IIST 2014 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology to provide admissions to candidates into various engineering courses for the session 2014-15. IIST 2014 Admissions will be made on the basis of JEE Advanced 2014 for which candidates have to attempt the qualify in top 1.5 lakh candidates from JEE Main 2014.
- Name: IIST 2014
- Expanded as: Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology 2014
- Conducting body: IIST, Thiruvananthapuram
- Exam type: Undergraduate
- Exam level: National
- Based on: JEE Advanced 2014
- Only Indian nationals are eligible for admission.
- General and OBC candidates must be born on or after 1 October 1989 (1984 for SC, ST, PwD).
- Candidate must qualify in top 1.5 lakh candidates from JEE Main 2014 to be eligible for JEE Advanced 2014.
- IIST 2014 Admissions would be based on JEE Advanced 2014. The minimum percentage of marks required in JEE Advanced 2014 to be eligible are:
SC, ST and PwD - 10% marks aggregate and 2.5% individually in Physics, Chemistry and Math.
General - 20% marks aggregate and 5% individually in Physics, Chemistry and Math.
NCL-OBC - 18% marks aggregate and 4.5% individually in Physics, Chemistry and Math.
- Minimum marks aggregate in class XII (or equivalent) is 70% from PCM stream (60% for ST, SC and PwD).
There are total 156 seats available for admission in IIST. Distribution of these seats are as follows:
- B.Tech. (Aerospace Engineering): 60 seats
- B.Tech. (Avionics): 60 seats
- B.Tech. (Physical Sciences): 36 seats
Reservation will be provided to the following categories in IIST 2014 as per government notifications. Candidates can claim reservation by producing relevant certificates and documents at the time of counselling.
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Castes (OBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
To apply for IIST 2014 Admissions, candidates have to fill the IIST 2014 Application Form. There are two parts to fill the application form:
- Online Registration and detail filling
- Sending fee challan to the institute
Online Registration and Detail filling
- Open the official site: www.iist.ac.in and browse to registration link.
- Fill all the details correctly on the registration page.
- Choose the courses according to priority.
- Mark the choices of branches of bank for remitting the challan fee.
- Preserve the unique registration number issued on successful registration.
- Keep hold of all the login details and maintain secrecy.
- Print the challan on A4 paper and remit the fee at bank branch.
Sending Fee Challan
- Deposit the challan at the bank branch and get stamp on institute’s copy.
- Send the copy to the following address via speed post mentioning registration number.
Chairman, ISAT-2014, Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Valiamala P.O., Thiruvananthapuram-695547, Kerala IND
- Update the payment details on the application form after logging in the account.
A rank list will be issued for the candidates after declaration of JEE Main 2014 AIR by the CBSE. The AIR will be declared on JEE Main 2014 score and Class XII marks in 60:40 ratio. IIST 2014 will consider those candidates who score rank/marks equal or above to the minimum benchmark known as cutoff.
Counselling will enable candidates to mark choices of courses and thereby, seats would be allotted to them based on their rank and choices filled. Availability of seats would also be considered for judicially allotting seats. Those candidates who want to opt for DOS and ISRO have to sign a non-judicial paper surety bond to serve the institute after completion of their course.
At the counselling, candidates have to bring a physical fitness certificate duly signed by a medical practitioner in the proper format. Only fit candidates will be allowed to participate in the IIST 2014 Counselling. It is also required to bring all the relevant certificates and documents in originals to the counselling venue.
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts