Assam CEE 2014 Entrance Exam would be conducted by Dibrugarh University to admit candidates in the professional undergraduate engineering and medical degree programs for the session 2014-15. Candidates seeking admissions in the B.Tech. course have to fill the application form to apply for the entrance exam. They can fill the form online on the official website: http://www.dibru.ac.in/.
The most likely dates to fill the Assam CEE 2014 Application Form would be around first week to last week of April 2014. Before filling the form, candidates are suggested that they check the eligibility criteria and read all the clauses mentioned. It’d tell them if they are valid enough to take the exam or not. On ensuring the eligibility, candidates can proceed to fill the form as per instructions to reduce the chances of any error that might creep in.
Assam CEE 2014 Eligibility Criteria
It defines all the clauses and terms that must be read before applying for the exam. These conditions decide if a candidate is eligible to attempt the exam or not.
- It is a must that Candidate is a permanent resident of Assam and an Indian Citizen as well.
- Candidate must have passed the QE (without grace marks) in the subject combo of Math, Chemistry, Physics and English.
- In the qualifying exam, candidate must have secured a minimum aggregate of 50% (45% for SC,ST) in above mentioned subject combo as per Assam CEE Eligibility Criteria 2014.
- Candidate from general category should be less than 21 years (22 for B.Sc. passed candidates) and more than 17 years by 1/8/2014.
- Upper age limit for SC and ST candidates is relaxed by 3 years.
Assam CEE 2014 Exam Pattern
Before attempting the exam, candidates must read the exam pattern thoroughly to understand the features of the exam. They will come to know various important things like exam duration, marking scheme, marks distribution etc. Exam pattern will make them familiar to the actual exam and reduce the nervousness.
Morning Session (10.30 am to 12.30 pm)
Evening Session (2 pm to 4 pm)
- Candidates who have filed the form for both MBBS/BDS and Engineering Courses are required to attempt all the four papers as per Assam CEE 2014 Exam Pattern.
- The duration of exam will be two hours and each paper will have 100 multiple choice questions of one mark each.
- No marks will be deducted/credited if the candidate marks multiple options for a single question.
- A candidate cannot change the answer once its marked.
- Paper will be based on NCERT Syllabus as prescribed by Assam Higher Secondary Education Council.
Assam CEE 2014 Reservation of Seats
Some percentile of seats will be kept reserved for the candidates belonging to the special category. These seats can be claimed by candidates on producing appropriate relevant documents/certificates in originals at the time of counselling.
OBC (including MOBC)
Scheduled Tribes (Plains)
Scheduled Tribes (Hills)
Tea Garden Labor Community (TGLC)
Ex – tea garden labor community (Ex TGC)
Reservation of Seats in Assam CEE 2014 for Grand Children and Children (maternal and paternal) of Freedom Fighters is as follows: AEC: 2 Seats, JEC: 2 Seats, JIST, Jorhat: 1 Seat. (specific branch).
From the above mentioned seats, ONE seat will be reserved for OBC/ST/SC/MOBC candidates. Candidates from the NCC, Moran/Motak and Sportsman category will have one Seat in each college. Some seats will be kept reserved in Assam CEE 2014 for nominees of Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura and Mizoram.
Assam CEE 2014Application Form
Candidates can fill the application form online to apply for the entrance exam. Candidate have to fill course options in the form as per their choice of course. Candidates who wish to apply for Medical Courses have to fill Course 1 while for Engineering, option Course 2 must be chosen. Candidates applying in both of the courses must fill course 3 in the form. After filling the form, candidates have to remit the form fee. The form fee details are as follows:
MBBS/BDS only: Rs.900, Engineering: Rs.900, Both Medical and Engineering: Rs.1100
Candidates can remit this form fee of Assam CEE 2014 via SBI Bank Challan whose format can be downloaded from official website of exam. It must be noted that no fee will be accepted in cash, cheque or draft.
On filling the form, candidates have to generate its printout and send it till around first week of May 2014 to the following address:
Member Secretary, Cell, CEE – 2014, Dibrugarh University, Assam, IND
The following points must be mentioned on the envelope of form of Assam CEE 2014:
- Course Option
- Center of Exam
- Application Number
- Bank Challan’s Journal Number
Assam CEE 2014 Important Dates
- Form deadlines: First week to last week of April 2014
- Last date to receive filled forms: First week of May 2014
- Online hosting of Admit Card Release: Second week of May 2014
- Date of Exam: Mid week of May 2014
- Declaration of Result: second week of June 2014
Other Useful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts