Based on JEE rank : Only 10 seats will be on offer through this channel. All students who have a rank in the open and extended merit list of Joint Entrance Examination conducted by IITs are eligible to apply through this channel. Students need to download the form (form here) and follow the instructions given in the form to apply. Selected candidates will be required to deposit the bank draft of Rs 25, 000 in favor of "LNM IIT" payable at Jaipur by 1st July, 2009 as mentioned in the form to secure their seats. Institute reserves the right to offer more than 10 admissions.
Programs offered in 2009:
Please note that we are offering the following three programs as of now:
- B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering)
- B.Tech (Electronics and Communication)
- B.Tech (Communication and Computer Engineering)
LNMIIT believes that students should be admitted to the University and not to a program. The students should be free to pursue whatever program they are interested in. There is complete flexibility in changing from one program to another at any time during the program. (Of course, the student will have to complete the graduation requirement of the degree that s/he wants from LNMIIT.) Therefore, it does not matter what program you take admission right now. You can always change without any limits on the number of students in a particular program.
Students who are applying for admission through the AIEEE route should give all three choices during the counseling procedure (but it will not be binding on them to continue in the discipline that they chose during the counseling). If it is confusing, join the discussion group mentioned at the end of the page.
Students who are applying for admission through the JEE route need not specify any program for now.
Please note that LNMIIT is introducing several new programs from August 2009. These include an advanced degree in each of the three disciplines mentioned above, called B.Tech (Honors). Further, we are introducing a B.Tech.-M.Tech dual degree program (five years) in each of the three disciplines mentioned above. All the students admitted to LNMIIT this year will be able to join any of these programs as well (again without any limits on the number of students in any program).
LNMIIT is also introducing programs in two more disciplines, viz., “Engineering Physics” and “Mathematics and Information Technology.” In both these disciplines, we will be introducing a 4-year BS degree, and a 5-year BS-MTech dual degree. All students admitted to LNMIIT will be able to exercise their option to join any of these programs by the end of 1 st year of their program.
So, overall, we will have 13 programs to chose from for all those who take admission in LNMIIT. And each program will have large number of electives so that a student can really study what s/he likes, and follow their passion when it comes to their education.
One time payment:
- Caution Money (refundable at the end of the program) is Rs. 8,000.
- Admission fee is Rs. 3,000.
Per semester charges:
- Tuition fee is Rs. 51,000.
- Registration fee is Rs. 3,000.
- Hostel fee is Rs. 10,000.
- Mess establishment charge is Rs. 1,000.
- Mess charges are on actual basis. Current charges are Rs. 59 per day. An advance payment for the mess needs to be made. The amount is Rs. 7,500. It will be adjusted against the exact mess bill.
Students are, therefore, expected to pay Rs. 83,500 at the time of admission.
Those who have got admission in the first three rounds of AIEEE central counseling would have already paid Rs. 25,000 to the CCB. Those who got admission through JEE would have also paid Rs. 25,000 (selected candidates are required to deposit the bank draft of Rs 25, 000 in favor of "LNM IIT" payable at Jaipur by 1st July, 2009 as mentioned in the form) to secure their admission in the beginning of July. They can deduct that amount from the fee, and pay only Rs. 58,500. Those who get admission in the fourth round of AIEEE central counseling must pay the entire Rs. 83,500 at the time of admission.
Out of the amount payable, Rs. 7,500 should be paid through a demand draft in favor of “LNMIIT Hostel Mess” payable at Jaipur, and the rest of the amount (Rs. 51,000 or Rs. 76,000) should be paid through a demand draft in favor of “LNMIIT” payable at Jaipur. Institute will not accept payment through cash or a check, including at par checks.
Please note that staying in the hostel and joining mess is compulsory for all students. The Governing Council of LNMIIT reserves the right to review the fees and charges from time to time. Normally, such reviews are done annually.
- For students coming from JEE route:
- June 20, 2009 is the deadline to receive complete application forms.
- June 23, 2009 is when we will announce the list of students admitted through JEE route.
- July 01, 2009 is the deadline to pay Rs. 25,000 and to accept admission.
- Depending on the number of applications and number of acceptances, there may be subsequent rounds of admissions. Information will be available on the website, and candidates will also be informed individually regarding their status.
- For all students who have been given admission in LNMIIT:
- July 23-24, 2009 are reporting dates for all candidates.
- July 24-25, 2009 are dates for orientation program.
- July 25, 2009 is the date for academic registration.
- July 27, 2009 is the first day of classes.