||Green Hills Engineering College, Kumarhatti|
|6.||Dev Bhumy institute of Engineering and Technology, Una|
|7.||Bells institute of Management & Technology, Shimla|
|8.||MIT College of Engineering & Management, Hamirpur|
|9.||Himachal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kangra|
|10.||Himalayan Institute of Engineering & Technology, Sirmour|
- The application form of HPCET has been made available online from March 2, 2017.
- The entire application form will be carried out online and candidates must submit the filled in form on or before April 29, 2017.
- Candidates must ensure that all the information entered in the application form is correct before submitting it.
- Candidates have to pay the entrance examination fee through e- challan mode or through net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- Incomplete application form will not be considered. The application fee will not be refunded either.
- The printout of the application form must be signed by parents/guardians and sent via email or by post to the “Controller of Examination” and the same must reach the office on or before May 1, 2017.
- Candidates must not fill the application form in their Mobile Phones. It is advised to use Mozilla or Firefox while filling the forms.
|SC/ ST/ BPL||Rs. 1400|
HPCET 2017 Exam Centres
The Exam Centres of HPCET 2017 list the name of the cities where the examination is going to be held. Check the name of the exam centres along with their respective codes in the list below:
|S No||Exam Centre||Code|
- The Admit Card of HPCET 2017 will be released online.
- Candidates have to enter their application form no. to download the e- admit card.
- The e-admit card will have the applicant’s name, father’s name, photograph, address of the test centre etc.
- Candidates must check all the details mentioned in the admit card before downloading. If candidates find any discrepancy, they must immediately contact the Controller of Examination, H.P. Technical University, Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur- 177001.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to take a print out of their admit card.
- Candidates without the admit card will not be permitted to appear for the test.
The Syllabus of HPCET 2017 comprises of the subject wise topics that candidates need to cover for the examination. Check the syllabus in the table given below:
|Physics||Laws of motion, kinematics, physics and measurement, rotational motion, work, energy and power, electrostatics, gravitation, properties of solids and liquids, current electricity, thermodynamics, oscillations and waves, kinetic theory of gases, magnetic effects of current and magnetism, communication system, electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, optics, electromagnetic waves, dual nature of matter and radiation, electronic devices.|
|Chemistry||Atomic structure, states of matter, chemical bonding and molecular structure, some basic concepts in chemistry, solutions, chemical thermodynamics, Chemistry in everyday life, redox reactions and chemistry, equilibrium,, surface chemistry, chemical kinetics, Some p- block elements, s- block elements (Alkali and alkali earth metals), atoms and nuclei, Hydrocarbons, Organic Chemistry- some basic principles and techniques, solutions, Environmental chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Electrochemistry, General principles and processes of isolations of elements, Surface chemistry, d- and f- block elements, p- block elements, organic compounds containing nitrogen, alcohols, phenols and ethers, Halo alkenes and halo arenes, Aldehydes, ketones & Carboxylic acids, Polymers, Biomolecules.|
|Mathematics||Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Complex number and quadratic equation, integral calculus, limit, continuity and differentiability, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Differential equations, Co- ordinate geometry, Three-dimensional geometry, Statistics and probability, Three-dimensional geometry, Trigonometry, Vector algebra, mathematical reasoning.|
|Medium of question paper||English|
|Mode of examination||Pena and paper based test|
|Type of questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Total no. of questions||50 questions in each section|
|Total marks||100 marks for each section|
|Marking Scheme||Two marks will be awarded for every right response. For every wrong answer, 0.5 marks will be deducted|
HPCET 2017 Sample Papers
Candidates appearing in HPCET 2017 must practice sample papers to prepare in a more coherent way for the examination. Sample papers have been introduced to give the candidates a prior experience of the examination. Candidates will have many benefits in practising sample papers. They will develop an understanding of the pattern of the question pattern. Solving sample papers will help the students to eliminate silly mistakes, increase their speed and accuracy level. Aspirants who want to score well in the examination must download and practice sample papers.
- The Answer Key of HPCET 2017 will be released after the conclusion of the examination.
- Candidates can use the answer key to match it with their response and calculate their expected score.
- If any candidate has any objection regarding the answer key, a written complaint can be submitted along with supporting document/ solutions.
- The complaint should be sent to the Controller of Examination, H.P. Technical University, Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur-177001 within two days from the date of exam.
The Result of HPCET is expected to be announced on or before May 29, 2017. The result will be declared online and it will also be available on the Notice Board of the University.
HPCET 2017 Rank List
- A rank list will be prepared for the qualifying candidates of HPCET 2017.
- The aggregate marks obtained by the students in the examination will be taken into account to determine the rank list.
- The rank list will be released online as well as displayed on the notice board of the university.
The counselling of HPCET 2017 will start from June 01, 2017. The qualified candidates will be selected on the basis of JEE Main 2017 or HPCET 2017. The first 50% seats will be allotted to the candidates qualifying in JEE Main 2017 and the remaining seats will be allotted to the qualified candidates of HPCET. Candidates will require registering for the counselling process. Candidates have to fill up the application form. Candidates must be present in person at the time of counselling.
Himachal Pradesh Technical University,