GATE 2017 Admit Card – Candidates may now download the Admit Card of GATE 2017. It has been released online by IIT Roorkee, today on January 04, 2017. Below on this page, the link to download the hall ticket has been provided. To download the GATE Admit Card 2017, candidates will have to submit their Enrollment Number/E-mail ID and Password. The last date for acquiring admit card is February 12, 2017. GATE 2017 will be held on February 4, 5, 11 and 12, 2017, and the candidates must carry GATE 2017 Hall Ticket to the exam centre. The candidates must not forget to carry Photo ID along with the admit card, on the exam day. Check more details about GATE 2017 Admit Card by scrolling below.
It is important for candidates to save a copy of the admit card for future reference. Candidates will need to furnish the admit card for GATE 2017 during the M.Tech admission and PSU Recruitment. The Admit Card of GATE 2017 will be valid if the photograph and signature of the candidate are legible and accurate. The printout of the GATE 2017 Admit Card should be in colour only.
How to Download GATE 2017 Admit Card: Click Here
Follow the steps below to download the GATE 2017 Admit Card.
- Log in through GOAPS and enter your GATE 2017 Enrollment ID or registered Email Address
- Then submit the Password and enter the captcha code in the provided space.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button. The link to download the GATE Admit Card will be available.
- Cick on the same and download the GATE 2017 Admit Card.
- Check carefully for any discrepancies, illegible signature or blurred photograph.
- In case there are mistakes, discrepancies or the photo is not clear or any other problem, contact your GATE 2017 Zonal Centre.
- If the details, photograph and signature are correct and clear, print two copies of the admit card in colour on an A4 size paper.
Forgot GATE 2017 Enrollment Id or Password?
While downloading the GATE 2017 Admit Card, if the candidate cannot recall their Enrollment Id and Password, they need now worry. The process to retain it is as mentioned below:
Step-1: First of all, Click Here to access the recovery portal.
Step-2: In the portal, following three option will be mentioned:
- Already have the Enrollment ID but forgotten the Password
- Already have an OTP
- Have forgotten the Enrollment ID
Step-3: To regain the GOAPS password, candidates will have to click on ‘Request for OTP’. Then an OTP will be sent to the candidates on the registered e-mail id and phone. With the help of it, the candidates will be able to reset the password. However, candidates who already have an OTP are required to click on ‘Already have an OTP’ and reset the password.
On the other hand, to retain the Enrollment ID the candidates will have to click on ‘Forgot Enrollment ID’ button. Then the portal will open and candidates will be allocated a new Enrollment ID.
Valid Photo IDs to be carried with the GATE 2017 Admit Card
Candidates must have filled details of a valid Photo ID while filling the GATE 2017 Application Form. It is mandatory to carry this Photo ID in original along with the GATE 2017 Admit Card to the exam hall. Photo copies are not allowed. The list of Photo IDs that are permissible are given below:
|For National Candidates||For International Candidates|
|Aadhar Card issued by UIDAI||Government Issued ID|
|College ID||Valid Employee ID|
|Employee Identification Card|
Candidates whose GATE applications have been accepted provisionally:
- IIT Roorkee has provisionally accepted some applications. Candidates who have been intimated about this via Email must carry the documents specified in the Email to the exam centre for verification. Check the details here
Details Mentioned in GATE Admit Card 2017:
The following information will be mentioned in the GATE 2017 Admit Card:
- The photograph and signature of the candidates will be displayed on the left hand side of the GATE Admit Card.
- The GATE Exam Session will also be mentioned on the right hand top corner of the Admit Card
Other details mentioned in the Admit Card for GATE 2017 are:
- Date of the GATE exam
- Time of the GATE exam
- Registration Number given to the candidate. This is unique to each candidate
- Name of the candidate
- GATE Paper the candidate is appearing for
- GATE 2017 Exam Centre (Address)
There will also be a bar code unique to each GATE 2017 Admit Card with the Registration No mentioned in it. Also the signature of the chairperson of the organising institute will be displayed. in this case it will the signature of the Chairperson of IIT Roorkee which is the organising institute for GATE 2017.
What to do if there are discrepancies in the admit card?
If any of the details in the admit card is incorrect, then the candidates should inform their respective zonal IIT. Candidates may check the Zonal IIT details from the table given at the end of the article.
GATE 2017 Admit Card Dates
Last Date to Download the Admit Card for GATE 2017 February 12, 2017
|1.||Start Date for Downloading GATE Admit Card||January 05, 2017|
|2.||Last date to avail the Admit Card||January 12, 2017|
|3.||GATE 2017 to be held on||February 04, 05, 11, and 12, 2017|
Exam Schedule for GATE 2017 is given below:
|Date||February 4||February 5||February 6||February 12|
|Time||9:00 am to 12:00 noon||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm||9:00 am to 12:00 noon||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm||9:00 am to 12:00 noon||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm||9:00 am to 12:00 noon||2:00 pm to 5:00 pm|
FAQs about GATE 2017 Admit Card
Q. Unable to Download GATE 2017 Admit Card?
A. (a) It can be a browser related. Hence candidates are advised to do the following:
- Empty cache memory of the browser
- Close the browser
- Re-open the browser and login again to download the GATE 2017 Admit Card.
(b) If candidates face some other issue and are unable to download the Admit card, they must contact their GATE 2017 Zonal Centre for the same and get the issue resolved.
Q. My Signature is blurred in the Admit Card. Is it ok to go to the exam hall like that?
A. No, it is not. in this senior, the candidates must contact the GATE Zonal Centre to rectify it as the Admit Card is an important document for verifying the candidate’s identity.
Q. If some details are wrong in my Admit Card or my photo is not proper, what should I do?
A. Please email your Zonal Centre for GATE 2017 with the details and send them the admit card copy via email after conversing with them. The details must be right as well as the photograph.
Q. Do I need to keep a copy of the GATE 2017 Admit Card? Why?
A.Yes, the GATE scores are valid for a period of three years. If you wish to take admissions later, you may require it. If you apply to a PSU which has announced recruitment through the GATE scores that you possess, then you will require the GATE Admit Card to apply. So please download and safe keep a soft copy for your convenience.
Q. Till what date will the GATE Admit Card be available?
A.The GATE Admit Card is available till the exam is completed. So candidates must download and safe keep the same.
Q. I forgot my Enrollment ID/Password. What should I do now?
A. In this situation, the candidates need not worry. In the GOAPS, near the submit button, “Forgot my Enrollment ID/Password?” button is also given. Candidates just need to click on it and then follow the instructions to regain the password or the id.
Contact the Zonal IITs, for Discrepancies in the GATE 2017 Admit Card, at the address or phone number below.
|Address||E-mail Id||Phone Number|
|Chairman, GATE Indian Institute of Science Bengaluru 560 email@example.com||080-23606761/23606762/ 23606763/23606764/23606765|
|Chairman, GATE Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400 firstname.lastname@example.org||080-23606761/23606762, 23606763/23606764/23606765|
|Chairman, GATE Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, HauzKhas, New Delhi 110 email@example.com||011-2659 1749/2659 6137|
|Chairman, GATE Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Guwahati 781 firstname.lastname@example.org||0361-258 2751|
|Chairman, GATE Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur 208 email@example.com||0512-259 7412|
|Chairman, GATE Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, Kharagpur 721 firstname.lastname@example.org||03222-282091|
|Chairman, GATE Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai 600 email@example.com||044-2257 8200|
|Chairman, GATE Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee 247 firstname.lastname@example.org||01332-284531|
Note: The international candidates are required to contact IIT Roorkee for any of issues with the GATE 2017 Admit Card.
GATE 2017 Exam Pattern
The candidates taking the examination must know the exam pattern in advanced. It is as below:
Sections – In all the Subject Paper, the question GATE 2017 Question Paper will be divided into two sections. The Section-I will be for General Aptitude (GA) and will be mandatory to attempt. Section-II will contain questions regarding the Subject Paper (SP).
Number of Questions – The GA section will contain 10 questions and SP section will have 65 questions. Hence, the total number of questions in the examination will be 100.
Type of Questions – The questions will either be of Multiple Choice Type or Numerical Type.
Marking Scheme – The Multiple Choice Questions will be of 1 and 2 marks. For 1 mark MQC, 1/3 mark will be deducted, whereas, for 2 marks question total 2/3 marks will be deducted. Marking incorrect numerical type question, no mark will be deducted.
GATE 2017 Preparation Tips:
IIT Roorkee has announced the GATE 2017 Mock Test for all the papers. Candidates can use the same to get a feel of the exam and understand the exam pattern better. Mock tests will not only increase candidate’s speed and accuracy but also help them in evaluating how well they are prepared for the actual GATE exam.
The other tools to use for success in GATE are the Sample Papers of GATE 2017. The sample papers can be used for intense practice by candidates first topic wise and then section wise.
Instructions for Exam Day
- Candidates must reach the exam centre, 60 minutes before the examination.
- At the exam centre, the Centre official will verify the credentials of each candidate. If any irregularity is detected, candidates will be debarred from taking the exam.
- The candidates must occupy their seats 35 minutes before the exam. The entry of candidates will be banned after 9:30 am (forenoon session) and 2:30 pm (afternoon session).
- They will be allowed to login and go through the instructions, 20 minutes before the start of the exam.
- Apart from GATE 2017 Admit Card and ID proof, the candidates will not be allowed to carry any other document or device.
- At the exam hall, a scribble pad will be provided by the authorities to the candidates. On it, the Name and Registration Number should be mentioned and it must hand it back to the invigilator once the exam is over.
Stay updated with http://engg.entrancecorner.com/
Related Articles of GATE 2017