IPU CET 2014 Entrance Exam will be organized by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi for admissions in professional degree courses in engineering. Candidates have to qualify the exam to get eligible for allotment of seat in various colleges affiliated to the university. Exam dates is 17-18May 2014.
IPU CET 2014 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must read the eligibility criteria before applying for the exam. The eligibility criteria will decide if a candidate is valid to attempt the exam or not. Eligibility criteria is given here to candidates to refer:
- Candidates must be passed in Class XII (or other equivalent exam) with a minimum percentile of 55% in PCM stream.
- Candidates must pass in all the subjects along with English subject separately as per IPU CET 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- Age must not be more than 21 years by around first week of October 2014.
- Candidates who are from reserved category shall have a relaxation of 5% marks whether any category has reservation of seats or not.
IPU CET 2014 Exam Pattern
- Exam would be of 2:30 hours duration and language medium of question paper will be English.
- Exam will be composed for questions from 3 sections viz. Math, Physics & Chemistry.
- Number of questions in the exam will be 150 objective, multiple choice type questions in IPU CET 2014 Exam Pattern.
- Total marks in the exam will be 600.
- Every correct answer question will get a credit of 4 marks and every incorrect will get -1 (negative) credit.
IPU CET 2014 Application Form
Candidates can buy the application form and admission brochure from the designated branches of Indian Bank for Rs.1000 from around mid week of January 2014. This form fee is non-refundable. Form can be acquired by post as well for which candidates have to send a request for form to the following address:
Office of Joint Registrar (Academic), Administrative Block, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector – 16C, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110075.
On getting the form, candidates must fill the IPU CET 2014 Application Form with complete information and send it to the following address before by 10 April 2014:
Controller of Examinations, Administrative Block, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Sector – 16 C, Dwarka, New Delhi – 110078.
Forms can be filled online as well by logging the official website. Candidates must have a scanned copy of their photo and signature of the prescribed size and Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking Facility for Online fee payment.
IPU CET 2014 Reservation of Seats
There will be some seats reserved in IGIT, Government and Self Financing Colleges and other institutions affiliated with the University except minority colleges. Information of these seats and the norms that govern the claim to these seats will be covered in Reservation of Seats for IPU CET 2014. Reservation of Seats for IPU CET 2014 will have the following distribution:
For IGIT, Government Institutions and University Schools
- 85% seats reserved for the students of Delhi Region.
- 15% seats to be allotted to candidates from regions outside Delhi.
IPU CET 2014 Reservation of SeatsFor Institutions Located In NCR (Outside Delhi)
On all India basis, candidates will be granted admissions and the reservation for the same is as follows:
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- Defense: 5%
- Physically Handicapped: 3%
For Private Colleges in Delhi Region
85% seats will be reserved for Delhi Students except management seats which will have the following reservation criteria:
- SC: 17%
- ST: 1%
- Defense category: 5%
- Physically Handicapped: 3%
- 15% seats except the management quota will be filled by the Outside Delhi Students
IPU CET 2014 Admit Card
On successful application submission, candidates would be made available admit card or hall ticket. It’s an important identification proof which must be brought by the candidates to the exam venue. Without IPU CET 2014 Admit Card, no candidate would be allowed entry in the exam hall. It must be preserved as well till the admission process gets over. Candidates can acquire admit card from the official website of IP University.
IPU CET 2014 Result
Result of IPU CET 2014 will be declared on 27 May 2014 by the University on its official site. The ranking procedure, criteria of ranking, annual intake, cutoff and other result related information about the IPU CET 2014 Entrance Exam will be released on the website only. Hence, candidates must remain in touch of website regularly.
Important Dates of IPU CET 2014
- Form Submission Deadline: 10 April 2014
- Application Form Status from: mid week of April 2014
- Result: 27 May2014
Other Useful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts