The KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria will decide which applicants are eligible to study in Government, Private Un-Aided Minority/Non-Minority and Government Aided colleges after giving KCET 2014.
There are various clauses in the KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria and for every clause there is a set of documents to be produced by the applicants at the time of admission so as to be ELIGIBLE for KCET 2014.
According to the Eligibility Criteria the applicants must have obtained at least 45% (GEN and Others) or 40% (OBC, Category 1, SC, ST) in the subject combination of Physics, Mathematics and any one of Biology/Chemistry/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Electronics in order to be eligible under the KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
The various clauses are as follows:
- According to the KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria, applicant should have studied for at least 7 yrs form 1st to 12th and must have passed either 10th or 12th class form the Government or Government Recognized institutions located in Karnataka. If one applicant has made more than single attempt at any class’ exams, that will be counted as 1 year only.
- Applicants should have passed 11th and 12th exam from an institution recognized by Karnataka State Government and one of their parents should also have studied in Karnataka for at least 7 yrs according to the KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- The mother tongue of applicant and one of his/her parents must be Kannada, Kodava or Tulu and either of his/her parents should be Karnataka Domicile. Applicants of such category should have passed the 12th class form any educational institution from outside Karnataka and should have resided outside Karnataka to be eligible according to the KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria. Kannada Language exam will be conducted by KEA for such Applicants.
- The applicants speaking Kannada, Kodava or Tulu as their mother language must have resided and studied for 7 yrs (1st to 12th) in disputed Kannada speaking areas of South Sholapur, Jath, Akkalkot or Gadhinglaj Taluks of Maharahstra or Hosadurga or Kasargod or Taluks of Kerala. Such applicants will also have to give a Kannada Language test conducted by KEA according to the KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- According to the KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria, in case of Defense Personnel who have worked in Karnataka continuously and have worked for at least one year during which the applicant has passed 10th and 12th from Karnataka, have their wards valid in eligibility.
- The children of the serving Defense Personnel who have submitted the hometown as Karnataka while joining the army are eligible according to KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria. Such applicants should be able to produce such type of domicile at the time of admission as a proof.
- According to KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria the applicant whose parent have been a Defense Personnel and served in Karnataka for a minimum of one year and is on duty in Active Service/Field and whose family has been granted the permission to stay in Karnataka. To be eligible as per KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria, such applicant should have qualified the 12th class exam form any Government Recognized or Government Institution in Karnataka.
- An Ex-Servicemen who has declared Karnataka as his home state at the time of joining the service will have to produce a domicile from the “Deputy Director, Department of Sainik Welfare and Resettlement” in order to have their wards eligible as per KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria. Also the applicant should have passed the 12th class exam from any Board or University or any other institution in India.
- Wards of employees of Union Government or Karnataka State Government Undertaking or Union or Joint Sector Undertaking, who are shifted anywhere in India and has worked for a minimum period of one year in Karnataka during the 11th and 12th class of the ward are also eligible as per KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria. Such applicants should also have passed the 12th exam form any Government recognized or Government educational institution in Karnataka.
- The working or retired employees of Union or Union Government or Karnataka State Undertaking or Joint Sector Undertaking who have declared Karnataka as their home town state and have studied in the Government or Government recognized institutions located in Karnataka for minimum of 7 yrs and were liable to be shifted anywhere in India can have their wards eligible for KCET 2014 if their ward has passed the 12th class exam from any Board or University or any other educational institution from anywhere in India as per KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- The wards of Members of Parliament who are elected from Karnataka and have passed their 12th class exam from any Board or University in India will be eligible as per KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- The wards of working or retired employees of All India Service of Karnataka cadre and of the employees of Karnataka State Government who has worked or is working outside Karnataka during the study period from 1st to 12th can be included to make up the seven years of study in Karnataka as per KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
- According to KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria, the wards of Jammu Kashmir Migrants are also eligible for KCET 2014 given they submit the proof of migration from the jurisdictional “District Magistrate and Deputy Commissioner” of any Indian State.
- The applicants who have studied outside Karnataka in Kannada medium from 1st to 10th class are eligible as per KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria. Such applicants need not give the Kannada Language Test conducted by KEA given the applicant have passed the 12th class examination from the Government Recognized or Government institution.
- The applicants who have passed the qualifying exam from any University or Board located anywhere In India and are the wards of the people serving in CAPF who have declared Karnataka as their home town state and whose proof is available in the record office of CAPF unit are also eligible as per KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria.
The applicants have to submit various documents at the time of application and admission in KCET 2014 which are listed in the Information Brochure. According to KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria, applicants claiming eligibility in all the above mentioned categories must furnish these documents in order to be eligible for KCET 2014.
Other Useful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts