The applicants are advised to go through the ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria before applying for the ISAT 2014. The applicants who fulfill all the conditions specified in ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria will be ELIGIBLE and thus, can take the exam.
ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria comprises the following Clauses which are explained side by side:
- Only the applicants belonging to the country of INDIA are Eligible to take ISAT 2014.
- Date of Birth:
- OBC and General category applicants should be born ON or AFTER first week of October, 1989 and the applicants belonging to SC and ST category should be born ON or AFTER the first week of October, 1984 to be eligible as per ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- The Date of Birth Eligibility Criteria will be compared against the date mentioned in the First Board/High School/ its equivalent exam.
- However, if the certificate doesn’t mention the date of birth, a PROOF issued by Competent Authority has to be submitted by the applicant at the time of counselling to be Eligible as per ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- Qualifying Exam:
- The Qualifying Exam ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria defines the aggregate percentage a applicant should have in order to be eligible for ISAT 2014.
- The Aggregate Percentage as per ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria for the General and OBC applicants is at least 70% in Chemistry, mathematics and Physics (PCM) and 60% for the SC/ST/PD applicants in PCM in Qualifying Exam.
- To be ELIGIBLE as per ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria the applicants should have made the first attempt at the Qualifying Exam in 2013 or 2014.
- Only the applicants who have scored the Requisite Percentage in the Qualifying Exam in 2013 or 2014 will be eligible. However, if the applicants have appeared for the QE in 2014, they should submit the proof of passing the exam with the required percentage to be eligible for ISAT 2014 under ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- The last date of submission of this PROOF will be around the first week of July, 2014.
- A list has been given in the Information Brochure of ISAT 2014 which has the names of various Qualifying Exams which will be considered for the ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- Minimum Marks in Class X or Equivalent Examination:
- According to the ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria, the applicants of General and OBC categories must have the aggregate percentage of 70% and the ST/SC/PD applicants must have a percentage of 60%.
The decision of THE DIRECTOR, IIST will be final in regard to ISAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria in every condition.
Other Useful Links:
ISAT 2014 Online Registration
Discuss Your Doubts