HPCET 2017 Cutoff – The HPCET cutoff 2017 is the minimum qualifying score that the candidates need to secure in the Himachal Pradesh Combined Entrance Test (HPCET 2017) to get qualified for counselling process and seat allotment. HPTU will declare the cutoff of HPCET 2017 after the declaration of result. The HPCET cutoff 2017 is set to delimit the number of candidates to appear in the admission process. Only the successful candidates whose score is more than or equal to the HPCET 2017 cutoff will be given admission as per their rank obtained in HPCET 2017 exam. We will provide HPCET cutoff 2017 on this page for all the categories as soon as the conducting authority releases it. The admission to the B.Tech courses shall be made on the basis of merit or rank/marks obtained in the JEE Main 2017 / HPCET 2017. However, candidates will also have to fulfil the required educational qualification of HPCET 2017 to be eligible for participating in the counselling process. The cutoff of HPCET 2017 to be announced for JEE Main, HPCET and Board candidates. To get all the related information on HPCET 2017 Cutoff read the article below.
Latest: HPCET 2017 Result declared – Check here
HPCET 2017 Cutoff
According to the previous year, the conducting body had announced that the minimum marks required to qualify the exam for all the categories as below :
|S.No.||Exam Name||General Category||Reserved Category|
|1||JEE Main 2017||15%||10%|
|3||Class 12 Board||55%||50%|
Factors for Cutoff of HPCET 2017
Some of the factors that would be considered in deciding the cutoff are –
- Number of candidates,
- Number of seats,
- Exam difficulty level,
- Candidate to seat ration,
- Reservation policies set by Government
- Last year admission trends.
The above-mentioned factors would be collectively taken into account to decide the cutoff of HPCET 2017 which would be applied on the marks obtained in the entrance examination. Every candidate who will score more than or equal to the HPCET 2017 Cutoff will be shortlisted for participation in counselling of HPCET 2017.
Important Information on HPCET 2017 Cutoff
- To understand the HPCET cutoff working, we should know that HPCET cutoff would be applied on the marks in the examination and candidate’s entrance test marks.
- If an applicant succeeds in scoring marks more than or equal to the cutoff, he would be considered as qualified however if the marks of the candidate are less than the candidate, he would not be allowed to participate in the centralised HPCET Counselling round.
- It is absolutely necessary to score well in the examination because it cements the chance of desired seat allotment for admission to the preferred B.Tech courses and Participating Institutes of HPCET 2017 .
HPCET 2017 Cutoff and Merit List
- All the selected candidates would thereafter be enlisted in a merit list of HPCET where candidates will be called accordingly in the decreasing order.
- Candidates with the highest marks would be placed at the top of the list whereas the one with marks equal to the cutoff of HPCET 2017 would be placed at the bottom of the list.
- The Counselling rounds will be held in order of the names appeared in the merit list. Therefore, we can see that the marks secured in the entrance test are inversely proportional to ranking.
- If the ranking is lower than the chance of getting the 1st preferred colleges and course would be more.
For any other queries regarding HPCET 2017 Cutoff drop your comments below or keep visiting http://engg.entrancecorner.com for any updates & news