GCET 2014 Application Form will be released on 17 March 2014
Goa CET 2014 Exam will offer candidates admissions into engineering undergraduate courses for session 2014-15. Also known as GCET 2014, the exam will be held on 7 and 8 May 2014 by Directorate of Technical Education, Goa. Candidates can find all the information related to Goa CET 2014, exam, application, eligibility, pattern below.
- Name of the exam – Goa CET 2014
- Also known as – GCET 2014
- Conducted by - Directorate of Technical Education, Goa
- Exam type – Undergraduate
- Exam level – State level
- Exam date – 7 and 8 May 2014
Goa CET 2014 Exam Pattern will describe all the important aspects of the actual exam and candidates must read it thoroughly to understand number of questions and marking scheme. Below is the GCET 2014 Exam Pattern.
- Duration of the examination will be 2 hours each for Math, Physics and Chemistry.
- Total number of questions – 75x3 i.e. 225 (Math – 75, Chemistry – 75, Physics – 75).
- Questions will be composed from class XI, XII syllabus from PCM stream.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- No negative marking persists for incorrect answers.
Goa CET 2014 Schedule
Date & Day
10 am to 12 noon
2 pm to 4 pm
10 am to 12 noon
Before applying for admissions, candidates must read the GCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria to know if they are valid to take the exam or not. Below are the terms and conditions mentioning eligibility of a candidate.
- Only Indian citizens can apply for admissions in GCET 2014.
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit to apply.
- Candidate must have qualified class XII (or equivalent examination recognized by state of central education board).
- Compulsory subjects include Physics and Math and optional subject include any one from Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology (Chemistry for engineering course).
- Minimum acceptable aggregate marks percentage in qualifying examination is 45% (40% for SC, ST and OBC).
Diploma from a state or central recognized institute of duration three years with minimum percentage of 50%.
International Baccalaureate Diploma with 50% minimum aggregate with Mathematics as compulsory subject.
Goa CET 2014 Application Form
The process of Goa CET 2014 Application Form involves two steps. Candidates have to follow both of the steps to complete the procedure successfully. Goa CET 2014 Application Form will be released on 17 March 2014. Description of the method is given as follows:
a) CET 2014 Application Form A
Send a written letter, demand draft of Rs.800 in favor of “Director of Technical Education, Goa” to the following address:
Director, Directorate of Technical Education, Alto- Porvorim, Goa, 403521
- Download the Goa CET 2014 Application Form A from official website.
- Fill the form and submit to the designated center with a demand draft of Rs.800
b) GCET 2014 Application Form B
- Deposit the GCET 2014 Application Form B at DTE or other notified locations.
- Attach separate form for each course applied.
- Candidates have to affix one photo on the form and another to the acknowledgement slip.
- On submitting the form, candidates will be given acknowledgement slip which is to be preserved.
Candidates have to affix a set of documents with the application forms – Click Here to view the list of these documents
Goa CET 2014 Admit Card will be issued to candidates in person only. There shall be no facility to download the admit card from the official website. Also, DTE will not send the admit card to anybody through courier as well. While coming to the examination hall, candidates are required to bring the admit card along with a valid photo ID proof.
Without GCET 2014 Admit Card, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall. Candidates must preserve the admit card till the admission process is over. Admit card will mention all the details about candidate and the exam. No mutilation or alteration must be done in any case.
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts