VITEEE 2014 Application Form Date Extended to 10 March! To Apply For VITEEE 2014 - Click Here
The VITEEE 2014 Entrance Exam will be conducted by VIT University in online mode from 9 April 2014 to 20 April 2014. The entrance exam is conducted once every year once every year for the aspirants interested in pursuing various engineering courses at undergraduate level. In order to appear for the entrance exam, the applicants need to fill the application form in the available mode from 4 December 2014 to 10 March 2014. The applicants are advised to make sure they are eligible by meeting the set eligibility criterion before filling the application form and further appearing for the entrance exam. The applicants can avail the VITEEE 2014 application form in both online and offline mode.
Overview of the VITEEE 2014 Entrance Exam:
Name of the exam: VITEEE 2014
Also known as: VIT Engineering Entrance Examination 2014
Conducting Body: Vellore Institute of Technology
Exam category: Undergraduate
The article comprises various aspects of the exam including eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application form, schedule etc.
- Sale of VITEEE 2014 Application Form begins: 4 December 2014
- Receipt of VITEEE 2014 application form ends: 10 March 2014
- Date of Online VITEEE 2014 test: 9 April to 20 April 2014
- Expected date of result: 28 April 2014
The applicants need to ensure their eligibility before filling the VITEEE 2014 Application Form, candidates must read the below mentioned eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be born on or after 1 July 1992.
- Candidate must have scored minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Math or Biology. (50% for SC/ST and candidates from Jammu Kashmir and Northeastern states).
- Candidate must have completed Class XII schooling from a recognized Board OR Two year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board OR HSC examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma or Advanced (A) level General Certificate Education (GCE) examination.
- The VITEEE 2014 entrance exam will be conducted over a time span of 150 minutes.
- There is no provision of negative marking i.e. No marks shall be cut for wrong answers.
- Number of sections: 4 and total number of questions: 160 (40x4).
- One mark shall be rewarded for every correct answer.
VITEEE 2014 Application Form
Candidates can fill the form in two modes, online and offline from 4 December 2013. The description of these methods is given below. The last date to receive the form is 10 March 2014.
There are three methods to obtain the VITEEE 2014 Application Form in offline mode:
- Buy the form from VIT University counter.
- Buy the application from designated post office. List of post offices - Click Here
- Sending a request letter to the university, asking for the form.
- Open the official site of VITEEE and browse to “apply online” link - CLICK HERE
- Submit all the required information correctly.
- Submit the application form and generate the printout.
- Send the printout of confirmation page to the university.
The fees for applying online is Rs.900 and for applying offline, fees is Rs.950. Candidates can remit the application form fee via the following modes:
- Online: via entering details of credit/debit card and making payment.
- Offline: via demand draft in favor of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore.
Address To Send The Form: Admissions Officer, VIT University, Vellore-632 014, Tamil Nadu, India
After the candidate has successfully completed application submission process, he/she would be sent the VITEEE 2014 Admit Card via speed post. Candidate must bring the admit card in original to the exam hall to gain entry and attempt the exam.
Admit card must be preserved till the admission process is over since it’d be asked in the later admission process. VITEEE 2014 Hall Ticket must not be soiled or tampered in any case.
VITEEE 2014 Result
Candidates can check the VITEEE 2014 Result on the official website by entering the roll number and date of birth. Candidates will be notified of the result via SMS too. The result would be declared on 28 April 2014.
Based on the result, a merit list would be created as well which will decide the candidates eligible for counselling and seat allotment. This merit list would form the basis for selection into counselling and seat allotment.
After the declaration of VITEEE 2014 Result and All India Rank (AIR), candidates would be shortlisted for counselling process. They will be called as per the rank range in which their individual rank falls. Candidate have to reach the counselling venue in time to avoid missing call.
At the venue, candidate have to come along with all the relevant documents and certificates in originals. The process of VITEEE 2014 Counselling will be held in two campuses, Vellore and Chennai.
VIT University, Vellore-632 014, Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: + 91-416-220 2125, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 5766
Other Related Links: