Karnataka University will conduct the KCET 2014 for admissions into engineering, medical and dental professional undergrad programs in the state of Karnataka. The exam is conducted at state level and all the students who meet the eligibility criteria successfully can take the Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2014.
- Name of the exam – KCET 2014
- Also known as - Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2014
- Exam type – Undergraduate
- Exam level – State level
- Conducted by - Karnataka University
KCET 2014 Selection Process
Candidates would be selected for counselling and seat allotment based on their performance in the KCET 2014. Seats shall be allotted while considering KCET 2014 Score.
KCET 2014 Exam Pattern
- There will be three sections/papers in the exam.
- Papers would be composed from math, physics and chemistry.
- Maximum score for each paper is 60 so the total marks in the exam is 180 (60x3).
- No negative marking for wrongly answered questions or multiply answered questions.
- Each exam will be of 80 minutes.
- Each paper will have 60 questions i.e. 180 questions in total.
- Each correct question will get 1 mark.
KCET 2014 Eligibility Criteria
- It is required for candidate to pass class XII or equivalent examination, as recognized by state or central education board.
- Compulsory subjects in the qualification exam include math and physics.
- Optional subject include any one of the Chemistry / Bio-technology / Computer-Science / Electronics / Biology.
- It is necessary to have English as subject of language.
- Minimum aggregate percentage required in the qualifying exam is 45%.
KCET 2014 Application Form
- Candidates can buy the KCET 2014 Application Form through school/colleges of Karnataka.
- Fill the form and apply left hand thumb impression on the form without smudging.
- Enter all the particulars using black or blue ball pen only.
- Submit the form back to the school or college from where KCET 2014 Application Form was purchased.
- On submission, collect the KCET 2014 Admit Card by April 2014.
The fees of KCET 2014 Application is Rs.650 (Rs.500 for SC, ST and OBC). The fees can be paid via cash or net-banking.
KCET 2014 Counselling
It is required for candidate to register for KCET 2014 Counselling after the declaration of result. KCET 2014 Counselling will be held in two rounds. Only those candidates can participate in it who have qualified the KCET 2014. They have to fill preferences of courses, colleges and seats shall be allotted to them accordingly. Candidates have to confirm the seat after KCET 2014 Seat Allotment by paying the fees.
KCET 2014 Result
Result of KCET 2014 will be announced on the official website till May 2014.
Karnataka CET 2014 Schedule
Date of Availability of Applications
March starting tentatively
Last Date for Online Submission
April mid tentatively
May 1 & 2, 2014
May end tentatively
KCET 2014 Contact Info
Sampige Road, 18th Cross,
Malleshwaram, Bangalore - 560012.
Phone: 080 - 23568201, 23568202, 23462599, 23462758, 23461575
Fax : 080 - 23461576
Other Useful Links:
Discuss Your Doubts