BITSAT 2014 Exam Center Allotment NOW AVAILABLE!
The BITSAT 2014 entrance exam will be conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani in online mode. The entrance exam will begin from 14 May 2014 to 1 June 2014. The entrance exam of BITSAT is conducted for the applicant interested in taking admission in the BITS college campus present in Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa for pursuing engineering at under graduate level. The applicants filling the application form after meeting the eligibility criteria will be allowed to appear for the entrance exam on either of dates scheduled for BITSAT 2014 entrance exam. The question paper will have questions from Physics, Math and Chemistry subjects and will have multiple choice based questions. In order to get admission in various campus of the college, the applicants are required to required to appear for the entrance exam and score cutoff marks.
The applicants will be made seat allotment in various campuses present in Goa, Hyderabad and Pilani through the scores obtained by the candidate in BITSAT 2014 entrance exam. The applicants appearing for the exam have an option of choosing a dual degree course along with the complete two degrees, UG and PG level in five years span if they choose B.E. (Hons.) and M.Sc. (Hons.) as a combination offered by the official authority of institute.
Following courses are offered at various campuses of BITSAT 2014:
BITS Pilani Campus will offer the following courses:
Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing
BITS Goa Campus will offer the following courses:
Chemical, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Instrumentation, Mechanical
BITS Hyderabad Campus will offer the following courses:
Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Instrumentation, Mechanical, Manufacturing
BITSAT 2014 Exam Pattern
Candidate must read the exam pattern to get familiarized with the examination. It describes various aspects and overall architecture of the actual exam. By reading the exam pattern, candidates can come to know exam duration, number of questions etc. It will also help them to create a strategy to score maximum marks in well planned attempt. BITSAT 2014 Exam Pattern is as follows:
- The BITSAT 2014 entrance exam will be conducted in online mode by the official authority.
- Candidate can choose exam day, center as per preference and convenience.
- The exam will be conducted for a span of three hours.
- The question paper of the exam will be divided in four sections: Sec 1: Physics, Sec 2: Chemistry, Sec 3: English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning and Sec 4: Mathematics.
- There shall be a total of 150 multiple choice questions (Physics 40, Chemistry 40, English 15, Logical Reasoning 10, Math 45).
- For correct answer, 3 marks will be given and for incorrect answer, for incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted from the candidates total score.
- Candidates will have the freedom to surf and check their answers.
- Extra 12 questions would be available to good students who complete the BITSAT 2014 Exam before 180 minutes.
- Candidates cannot alter or modify previous answers if they choose to solve extra 12 questions.
BITSAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for BITSAT 2014, candidates must read the eligibility criteria completely to read all the terms mentioned therein. A candidate would be considered valid for examination if all the terms are fully satisfied. Given here is the BITSAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidate must have cleared Class XII (or its equivalent examination) from a state or central recognized education board with Physics, Math and Chemistry.
- Minimum aggregate of marks in Class XII in PCM stream is 75% and 60% each in Physics, Math and Chemistry.
- Candidates with qualifying examination passing year as 2012 or earlier are ineligible.
- Candidates presently studying in any of the three campus are ineligible for BITSAT 2014.
- Admissions would be based on merit score obtained in BITSAT 2014 and Class XII.
- Direct admission would be given to all the toppers of their respective boards regardless of the eligibility criteria.
To apply for BITSAT 2014, candidates have to fill the BITSAT 2014 Application Form online on the official website of BITS.
For detailed guide and step by step process of filling BITSAT 2014 Application Form - Click Here
They have to fill the form and remit the application fee of Rs.1900 (Rs.1400 for female) via e-challan, net-banking or credit card. On filling the application form, they are required to generate printout for future reference. The fee can be paid in online mode as well as offline mode. Candidate can chose the mode according to convenience.
If Dubai is opted as exam center, candidates are required to pay USD $50 (Rs.3000) along with the BITSAT 2014 Application Form. The fee is same for both genders.
Form submission and fee payment must be made before 15 February 2014. An additional form for admission is also to be filled by candidates in which the options of courses would be marked. The form must be sent to the given address before 30 June 2014:
BITSAT 2014, Admissions Officer, BITS Pilani 333 031 Rajasthan
BITSAT 2014 Hall Ticket would be available to those candidates who have completed the application submission and remitted fee. It can be downloaded from the official website from around mid week of April 2014. Candidates have to enter application number to download the BITSAT 2014 Admit Card.
It is necessary to bring the printout of admit card to the examination hall to get access. At the exam hall, candidate’s photograph and finger prints would be taken for verification. Admit card must be preserved and kept safe till the admission process is over since it’s an important identification proof. No alteration or modification must be done on the BITSAT 2014 Hall Ticket.
Candidates can view the result of BITSAT 2014 on its official website to see if they are selected for further admission process or not. Result would show them correct and incorrect responses given by them in the examination. They shall see individual score in the result as well and proceed to download the exam score card.
A merit list of all the selected candidates would be released after the examination, which would be based on the marks obtained by the candidates. A tie breaking mechanism would be applied if two or more candidates score equal marks in the BITSAT 2014 Result. Priority would be decided upon the marks in Math, Physics, Chemistry and then Class XII PCM score, in that order. BITSAT 2014 Result would thus eventually form the basis for admissions and seat allotment.
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts