MHT CET 2014 Exam has been scrapped and now JEE Main 2014 would be used to admit candidates in the engineering courses. For more information on JEE Main exam, click HERE.
MHT CET 2014 is the primary engineering entrance examination conducted by Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra for admissions into first year degree programs. For getting enrolled in B.Tech./B.E. courses in the engineering colleges of the state, candidates have to attempt the exam and qualify. Based on the marks obtained in the MHT CET 2014 Exam, candidates shall be shortlisted for counselling and seat allotment.
- Name of the exam – MHT CET 2014
- Also known as – MT CET 2014, Maharashtra CET 2014
- Conducted by – Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra
- Exam type – Undergraduate
- Exam level – State level
- Exam mode – Offline
MHT CET 2014 Exam Pattern
MHT CET 2014 admissions will be based on JEE Main 2014. Here’s the JEE Main 2014 Exam Pattern that must be read by candidates for admissions into Maharashtra engineering colleges.
- Questions will be based on math, physics and chemistry.
- There shall be 3 sections of equal marks weightage.
- Questions will be of objective type where one correct option is to be selected from given set.
- For every wrong answer, ¼ mark will be cut as per MHT CET 2014 Exam Pattern.
- No mark will be cut for un-attempted question.
- Paper shall be conducted in online as well as offline mode.
Before filling the MHT CET 2014 Application Form, candidates must read the eligibility criteria in detail. Following is the JEE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- Candidate must have passed class XII or equivalent examination in 2012 or 2013.
- It is necessary to be passed in 5 subjects at least in the qualifying exam as well according to MHT CET 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- The candidates who have passed with 4 subjects in 2012 or 2013 are eligible as well.
- Date of birth of candidate must be on or after 1 October 1989 (1984 for SC, ST and PwD).
- Only three max attempts are allowed for JEE Main 2014.
MHT CET 2014 Application Form will be released around mid week of March 2014. The deadline to submit the Application Form of MHT CET 2014 will be around first week of April 2014. The form can be filled online on the official website of DTE, Maharashtra. MT CET 2014 Application Fees can be paid by sending a demand draft in favor of “Director, Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai”.
The fees for general category candidates is Rs.700 and Rs.500 for backward class. On depositing the fee, candidates can get the brochure and admission kit from school or junior college.
Steps to Fill The MHT CET 2014 Application Form
- Deposit the fee via DD and acquire the application kit and brochure from school/junior college.
- Open the official website of DTE, MH – Click HERE.
- Access the MHT CET 2014 Online Application field.
- Enter the application number and password as mentioned in the application kit.
- Fill the form using correct information and verify before submission.
- Upload relevant images of signature and photograph as asked.
- Submit the MHT CET 2014 Application Form.
- Take two printouts of the duly filled application form.
- Mark signatures, wherever applicable.
- Get one of the MHT CET 2014 Application printout signed and stamped by the head of the institution last attended.
- This one copy shall serve as receipt cum ID card.
- Candidates are required to apply online for Centralized Admission Process (CAP).
- The fees for counselling can be paid thru DD/Pay Order in favor of “The Director, Technical Education, Maharashtra State” Payable at “Mumbai” drawn on any Bank.
- The fees for open category is Rs.700 and Rs.500 for SC/ST/OBC.
- There shall be three rounds of CAP in MHT CET 2014 Counselling.
- On submission of MHT CET 2014 Online Application, it is required to take the printout with original documents and report at official Application Receipt Centres (ARCs) for verification.
MHT CET 2014 Contact Guide
Directorate of Technical Education,
Maharashtra State, 3, Mahapalika Marg, Dhobi Talao,
Mumbai - 400 001
Fax: 91-022-2269 2012, 2269 0007
Other Helpful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts