GATE 2017 Application Form – The deadline to submit the application form of GATE 2017 lapsed on October 10, 2016. Now, no new registration can be done. However, the already registered candidates may change the entered exam city, gender, and category, until November 22, 2016. Apart from this, the candidates will not be allowed to change any other information filled in the GATE application form. The corrections has to be done from the GOAPS. To make the corrections, the candidates will have to pay Rs, 750 as the fee amount. However, for changing the exam city only Rs. 400 has to be paid. Check more information on GATE 2017 Application Form, from the article below.
Though the application procedure has ended, but for our readers, below we have mentioned how the GATE 2017 Application Form could be submitted successfully.
Keep the following Documents Ready Before Filling GATE 2017 Application Form
|Dimensions and formats|
|1||Photograph||Candidates must upload a passport size photograph taken after September 1, 2016 in a professional studio. Background of the photograph must be white or a very light color. The face should occupy at least 75% of the area of the photograph with a full- face view looking into the camera directly. The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow. Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible. Candidates wearing spectacles are advised to ensure any glare. They can take a photograph without their glasses also||The image must be in a JPEG format The print must be of a standard 3.5 cm × 4.5 cm Maximum pixel resolution is 480 × 640 (0.3 Mega pixel Minimum pixel resolution for JPEG is 240 × 320.|
|2||Signature||Candidates must draw a rectangular box of size 2 cm × 7 cm (Height x Width) on an A4 white paper. They must then sign with a black or dark blue ink pen within this box. DONOT Use capital letters or any other colour ink for the signature Get the digital image of the rectangular box (with your signature inside) scanned by a professional using a scanner. Crop it to the border of the box. Photographs of the signatures taken using mobile phone are not acceptable||Only JPEG image formats will be accepted. Maximum pixel resolution for the image is 160 × 560. Minimum pixel resolution for the image is 80 × 280.|
|3||Thumb Impression||Candidates must draw a rectangular box of size 3 cm × 5 cm (Height x Width) on an A4 white paper. They must mark their left thumb impression within this box using a blue or black stamp pad only. Candidates unable to use left thumb can use their Right thumb impression Candidates unable to provide any thumb impression for any reason must provide impression of any finger They must get the digital image of the rectangular box with the thumb impression scanned by a professional using a scanner and crop it to the border of the box. Photographs of the thumb impression taken using mobile phone are not acceptable||Only JPEG image formats will be accepted. Maximum pixel resolution for the image is 160 × 560. Minimum pixel resolution for the image is 80 × 280.|
|4||Eligibility Criteria Certificate||
Check the table given below to see which certificate must be uploaded.
|PDF format. No file size has been specified Click here|
|5||SC/ST/PwD Certificate||The certificates valid and issued by authorities empowered to issue the certificates||PDF Format|
Authorities Empowered to Issue SC/ST Certificates
- District Magistrate/ Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/ Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/ City Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluk Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the Candidate and/or her/his family normally resides
- Administrator/ Secretary to Administrator/ Development Officer (Lakshadweep Islands)
What to Upload for Eligibility Certificate:
Candidates can click here to download the given format for the Provisional certificate to be signed by the Principal or HOD.
|Type of Candidate||Eligibility Certificate to Upload|
|Candidates who have completed their degree OR are pursuing PG||Upload Degree Certificate OR Provisional Degree Certificate|
|Candidates who have completed their Degree in 2016 or earlier||Degree Certificate OR course completion certificate OR membership certificate issued by the society OR Provisional Certificate|
|Candidates who completed degree in 2016 or before (incomplete due to backlog papers)||Completion Certificate OR 6th semester mark sheet OR the provisional certificate letter as above|
|Candidates who have completed their degree but don’t have the Certificate/degree certificate/provisional certificate/7th and 8th semester mark sheet||6th semester mark sheet OR the provisional certificate letter as given above|
|AMIE Candidates||Marks Sheet for AMIE Section A|
|Candidates studying Integrated degrees||Provisional Certificate Letter given above|
|Final Year students completing their degree in 2017 with or without Back logs||7th or 6th Semester Marks sheet Or Provisional Certificate given above|
Checklist of details needed while filling the GATE 2017 Application Form:
Use the given list below to tick off the details while you keep them ready. The list given below is a simple ready reckoner that will allow you to smoothly fill the application form rather than search for a detail you may have forgotten. Candidates are advised to keep the following ready before filling the application form for GATE 2017.
|SNo||List of Details|
|1||Personal information (name, date of birth, valid personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, etc.).|
|2||Address for Communication (including PIN code),|
|3||Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college),|
|4||GATE paper that the candidates will be appearing for|
|5||Choice of GATE examination cities – three choices to be entered from any zone|
|6||Scanned image of Photograph as specified above|
|7||Scanned image of Signature as specified above|
|8||Scanned Image of Left Thumb Impression as specified above|
|9||Scanned copy of Degree Certificate or Certificate from Principal/HODs in pdf format.|
|10||Scanned copy of Category/PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format.|
|11||Details of a valid ID Proof to be entered and carried to the exam hall.|
|12||Net-banking login and password in case of payment through net-banking mode.|
|13||Debit card/credit card number, password, CVV number in case of Card Payment.|
|14||Fee payment number|
Instructions for filling in the GATE 2017 Application Form
The following are the steps involved in completing the GATE Application Form 2017
Step I: Registration: Link will be provided from September 1, 2016
- Candidates are required to register first by entering the following information:
Password: Ensure that the password is unique and is not just a name, date of birth, or some string of numbers or letters like 12345, abcd, etc. This is to avoid misuse. Password must be between 8 to 15 characters
- After successful registration, an email will be sent to the candidates containing the GOAPS Enrolment ID. This can be used to log in through GOAPS to fill the Application Form, download of Admit Card, Corrections, Result Checking and download of Score Card for GATE 2017.
GATE 2017 Application Form Available Online – Apply here
Step II: Filling the details in the GATE 2017 Application Form
- Candidates must log in to fill the GATE 2017 Application Form.
- Candidates must enter their personal details, academic details and address
- They must choose three exam centers of their choice.
- They must enter the details of a valid Photo ID that will be required to be carried to the exam hall along with the GATE 2017 Admit Card. The list is given below.
- They must then upload the photograph, signature, thumb impression and eligibility certificate. SC/ST/PwD candidates need to upload the category/medical certificate as specified.
- While filling the application form, applicants can choose to ‘Save’ any information that they have partially filled in, logout and resume filling in the application later if they wish to do so.
Documents allowed as Photo ID are:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- College ID
- Employee Identification Card
- Driving License.
For International candidates
- Valid Passport
- Government issued ID
- College ID
- Employee ID
Step III: Payment of the Application Fee
|Sno||Candidate Category||Mode||Application Fee|
|1||Women||Online /Challan||Rs. 750|
|2||SC/ST/PwD Category Students||Rs. 750|
|3||All Others||Rs. 1500|
|4||International Students||USD 50|
How to Pay the Application Fee:
- Applicants can choose to pay the application fee online or offline. While online payment options include Net banking or payment via Credit Card/Debit Card, offline payment can be done through an E-Challan of the SBI or Axis Bank.
- Before making payment of the application fee, however, every applicant should preview the GATE 2017 Application Form that they have filled in and rectify any errors or mistakes if need be.
- For online payments- Once the payment has been successfully completed, a unique ‘Fee Payment Number’ will be generated and this is to be saved by the applicant.
Step IV: Final Submission of the GATE 2017 Application Form
- After the application form has been entirely filled in and the requisite fee has been paid, applicants should confirm final submission of their GATE 2017 Application Form.
- No documents need to be send to the GATE Office separately.
- A confirmation Page will be generated with the details of the candidates.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the same for future reference.
Problems to Login into GOAPS?
- If candidates have forgotten Enrollment ID or not received their Enrollment ID via email: They must enter details of the registered mobile number and the GOAPS Password. The GATE 2017 Enrollment ID will be sent to the candidate via SMS.
- Candidates who have forgotten their GOAPS password: The details of the registered Mobile Number and Enrollment ID have to be entered by candidates. The information will be verified by the authorities and a new GOAPS password will be sent via SMS/email.
- Candidates who have forgotten their GATE 2016 Enrollment ID as well as password:
Candidates must fill a new application form if they have not paid the Application fees. In case they have made the payment, they should contact the GATE 2016 Zonal Office
GATE 2017 Application Status: will be started from October 15, 2016 onwards.
- Candidates who have submitted their GATE 2017 Application Form must check the status of their applications.
- The status can be checked through GOAPS. Candidates have to log in and check.,
- The status will be Received, Under Scrutiny, Accepted, Defect Status, Status after Rectification, Rejected with Valid Reasons, Admit Card Ready for Download
- In case of any queries candidates must contact the zonal GATE Office
Frequently Asked Questions for GATE Application:
Question: I have made a mistake in my application form. How to rectify it?
Answer: The Mobile number and Email ID you have entered cannot be changed after the submission of the Application Form for GATE 2017. However if it is a small mistake in name of parent’s name, contact your zonal centre via Email. they should do the needful. the details of this facility will be available after October 20, 2016. Keep tuned for details.
For a major change in name, mail the zonal centre with document proof and they will tell you what to do.
OR you can fill a new application form with a new Email ID.
Question: I don’t have any of the Photo IDs that are mentioned in the Application Form. Is there any alternative?
Answer: No. You have to enter details of any one of the Photo IDs specified. Its mandatory. Since you have time till October 4, 2016 to get one made, we would advise that you get it done. Your GATE 2017 application will be rejected otherwise.
Question: Can I apply for more than 1 GATE Papers?
Answer: No. Candidates can apply only for one paper in GATE 2017.
Question: I can’t find my college in the list. Is that ok?
Answer: That’s Ok. The authorities will contact you if they need any confirmation regarding the college. It’s fine as long as the college is recognized by AICTE.
Question: I downloaded my GATE Confirmation Page. I see my photograph/signature is not right. What should I do?
Answer: This may be due to a download problem. The correct one will be in the GATE 2017 system. If it doesn’t get sorted, contact your GATE Zonal Centre and they will help out. In case your photo or signature is not proper in their database, they shall contact you for corrections.
Question: I have selected a wrong paper, e.g., I have selected PH in my application and actually want to write PE. What should I do?
Answer: changes will not be allowed in the GATE 2017 Paper. Keep tuned for any new details regarding this.
Question: My Guardian’s name is appearing as parent’s name in the application? what should I do to correct it?
Answer: There is no need to worry. The name will be recorded correctly in the GATE 2017 database. It will be always Parent’s / Guardian’s name.
Question: The College address appears blank and wrong. Should I contact some from the GATE office?
Answer: There is no need. If the GATE authorities wish to contact your college, they shall email you asking for the details.
GATE 2017 Application Fee and Payment Related Doubts:
Question: I have paid the GATE 2017 application fees but it shows as payment not received. What should my next step be?
Answer: The paid money will be refunded back to you. Please pay again as the fees remain unpaid yet .
Question: I have paid more than once. Who should I contact to get the excess money back?
Answer: All excess payments will be refunded back. Please don’t worry.
GATE 2017 Certificate Related Doubts:
Question: I am an OBC candidate? What should I upload as category certificate?
Answer: OBC candidates dont need to upload any caste certificate. This is only for the SC/ST candidates.
Question: I passed out in 2016 but I don’t have my final year marks sheet or provisional certificate with me. What should I upload for eligibility?
Answer: Please upload the provisional certificate given above on this page after getting it signed by the Principal or HOD or the 6th Semester Marks Sheet.
GATE 2017 Application Status:
Question: How will I know if there are defects in my GATE 2017 Application Form?
Answer: The Application scrutiny will start from October 15, 2016. Candidates whose applications have defects in them will be contacted via SMS and Email regarding the defects. Candidates whose applications are successfully verified will be able to know the status after October 15, 2016.
Related Articles of GATE 2017