CUSAT 2014Entrance Exam would be conducted by the Cochin University of Science and Technology for admissions into undergraduate engineering professional degree programs. Candidates have to qualify the exam with better scores to be eligible for the merit list inclusion. Process of online application process will be held between mid week of January to mid week of February 2014. University will hold the CUSAT 2014Entrance Exam for both types of candidates, Indian nationals as well as international candidates. Foreign nationals are exempted from attempting the exam but its mandatory that they register themselves and fill the form.
CUSAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must have passed in the subject combination of Math, Chemistry and Physics in the class XII examination (Higher secondary level) from the state of Kerala.
- If they have taken any other equivalent exam to class XII, they are eligible as well for the entrance exam as per CUSAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- It is necessary that candidate obtains a minimum of 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Math and 50% in the subject of Mathematics distinctly in the qualifying exam (Class XII or equivalent).
- For the SEBC candidates of Kerala state, as per CUSAT 2014 Eligibility Criteria, minimum aggregate requirement is lowered to 45% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
CUSAT 2014 Application Form
To register for the entrance exam and admission process, candidates have to register themselves at the official website of the CUSAT:www.cusat.nic.in. Candidates have to fill the form as per given instructions to reduce the chances of errors and further, rejection at the reception of the form at university desk. Candidates belonging to the foreign national category have to complete the CUSAT 2014 Application Form online similarly and make the payment as specified in the admission brochure (Demand Draft/Pay Order etc.)
Draft must be drawn in favor of “Registrar, CUSAT”. On completing the registration, candidates have to generate a printout of the filled form/confirmation page and send it along with the fee and documents to the following address. Candidates must keep sufficient number of copies of page, draft and challan for future references.
The Director, IRAA, CUSAT, Kochi – 682022, Kerala, India
Its suggested that candidates do not send any original document/certificate to the office unless specified. Any loss of documents/certificates will not be the board’s responsibility. Candidates can check the delivery status of their CUSAT 2014 Application Form on the application tracker portal of official website.
Within 10 days of the form submission, candidates can check if their form has successfully received or not. If the status page displays any sort of warning/message regarding corrective action, candidate must immediately fulfill it order to complete the application submission process within the specified time.
CUSAT 2014 Admit Card
Admit card for the exam will be hosted on the official exam website (www.cusat.nic.in) for candidates to download. It can be obtained from the site around last week of April 2014. To gain entry in the exam hall and attempt the exam, candidates must bring along admit card with a valid id proof. Candidates would not be sent CUSAT 2014 Admit Card individually via post or any other means. In case, any candidate is unable to download the admit card till around 1st week of May 2014, he/she must contact the IRAA Unit immediately to resolve the issue. For future use and references, its suggested that the admit card is preserved and not mutilated/soiled/spoiled/altered in any way.
CUSAT 2014 Reservation of Seats
- For the residents of state of Kerala, 50% seats will be kept reserved. Depending upon the exam score, these candidates may be awarded free seats as well.
- For the candidates with domicile of other state than Kerala, 40% seats will be reserved except in 3 branches.
- 10% seats shall be reserved in Polymer, ICE and Naval Courses.
CUSAT 2014 Counselling
Candidates have to be physically present at the counselling venue as per the schedule. Counselling schedule will be made available on the official website of CUSAT. Candidates are thus advised to check the site for any sort of latest updates and notifications. CUSAT 2014 Counselling letters won’t be sent individually to any candidate via post, courier etc by the exam board.
Seat allotment is a subject matter of presence of candidate at the time of his/her turn call, availability of seats after individual allotment, options filled by candidates and resultant vacancies from top order colleges due to withdrawal, non-reporting etc. Thus, every candidate must ensure that he/she reaches the venue in time to avoid skipping the CUSAT 2014 Counselling turn call. Candidates would be allotted seats primarily on the basis of their exam score. In the schedule, days would be set according to the rank range.
CUSAT 2014 Important dates (Tentative)
- Online Registration: mid week of January to mid week of February 2014
- Admit Card downloading from website: Mid week of April to mid week of May 2014
- Exam Date: Mid week of May 2014
- Result Declaration: Last week of May 2014
Other Useful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts