GUJCET 2017: Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB) conducted GUJCET 2017 on May 10, for all the B.Tech aspirants. The result of GUJCET 2017 was declared on May 23. Candidates qualifying in GUJCET 2017 will be offered admission to 112 colleges/institutes through the counselling process. GUJCET counselling 2017 will be conducted by the Admission Committee of Professional Courses (ACPC) from May 12 to July 31. All B.E/B.Tech candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list, which will be prepared based on the 60% weightage of the percentile marks obtained in theory paper in Class XII exam and 40% weightage from the GUJCET 2017 scores. In the year 2017, 2,67,325 candidates appeared for GUJCET 2017. To get all the detailed information on GUJCET 2017 answer key, result, counselling, go through the article below.
Latest: GUJCET 2017 Result Announced- Check here
Salient Features of GUJCET 2017
- Exam Name: GUJCET 2017
- Admission Level: Undergraduate (UG) level.
- Examination Body: Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSEB)
- Admission Conducting Body: Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC), Gujarat State
- Participating Institutes: 112
- Course duration: 4 years
- The result was declared on May 23, 2017.
- The GUJCET result 2017 was made available by the conducting authority in online mode. However, candidates can collect their marksheets from the distribution centres on May 23 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- No results were provided by post/email. The result of GUJCET included the name and roll number of the candidates with their scores, ranks obtained in the entrance test.
- However, a separate merit list was prepared by ACPC for admission
GUJCET 2017 Merit List
- A provisional merit list was published on June 17, and the final rank list to be available on June 27.
- On the basis of the merit list, candidates are allotted seats in the counselling process.
- The GUJCET merit list has been prepared on considering 60 percentile marks in theory subjects of class XII Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 40 percentile in GUJCET 2017 entrance examination.
- The process of the merit list is applicable for all the candidates who belong to the states other than the Gujarat State from a recognised state/central board.
- The Counselling is based on the Merit List declared by the authority. The schedule of counselling rounds has also been made available by the conducting body.
- Only those candidates will be shortlisted for admission in order of their ranks secured in their entrance examination will be called for participating in the counselling.
- The counselling process is being conducted from June 01, 2017 and will continue till July 31.
- The counselling is held in two rounds.
- The candidates have to fill their choice of courses and colleges in online mode. All the seats will be subject to availability based on the marks and category they belong to.
- After the completion of the first round of counselling, if the seats are vacant than the second round of counselling.
- Aspirants selected for admission must produce their original documents for verification. However, it is also necessary to keep photocopies of the documents in the help centre and submit the application form with necessary documents for verification.
|S.No||GUJCET Participating Institutes 2017||Number of Seats available|
|1.||Vishwakarma Government Engineering College, Ahmedabad||720|
|2.||Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar||1020|
|3.||Lukhdhirji Engineering College, Morbi||510|
|4.||Institute of Infrastructure, Technology, Research and Management, Ahmedabad||150|
|5.||Government Engineering College, Rajkot||540|
|6.||Nirma University, Ahmedabad||780|
|7.||Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology, Gandhinagar||300|
|8.||Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar||300|
|9.||Dharmsinh Desai University, Nadiad||612|
|10.||Adani Institute of Infrastructure Engineering, Ahmedabad||120|
GUJCET 2017 Answer Key
The answer key of GUJCET 2017 includes all the answers to questions asked in entrance examination. The provisional answer key of GUJCET was made available by GSEB on May 11, 2017. Candidates were allowed to challenge the answer key until May 15. Now, the admission comittee has published GUJCET answer key 2017 on May 17. Candidates can start matching their answers and can calculate their scores to be secured in GUJCET 2017.
Scheduled dates of GUJCET 2017 are given below:
|S.No.||GUJCET 2017 Events
|1.||Notification released on||December 1, 2016|
|2.||GUJCET 2017 application form was available||March 30, 2017|
|3.||Last Date to submit application form of GUJCET 2017 was|
|4.||Date to download Admit Card of GUJCET 2017||May 04, 2017|
|5.||GUJCET 2017 Examination||May 10, 2017
|6.||Provisional answer key was available on||May 11, 2017|
|7.||Final answer key published on||May 17, 2017|
|8.||Declaration of Result||May 23, 2017|
|9.||Merit List published on||June 17, 2017|
|10.||Counselling for admission||June 01, 2017|
GUJCET 2017 Counselling Schedule
ACPC has announced the dates of GUJCET counselling 2017. Candidates can check the schedule of GUJCET counselling from the table below.
|S.No||GUJCET 2017 Counselling Events||Important Dates|
|1||Availability of PIN from prescribed branches of Bank and payment of counselling fee||May 12 to June 9, 2017|
|2||Online Registrations starts||June 1, 2017|
|3||Submitting filled registrations and relevant documents to Help Centres||June 12, 2017|
|4||Final Seat Matrix announced||June 15, 2017|
|5||Provisional Merit List to be released||June 17, 2017|
|6||Choice Filling for Mock Round||June 17 to June 22, 2017|
|7||Mock round result||June 27, 2017|
|8||Declaration of Final Merit List||June 27, 2017|
|9||Final List of Institutes and Seat Matrix||June 27, 2017|
|10||Filling of choices – round I||June 27 to July 2, 2017|
|11||First seat allotment list to be announced on||July 5, 2017|
|12||Depositing tuition fee and generating admission slip||July 5 to July 12, 2017|
|13||Round I – vacant seats left||July 13, 2017|
|14||Cancellation of admission online||July 7 to July 21, 2017|
|15||Round II – Consent for Reshuffling and alteration of choices, if any||July 17 to July 20, 2017|
|16||Seat allotment list||July 24, 2017|
|17||Depositing tuition fees||July 24 to July 28, 2017|
|18||Cancellation of admission||July 25 to July 30, 2017|
|19||Vacant seats left after round II||July 31, 2017|
|20||Start of Academic Term||July 27, 2017|
- The admit card of Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) 2017 was available online from May 04, 2017.
- GSEB has also sent all the registered candidates their admit card through post.
- The GUJCET admit card contained all the related information of the entrance test such as roll number of the candidate, name, time and address of the exam centre, important instructions etc.
- It was mandatory for all the candidates to bring the printed admit card of GUJCET in the examination hall to appear for the exam. Failing to do so the authority will exempt the candidates from the entrance exam.
GUJCET 2017 Exam Centres
- The exam centres of GUJCET 2017 was released online. The exam was held across 46 exam centres across the state.
- The examination centres were list of test centres where the candidates have appeared for the entrance test.
- The candidates had selected at least two or three preferences according to their choices. The exam centres were notified by GSEB Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
GUJCET 2017 Syllabus
- The syllabus of GUJCET 2017 comprised of subjects Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry for admission to undergraduate engineering courses.
- The Admission Committee for Professional Courses has advised the applicants to go through the class XII examination board of Gujarat for the preparation of the entrance examination.
GUJCET 2017 Exam Pattern
The candidates appeared for GUJCET 2017 had to be aware of paper pattern to get an idea of type of questions, marking scheme, mode of exam, number of questions, subjects to be covered in the exam etc.
|2.||Exam Paper Language||Gujarati, Hindi and English|
|3.||Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|4.||Options in Question Paper||Four options for each question|
|5.||Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|6.||Total Number of Questions||
|Nationality||The candidates must belong to Indian nationals|
|Domicile||Should be a resident of Gujarat State. Those who belong to other states of the country, defence, central/state government are also eligible to apply for GUJCET 2017.|
|Educational Qualification||Candidates must have qualified their class 10+2 examination from the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar/CBSE, Delhi/CISCE, New Delhi/NIOS/International School Board. If the applicants will complete their class 10+2 examination in 2017, are also eligible to apply for the entrance test.|
|Marks required for admission||Candidates must score minimum of 45 % marks in Class XII examination and reserved categories must obtain 40% marks in their qualifying examination.|
- The application form of GUJCET 2017 was extended until April 25. Candidates have submitted a late fee of Rs 1300 at the examination authority office, GSEB. The candidates who submits the late application form can appear at the Gandhinagar only.
- The link to fill in the application form is provided above
- Applicant should have valid Email ID and documents such as Photograph passport size and signature were required to attach before submitting the application.
- Applicants had to fill their personal (Aadhaar Card Number is compulsory), examination details, school information, courses etc and upload the images as prescribed by the Board.
- There was no application fees to be paid by the candidates during application form fill up. The candidates have paid an amount of Rs 300 by Demand Draft only.
- The candidates, however, after successful payment have taken the print out of the application form for further references.
|S.No||Reservation of Seats for GUJCET 2017||Reservation of Seats|
|3.||Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, including widows and orphan of any caste||27%|
|4.||Unreserved Economically Weaker Sections||10%|
|5.||Physically Disabled Category||3%|
|6.||Children of Defense Personnel and Ex-Servicemen||1%|
The Admission Committee for Professional Courses (Gujarat State)
Near Library, L. D. College of Engineering Campus,
Ahmedabad – 380015
Phone Number: 079-26855444, 079-26300360
Help Line Number: 011-40360360
Email Id: email@example.com
For more information and news on GUJCET 2017 keep visiting http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ and for any queries leave your comments below