GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling – After the declaration of the results, counselling will take place tentatively by 3rd week of May, 2017. Candidates will qualify the engineering entrance exam by scoring marks either more than or equal to the GITAM GAT 2017 Cut Off. Detailed schedule of the counselling would be posted on the direct link provided on this page. Candidates will not be called for counselling until they qualify in the exam. They must produce certain documents for verification during the Counselling for GITAM GAT 2017. Candidates seeking admission to the UG B.Tech courses can get all the details about GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling below.
First rank holders of the central and all state board examinations 2017, equivalent to 10+2 will be given admission to the program of their choice, without appearing for GITAM GAT 2017 subject to their fulfilling the prescribed GITAM GAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria. However, they make sure to submit an application seeking admission to B.Tech. programmes in GITAM University.
The article is based on last year Information Brochure. It will be updated as soon as the site releases GITAM GAT 2017 Brochure.
Documents needed during the Counselling for GITAM GAT 2017:
Candidates need to carry the important documents in original along with the attested Xerox copies for GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling. Following are the documents required:
- GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling Call Letter
- Class X Pass Certificate
- Class XII Mark Sheet and Pass Certificate
- Transfer, Study and Conduct Certificate
- For ST/SC candidates: Integrated Community Certificate, If applicable
- For PH candidates: Medical Certificate from not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon
- For Bengaluru Campus: Residence Certificate from competent authority (for a minimum period of 5 years) for a local category.
Important information related to GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling:
Counselling will start from: 3rd week of May, 2017.
Counselling Centres: Seven Centres (mentioned below)
Counselling Fees: Rs 1000/-
GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling Centres at GITAM campuses:
- Vishakhapatnam Campus of GITAM University
- Hyderabad Campus of GITAM University
- Hyderabad City
- Bengaluru Campus of GITAM University
Candidates have to attend the Counselling of GITAM GAT 2017 in person. Shortlisted candidates must submit the original documents mentioned above for verification during counselling procedure. GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling will be held on the availability of seat and the rank scored.
NOTE: Physically Handicapped candidates are required to attend for the GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling at Vishakhapatnam Centre only.
Procedure for GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling:
- Seat Allotment will be based on the choices submitted by the candidates who will be processed centrally and seats will be allotted in order of the merit on the basis of the locked choices.
- Candidates will be called in the order of their ranks and selected seats vacant at that point of time. The Eligible rank holders qualified in GITAM GAT 2017 are required to attend Online Counselling with Call Letter by downloading from the link given on this page at any of the above given six centres for admission to B.Tech. Candidates must take the print out of this letter.
- The candidates have to pay an amount of Rs. 1000/- as Counselling Fee which is non-refundable. The university fee immediately in the form of Challan at Bank counter available in counselling centre or Demand Draft drawn in favour of GITAM University, to be paid at Visakhapatnam.
- The candidates must report to the University for Document Verification with the Original Documents along with the payment receipt. It is necessary to attend the counselling in person. If candidates are unable to do so, they can send their Parent/Guardian with the Original Documents.
- After the completion of the verification All provisionally admitted candidates are required to physically report at the final allotted University
- Candidates will be required to submit the Balance Fee (if any) at the time of the registration for First Semester classes.
- Only one parent is allowed with the candidate at the Counselling venue. Any non-disciplinary behaviour may lead to rejection.
- Seats will be cancelled if a candidate fails to pay the University Admission Fee. There will be no extension of the date.
- Candidates may have to stay on the subsequent day, if necessary.
For any queries related to GITAM GAT 2017 Counselling comment below –