The official authority of Cochin University of Science & Technology conducts CUSAT entrance exam once every year for the applicants interested and eligible to pursue engineering at undergraduate level in the CUSAT. The CUSAT 2014 entrance exam is an engineering exam conducted for the admissions in the first year integrated degree programs. The applicants must make sure they fill the application form by meeting the set eligibility criteria in order to appear for the entrance exam of CUSAT 2014. The entrance exam will be conducted on 27 April 2014.
- Name – CUSAT 2014, CUSAT CAT 2014
- Also known as – Cochin University 2014 Exam, CUSAT Common Admission Test 2014
- Conducted by - Cochin University of Science and Technology
- Exam type – Undergrad
- Exam level – All India Level
- Exam mode – Offline/Pen and Paper
- Exam date – 27 April 2014
- There shall be 250 questions in the exam. (125 – Mathematics, Physics – 75, Chemistry – 25)
- Type of questions is Multiple choice questions (MCQ).
- Exam would be based on syllabus of Class XI and XII.
- The exam would be composed from Physics, Math, Chemistry.
- Duration of the exam is 3 hours.
- Score in the exam will be calculated with S= 3R - 1W (R is right answers, W is wrong answers).
- The applicants qualifying the class XII qualifying exam from Kerala or any state from a recognized state or central university.
- Minimum acceptable percentage in the qualifying exam is as follows with Physics, Math, Chemistry subject combination –
- 50% aggregate and 50% in Math for B.Tech. (Civil, CSE, Electronics, Electrical, IT, Mechanical, Safety and Fire, Polymer Science)
- 60% aggregate and 55% in Math for B.Tech. (Instrumentation)
- 60% aggregate and 50% in Math for B.Tech. (Marine Engg.)
- 50% aggregate for B.Tech. (Naval Architecture and Ship Building)
- Diploma candidates cannot apply for B.Tech. (Marine Engg.)
- It is necessary to score 50% in English at class X or XII for B.Tech. (Marine Engg.)
- Maximum age limit for B.Tech. (Marine Engg.) is 25 years.
CUSAT 2014 Selection Process
Candidates shall be selected for admission based on the marks obtained in CUSAT CAT 2014. Based on the marks, candidates will be selected for merit list where they shall be arranged in increasing order of resultant ranks.
Candidates can fill the CUSAT 2014 Application Form online on the official website of Cochin University from 20 January 2014 onwards. The form must be filled and fees must be paid to complete the CUSAT 2014 Online Application process.
Click HERE to fill the Application Form of CUSAT 2014.
CUSAT 2014 Application Form Fees
- General Category Candidates - Rs.1000
- SC/ST Category Candidates - Rs.500
- NRI Quota Candidates - Rs.6000
- International Candidates - US$100
To choose Dubai as exam center, candidates are required to pay additionally Rs.10000. Fees can be paid by bank challan or online payment. Candidates can download the challan from the website itself. It must be deposited within two days of registration at the nearest branch of the bank chosen at the time of filling CUSAT 2014 Application Form.
Candidates have to provide all the basic information in the CUSAT 2014 Online Application Form and upload scanned image of photograph and thumb impression as well. On submission of the application form, candidates shall be assigned a unique application number which is to be preserved till the admission process ends. Also, it is necessary to generate copies of the CUSAT 2014 Application Form for future use.
Once the application form is duly received and accepted by the university, candidates will be able to generate copy of the confirmation page from the website itself. Candidates don’t need to send any documents or certificates to the university unless specified. CUSAT 2014 Application Form is totally an online process. There are no physical forms available.
The CUSAT 2014 Admit Card will be hosted on the official website from 10 April 2014 till 27 April 2014. No candidate will be sent CUSAT 2014 Admit Card via post. To download the admit card, candidates have to enter application number and some other basic details.
While coming to the exam, it is necessary to bring admit card to the hall else no entry will be given. Admit Card of CUSAT 2014 is an important document which must be preserved till the admission process ends.
CUSAT 2014 Result shall be posted on the official website. To view the result, candidates have to mention application number, exam roll number correctly. In the result, they shall be able to view their exam performance in terms of marks obtained. Result shall be declared in the last week of May 2014.
Based on the CUSAT 2014 Result, a merit list will be created. In the list, candidates will be arranged in the increasing order of ranks. These ranks will be counted while counselling and seat allotment.
CUSAT 2014 Counselling will enable candidates to mark options of colleges and courses for seat allotment. Every candidate has to be physically present at the counselling venue for allotment. No candidate will be sent CUSAT 2014 Counselling letters individually.
Seats shall be allotted on the basis of availability of seats, ranks of the candidate and reservation norms applied. Schedule of CUSAT 2014 Counselling will be made available on the official website soon. Candidates must check the website for any latest update.
CUSAT 2014 Important Dates
- Online Registration starts: 20 January 2014
- Admit Card downloading from website: 10 April 2014 - 27 April 2014
- Exam Date: 27 April 2014
- Result Declaration: Last week of May 2014
Other Useful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts