Thapar University will offer admissions into undergraduate engineering courses for the session 2014-15 under the title of Thapar University 2014 B.Tech Admissions. Applicants who want to pursue B.E/B.Tech undergraduate courses offered by this university can fill the application form latest by 16th May 2014. The last date for applying was 2nd May 2014 but now it has been extended to 16th May 2014.
Application form of Thapar University is available in online mode. Interested candidates must fill the online application form from the tab provided here:
Thapar University 2014 B.Tech Admissions
The following article describes all the modalities of Thapar University 2014 including application form, eligibility criteria and other aspects.
Overview of Thapar University 2014 B.Tech Admissions:
- Name - Thapar University 2014 Admissions
- Also known as - Thapar 2014 Admissions
- Governing body - Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab, India
- Type – Undergraduate
- Level – State Level
- Specification – Engineering
Eligibility Criteria of Thapar University 2014 B.Tech Admissions:
Candidate must have passed Class XII exam with physics, math and any one of Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology and Computer Science with 60%.
- It is necessary to appear in JEE Main 2014.
- Only Indian citizens are allowed in Thapar University 2014 Admissions.
- Date of birth must be on or after 1 October 1989 (1984 for SC/ST/PwD).
- Direct admission will be given to two board toppers provided that they produce certificates for the claim.
Thapar University 2014 B.Tech Selection Process
Candidates will be selected on the basis of normalized score of JEE Main 2014 and Class XII marks in the ratio of 60:40 respectively. JEE Main 2014 Score will not be considered for candidates who are respective board toppers.
Thapar University 2014 B.Tech Application Form
Candidates can fill the Thapar University 2014 Application Form on the official website of the Thapar University. On submission of the form, candidates have to generate two printouts of the form. Afterwards, latest color photograph must be pasted on the Application Form of Thapar University 2014.
Candidates can pay the application fee online as well as offline. Online mode involves payment through credit/debit card and offline mode includes DD of Rs.1500 in favor of “Thapar University”, payable at Patiala.
Printout of the form must be sent to the following address:
In-charge Admission Cell, Thapar University, Patiala -147004
Thapar University 2014 B.Tech Reservation of Seats
- Punjab State Candidates – 50%
- Sports category – 2% to candidates having certificate in A, B, C gradation issued by Director of Sports, Punjab
- ST/SC : From Punjab – 25%, Outside Punjab (SC – 17.5%, ST – 7.5%)
- Backward Classes : 5%
- Physically Handicapped : From Punjab - 3%, Outside Punjab - 3%
- 10 seats will be reserved for beneficiaries of MHRD, GOI.
- 1 seat for Jammu Kashmir migrants.
- 1% seats for candidates who are children of Thapar University Employees.
Thapar University 2014 Cutoff
Thapar University 2014 Cutoff will be implemented to create a merit list of the candidates eligible for counselling, seat allotment. Based on the merit list ranking, reservation standards, availability of seats, candidates shall be allotted seats in various disciplines in the university. Candidates can check the previous year Thapar University Cutoff to get an idea of the closing and opening ranks for various engineering streams.
Thapar University 2014 Counselling
Thapar University 2014 Counselling will be held around mid week of July 2014. It will allow candidates to choose the options of colleges and courses according to their preferences. Candidates have to be present physically at the counselling venue i.e. university auditorium.
Candidates have to bring all the documents and certificates in originals and one set of photocopy to the venue. At the time of document verification, candidates have to bring a DD of Rs.1500 in favor of “Thapar University”, payable at Patiala to proceed with the Thapar University 2014 Counselling.
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts