KCET 2014 Counselling shall be notified to the applicants after the admission process begins for the applicants wanting to take admission in various institutes in engineering courses. The counselling process shall enable them to fill options of colleges and courses as per their choice. The applicants can use this article and overview the Actual Counselling Process. This shall also help them to avoid any errors during actual process.
Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling - Schedule
- Document checking for the special category (Sports, NCC and Physically Disabled) – around 1st week of June 2014.
- Document Verification helpline centres – 1st to last week of June 2014
- College wise, course wise and category wise display of seat matrix – Mid week of June 2014
- Real Options submission for admission – around 1st week of July 2014
- Mock allotment on real data – last week of June 2014
- Publication of Real Allotment (First Round) of Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling on the KEA website – around 1st week of July 2014
- Payment of Fees, Reporting to colleges and Informing KEA online – around mid week of July 2014
- Display of Vacant Seats (Cancelled/Not Reported/Additional Seat Matrix) – around mid week of July 2014
- Second Round Option Entry – around mid week of July 2014 to last week of July 2014
- Second Round Seat Allotment – around last week of July 2014
- Fees submission/Reporting to colleges/Informing KEA online (2nd Round) – around last week of July 2014 till last week of July 2014
Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling – Important Points
- Counselling or Admission Process shall be done on the basis of Ranks obtained by a applicant in KCET 2014.
- It shall start with online entry of options, verification of documents at 13 designated centers.
- After the verification is completed successfully, applicants shall be issued a “Verification Slip” which must be preserved carefully till the admission process is over.
- After that the options for KCET 2014 Counselling can be filled ONLINE from the place of applicants’ convenience or from the help centers.
- Applicants can submit as many course and college choices as they want, but they have to arrange them in the order of priority.
- Applicants, eligible for both Medical and Engineering can fill options for both Medical and Engineering for Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling. They have to keep them in order of their preferences.
- There shall be NO Provision for adding options after the first round.
Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling – Online Registration
- Log on to the authorized website of counselling
- Applicants shall be required to fill their Application Number and Secret Key Code provided to them at the time of document verification
- After that, they have to choose a password for them which must be preserved by them till the Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling is complete.
- Applicants shall be asked to submit their contact number and email id. Applicants must give complete and correct details as updates can be sent via email as well as SMS too.
- All the applicants shall also be asked to answer a secret question about them which shall be used in case a applicant forgets his/her password.
- After submitting all these details, applicants can proceed over to option filling page.
Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling – Option Entry:
- Applicants need to LOGIN to their accounts using their Application Number, Secret Code and Password.
- After they login, the applicants shall be able to see their names, CET Number and ranks
- Next step in Option Entry phase of Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling shall be clicking on “Applicants Option Entry” link which shall redirect the applicants to Option Entry page.
- 3 panels shall be opened:
1st Panel: For Option Entry
2nd Panel: Modifying the filled choices by deleting as well as re – arranging them
3rd Panel: It shall show all the choices that have been filled for Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling
- Applicants can fill the options only ONCE before the allotments of seats, hence the applicants must fill maximum number of choices
- After the 1st Allotment Round, applicants shall be given provision to add NEW options for courses and colleges.
Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling – How to fill Choices??
- Applicants have to indicate the priority number before the name of colleges in the 1st panel. After they have listed the priorities, applicants have to press “Save & Submit Button”.
- As soon as the applicants press this button, their choices shall be shown in 2nd Panel and 3rd Panel.
- Applicants can also search the courses from the search link in the 1st Panel by submitting their codes.
Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling – How to Modify the Filled Choices???
- Applicants have to just change the priority against the course name and click on “Update Option”.
- After saving changes, “OPTIONS UPDATED” message shall be shown on the screen.
- If the applicants want to delete any OPTION, they have to enter “0” as their priority and the option shall be deleted.
Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling – Option Report Printing:
- Applicants can take print out of their options which shall be called as OPTION REPORT.
- This report can be printed out using short link as well as detailed link. If the number of options filled by the applicant exceeds 50, short link must be used.
- In case the applicants have filled few options for Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling, they can go for detailed print out.
- The option report may be saved as well as printed out.
Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling – Seat Allocation:
- The whole process shall comprise of the following steps:
Entry of Options
- There shall be NO blocking of seats and only ONE seat shall be allocated per applicant
- There shall be NO multiple physical rounds.
- Though the applicant may have multiple ranks, but Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling shall allot a single seat on the basis of choices filled by the applicants.
- Seat allocation shall be done after the option entry phase on the basis of choices filled by the applicants.
- Up – Gradation shall be done for the seats left vacant because of surrender and left admissions.
Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling – Admission Process:
- After a seat is allocated to a applicant, they have to take the admission at the allocated institute within the stipulated time interval or their admission shall be cancelled.
- First the applicants have to download and print out the admission order immediately after the submission of fee.
- After the applicant has been allocated a seat in Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling, the fee can be submitted via the following means:
NOTE: Applicants can download their admission order immediately after the submission of fee in Online mode.
Indian Bank Counter Payment
CET Counter Payment
NOTE: In case of offline payment, the applicant shall be able to generate the Admission Order after ONE day.
- After fee submission, applicants have to report at the college allocated to them in Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling within stipulated time or their admission shall be cancelled.
After seat allocation, four cases can be there:
CASE 1: Applicant has been allocated a seat, he/she is satisfied with the allotment and doesn’t wish to participate in further rounds.
Things to do:
Deposit the admission fee and download the Admission Order.
Show that he or she is not participating in further rounds of Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling.
Report to allocated college.
Seat allocated to the applicant shall NOT be returned to seat matrix.
Applicant shall be BLOCKED from all the further rounds of counselling.
All the other options filled by the applicant shall be removed automatically.
CASE 2: Applicant is satisfied with the allotted seat but wants to participate in NEXT allotment session
Things to do: Deposit the admission fee and download the Admission letter
Seat shall NOT be included in Seat Matrix
Applicant can attend the next round of counselling
All the options filled by the applicant for Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling which were below the allotted option shall be removed including the allotted option.
Applicant shall be able to alter the order of other higher options, alter their order and add NEW options (that didn’t existed before)
CASE 3: Applicant is satisfied with the allotment but wants to participate in NEXT allotment Round.
Things to do: Do Nothing
Seat shall be returned to seat matrix and applicant can participate in NEXT round.
All the options for Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling which were below the allotted option shall be REMOVED.
Order of the choices can be altered and NEW options (that never existed before) can be filled.
CASE 4: Applicant is NOT satisfied with the filled choices and DON’T want to participate in further rounds.
Things to do: Show that you are NOT participating in further rounds of admission
Seat shall be returned to Seat Matrix
Applicants shall be BLOCKED from further Karnataka CET 2014 Counselling rounds
All Options shall be REMOVED.
NOTE: Applicants who have NOT been allotted any seat can retain their choices. They shall have the provision to alter the order of their choices, add NEW choices and there shall be NO provision to ADD any option that existed before.
Other Useful Links:
KCET 2014 Exam Syllabus
Discuss Your Doubts