GUJCET 2017: As per the officials, the GUJCET 2017 will be conducted by Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) on May 11, 2017. For the academic year 2017-18, Gujarat State Government will now hold Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) 2017 in 46 exam centres across the state of Gujarat, instead of JEE Main for admission. Through GUJCET 2017, deserving candidates will be provided admission into all the undergraduate engineering courses offered by colleges of Gujarat. The GUJCET application form 2017 will be made available from March 30 to April 16, 2017. For admission to B.E and B.Tech, the merit list will be prepared based on 60% weightage of percentile marks obtained in theory subjects of class XII exam and 40% weightage on marked secured in GUJCET 2017. To get more detailed information on eligibility, important dates, application form, participating institutes and more about GUJCET 2017 read the article below.
Salient Features of GUJCET 2017
- Exam Name: GUJCET 2017
- Admission Level: Undergraduate (UG) level.
- Examination Body: Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB)
- Admission Conducting Body: Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC), Gujarat State
- Participating Institutes: 112
- Course duration: 4 years
Scheduled dates of GUJCET 2017 are given below:
|S.No.||GUJCET 2017 Events
|1.||Notification released on||December 1, 2016|
|2.||GUJCET 2017 application form will be available||March 30, 2017|
|3.||Last Date to submit application form of GUJCET 2017||April 16, 2017|
|4.||Date to download Admit Card of GUJCET 2017||May 2017|
|5.||GUJCET 2017 Examination||May 11, 2017
|6.||Declaration of Result||June 2017|
|7.||Merit List will be published on||June 2017|
|8.||Counselling for admission||June 2017|
|S.No||GUJCET Participating Institutes 2017||Number of Seats available|
|1.||Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Ahmedabad||720|
|2.||Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar||1020|
|3.||Lukhdhirji Engineering College, Morbi||510|
|4.||Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management, Ahmedabad||150|
|5.||Government Engineering College, Rajkot||540|
|6.||Nirma University, Ahmedabad||780|
|7.||Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar||300|
|8.||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar||300|
|9.||Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad||612|
|10.||Adani Institute of Infrastructure Engineering, Ahmedabad||120|
|Nationality||The candidates must belong to Indian nationals|
|Domicile||Should be a resident of Gujarat State. Those who belong to other states of the country, defence, central/state government are also eligible to apply for GUJCET 2017.|
|Educational Qualification||Candidates must have qualified their class 10+2 examination from the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar/CBSE, Delhi/CISCE, New Delhi/NIOS/International School Board. If the applicants will complete their class 10+2 examination in 2017, are also eligible to apply for the entrance test.|
|Marks required for admission||Candidates must score minimum of 45 % marks in Class XII examination and reserved categories must obtain 40% marks in their qualifying examination.|
- The Application Form of GUJCET 2017 will be made available tentatively in the month of April 2017.
- The link to fill the apply for the application form will be available here.
- Applicants must correctly fill their personal, educational details, communication address, courses etc and upload the images as prescribed by the Board.
- The payment of application fees must also be paid before the last date.
- The candidates however, after successful payment must take the print out of the application form for further references.
|S.No||Reservation of Seats for GUJCET 2017||Reservation of Seats|
|3.||Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, including widows and orphan of any caste||27%|
|4.||Unreserved Economically Weaker Sections||10%|
|5.||Physically Disabled Category||3%|
|6.||Children of Defense Personnel and Ex-Servicemen||1%|
GUJCET 2017 Exam Centres
- The exam centres of GUJCET 2017 has been released online. The exam will be held across 46 exam centres across the state.
- The examination centres are the list of test centres where the candidates have to appear for the entrance test.
- The candidates have to select at least two or three preferences according to their choices. The exam centres will be notified by GSEB Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
GUJCET 2017 Admit Card
- The admit card of Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) 2017 will be made available online.
- The GUJCET admit card will contain significant details of the entrance test such as roll number of the candidate, name, time and address of the exam centre, important instructions etc.
- It is mandatory for all the candidates to bring the printed admit card of GUJCET in the examination hall to appear for the exam. Failing to do so the authority will exempt the candidates from the entrance exam.
GUJCET 2017 Syllabus
- The syllabus of GUJCET 2017 will comprise of subjects Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry for admission to undergraduate engineering courses.
- The Admission Committee for Professional Courses has advised the applicants to go through the class XII examination board of Gujarat for the preparation of the entrance examination. The syllabus of GUJCET 2017 will be updated as soon as it releases by the official website
GUJCET 2017 Exam Pattern
|2.||Exam Paper Language||Gujarati, Hindi and English|
|3.||Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|4.||Options in Question Paper||Four options for each question|
|5.||Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|6.||Total Number of Questions||
GUJCET 2017 Result
- The result will be declared tentatively in the month of May 2017.
- The GUJCET Result 2017 will be made available by the conducting authority in online mode.
- No results will be provided by post/email. The result of GUJCET will include the name and roll number of the candidates with their scores, ranks obtained in the entrance test. However, a separate merit list will be prepared by ACPC after the declaration of Result.
GUJCET 2017 Merit List
- The conducting authority will publish the merit list of GUJCET 2017.
- On the basis of the merit list, candidates will be allotted seats in the counselling process.
- The merit list will be prepared on considering 60 percentile marks in theory subjects of class XII Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 40 percentile in GUJCET 2017 entrance examination.
- The process of the merit list will be applicable for all the candidates who belong to the states other than the Gujarat State from a recognised state/central board.
GUJCET 2017 Counselling
- The Counselling will be based on the Merit List declared by the authority. The schedule of counselling rounds will be also made available by the conducting body.
- Only those candidates will be shortlisted for admission in order of their ranks secured in their entrance examination will be called for participating in the counselling.
- The counselling is expected to be held in the month of June and will continue till mid week or last of June.
- The counselling is usually held in two rounds.
- The candidates have to fill their choice of courses and colleges in online mode. All the seats will be subject to availability based on the marks and category they belong to.
- After the completion of the first round of counselling, if the seats are vacant than the second round of counselling.
- Aspirants selected for admission must produce their original documents for verification. However, it is also necessary to keep photocopies of the documents in the help centre and submit the application form with necessary documents for verification.
The Admission Committee for Professional Courses (Gujarat State)
Near Library, L. D. College of Engineering Campus,
Ahmedabad – 380015
Phone Number: 079-26855444, 079-26300360
Help Line Number: 011-40360360
Email Id: email@example.com
For more information and news on GUJCET 2017 keep visiting http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ and for any queries leave your comments below