The admit card of the respective exam will be made available before 10 to 15 days from the actual date of examination.
AMU 2014 Engineering Entrance
The Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) one of India’s oldest and premier university will be conducting the AMU 2014 Engineering Entrance exam for the candidates aspiring to get admission in various undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses. Candidates interested in giving the AMU 2014 Entrance Exam should check the eligibility criteria carefully and see if he/she is up to the mark to give the exam. Eligible candidates from all parts of India can apply and even foreign candidates as well.
Exam Pattern AMU 2014
- The AMU 2014 Engineering Entrance Exam will be held on 18 May 2014.
- There will have total of 150 Questions and 3 Hours to complete it.
- Questions will be of multiple choices, objective type in which one correct answer out of the given option has to be selected and every correct answer is credited with 1 mark.
- There is a negative marking where every wrong answer gets 0.25 mark deducted which can also be calculated as ¼ deduction.
Eligibility Criteria of AMU 2014
The eligibility criteria of the AMU 2014 Engineering Entrance Exam differ according to the course a candidate is opting for.
Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)
- Minimum Aggregate of 50% in Class XII or other qualifying exams recognized by the State with subjects in Mathematics, English, Chemistry and Physics.
- Candidate must have a Diploma in Engineering with minimum aggregate of 50% from AMU.
Bachelor of Engineering (B.E Evening College)
- Candidate must have cleared a Diploma in Engineering with minimum aggregate of 50% recognized by the AMU to be eligible.
Application form AMU 2014
To apply candidates have to visit the official site AMU 2014 Engineering Entrance Exam and fill up the application form carefully as advised so that there will be no mistake in the information filled and entered in the form. Candidates should be aware that filling mistake in the form could lead to problems in the future course of admission. After entering all the detail to be entered candidates have to save the copy of the form they filled which will also have to be saved together automatically as .pdf file in their account as well as the candidates. To view the information entered candidates can check the save information on the website by login in.
To fill the AMU 2014 Application Form - Click Here
The Candidate can pay fee amount of Rs.500 through a demand draft in favor of “Finance Office, AMU, Aligarh” payable at Aligarh or by paying in cash in the Finance office and will get a receipt. Then, this has to be send with the application form be it the demand draft or cash receipt to the AMU 2014 address.
Last date to fill the application form is 15 March 2014.
Seat Reservations AMU 2014
There are 50% reservations of seat for Muslim candidates in AMU 2014 Entrance Exam and there is no reservation in any of the courses for any of the categories.
Result AMU 2014
The result of AMU 2014 Engineering Entrance Exam will be updated and declared around the month of July 2014. Candidates will have to visit the official website and enter their roll number, which will be located in the appropriate link. The website will show the result after entering the roll number with merit list and candidates will be able to even see their ranks. The ranks will be displayed in the increasing order according to the merit scores.
Counseling AMU 2014
The counseling of candidates for AMU 2014 Engineering Entrance Exam will start around the second week of July 2014. Candidates in the merit list will be called in the order of rank they have achieved and will have to come to the counseling session. The information regarding counseling will be shown on http://www.amu.ac.in
Candidates ought to bring the following documents
- Counseling letter and 1 duplicate copy of it
- Admit Card/Hall ticket of AMU 2014 and 1 duplicate copy of it.
- Demand draft for AMU 2014 counseling fee as directed.
- Original documents of Class X and Class XII with 2 sets of duplicate
- Rank Card obtain after the result
- Certificate of Medical fitness documents
- Passport size photographs
Important Dates of AMU 2014
Last date to fill the form: 15 March 2014
Date of Exam: 18 May April 2014
Last date of submission of qualifying result: Last week of September 2014
Other Important Links: