IIST 2014 will be directed by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology to give admissions to candidates into different courses for the session 2014-15. Result of JEE Advanced 2014 will be taken as the basis for IIST 2014 Admissions, i.e., the applicants need to the qualify and get in top 1.5 lakh applicants from JEE Main 2014.
Name: IIST 2014 or Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology 2014
Directing body: IIST, Thiruvananthapuram
Exam sort: Undergraduate
Exam level: National
IIST 2014 Eligibility Criteria:
- Only Indian nationals are qualified for admission.
- General and OBC applicants must born on or after 1 October 1989.
- Candidates must qualify in main 1.5 lakh competitors from JEE Main 2014 to be qualified for JEE Advanced 2014.
IIST 2014 Admissions would be focused around JEE Advanced 2014. The minimum percentage marks rate of imprints needed in JEE Advanced 2014 to be qualified are:
- SC, ST and Pwd - 10% in total and 2.5% separately in Physics, Chemistry and Math.
- General - 20% overall and 5% in Physics, Chemistry and Math.
- NCL-OBC - 18% aggregate and 4.5% exclusively in Physics, Chemistry and Math.
- Minimum aggregate in class XII (or proportional) is 70% from PCM stream (60% for ST, SC and Pwd).
IIST 2014 Reservation of Seats:
There are aggregate 156 seats accessible for admission in IIST. Distributions of the seat will be as follows:
- B.tech. (Aviation design): 60 seats
- B.tech. (Flying): 60 seats
- B.tech. (Physical Sciences): 36 seats
Reservation will be given to the below mentioned classes in IIST 2014 according to government rules. Those who want to claim the benefits must have their category certificate in originals.
- Scheduled Castes (SC)
- Scheduled Tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Class (OBC) fitting in with Non-Creamy Layer (NCL)
IIST 2014 Application Form:
To request IIST 2014 Admissions, applicants need to fill the IIST 2014 Application Form. There are two steps to fill the application form:
- Online Registration and filling details
- Sending fee challan to institution
IIST 2014 Cutoff:
A list will be issued for the candidates after declaration of JEE Main 2014 AIR by the CBSE. The AIR will be released on JEE Main 2014 score and Class XII marks in 60:40 ratio. Candidates scoring marks more than or atleast equal to the cutoff marks will only be considered for admissions.
IIST 2014 Counselling:
Counselling will help the candidates to mark their options for the preferred courses and colleges as the seats allotted to them will depend on the their rank and the choices filled by them. The candidates who want to apply for DOS and ISRO must have to sign a surety bond to serve the college after the completion of their course.
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts