WBJEE 2014 Entrance Exam: The examwill be conducted by the WBJEE 2014 board for admissions in the various disciplines of engineering courses for the candidates willing to take admission in 2014-15 academic sessions. The candidate will have to be eligible to take part in the counseling and allotment process the candidate is required to qualify the entrance exam. After the exam is conducted, a merit list is created including the name of the candidates scoring high marks and to select the candidates who have scored high for the allotment and counseling process.
The WBJEE 2014 Entance Exam will consist of three papers:
- Mathematics (100 Marks)
- Physics (75 Marks)
- Chemistry (75 Marks)
The following question categories would be there in WBJEE 2014 Exam:
1 Mark each
2 Marks each
2 Marks each
1 Mark each
2 Marks each
2 Marks each
1 Mark each
2 Marks each
2 Marks each
WBJEE 2014 Exam Category 1 Questions:
- For every correct answer, one mark will be awarded.
- There is a provision of negative marking, 1/3rd mark will be ducted for every wrong answer.
- If the candidate chooses two option as an answer, it will be considered as a wrong answer and 1/3rd mark will be deducted.
Category 2 Questions:
- Two marks will be added for every correct answer.
- 1/3rd mark will be reduced if the answer is incorrect.
- If the candidate ticks on more than one answer it will lead to deduction of 1/3rd mark and the answer will be considered as wrong.
WBJEE 2014 Exam Category 3 Questions:
- Questions consisting multiple choices answer and ticking all of them will earn complete credit.
- Unanswered and questions with ONE or MORE incorrect answers shall be accountable and awarded ZERO marks.
- Credit evaluation for a partially answered questions having NO wrong answer:Awarded marks = 2 x (Number of Correct answers) / (Total number of Correct answers)
The OMR Answer Sheet of WBJEE 2014 is to be marked with a BLUE or BLACK Ball Point Pen ONLY.
Tie – Breaking Rules of WBJEE 2014:
Inter – se merit will be calculated if any two or more candidate has obtained equal marks in the exam. The resolution of Tie in WBJEE 2014 will be carried out in the following manner:
- The first resolution is if the candidate has candidate has secured less percentage of negative marks in the subjects of Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics taken together will be given preference in the tiebreak up.
- The candidate who has scored higher positive marks in Mathematics and Physics together will be given more preference and weight age.
- The student who has secured high percentage marks in Mathematics and Chemistry will be given preference in WBJEE 2014 Merit list.
- The candidate who has less negative marks in Physics & Mathematics will be accepted and given preference.
- Comparatively less negative marks in Chemistry & Mathematics both.
- Higher positive score in Mathematics Section of WBJEE 2014 in two Marks Questions.
- Higher positive score in Physics in two Marks Questions.
- Higher positive score in Chemistry in two Marks Questions.
- Fewer negative marks in Mathematics for two marks questions.
- Fewer negative score in Physics Section of WBJEE 2014 Exam for two marks questions.
- Few negative marks in Chemistry for two marks questions.
- Finally, the tie resolution will be done based on age of the candidates where older one will be preferred.
Eligibility Criteria of WBJEE 2014:
The candidate must be Indian citizen and resident of Bengal to fit in the basic eligibility criteria go WBJEE 2014.
AGE: the candidate must have attained the age of 17 years by the end of December 2013. There is no upper age limit in the case of WBJEE 2014 except for the course of Marine Engineering for which 25 yrs is the upper age limit and minimum age limit for the candidate.
Requirement of Domicile
State Aided University
Govt. Technical / Engineering Colleges
Self Financing Institutes
To appear for WBJEE 2014 the candidate must have been living and a resident of the West Bengal State for the past ten year continuously, December is the last month to be counted in that duration, and parents of the applicant should be the permanent resident of the state of west Bengal.
Academic Requirements for WBJEE 2014:
- The academic requirement for all the candidates except the B.Pharma, Marine Engineering and B.Arch aspirants must have qualified Class 12th or Equivalent Exam with a minimum of 45% for general category or 40% for candidates belonging to ST/SC/PWD category aggregate in Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics (GEN) and a minimum of 30% marks in English with individual passing marks in Maths, English, Vernacular, Physics and Chemistry.
- For the candidates belonging to WBJEE 2014 Marine Engineering the minimum aggregate in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry is 60% with 50% minimum aggregate in English for 10th or 12th class level with individual passing marks in English, Vernacular, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics for all categories of WBJEE 2014 Entrance Exam Candidates.
Reservation of Seats in WBJEE 2014:
- The reservation of seats for SC/ST/PWD Candidates will be made on the basis of State Government norms which will be in the following percentage which are as follows: ST: 22%, SC:6% and PwD: 3%.
- There will be total of 12 seats reserved in the Defense Quota out of which seven seats will be reserved for Government Engineering & Technology Colleges of State, two seats will be reserved at Jadavpur University and three will be reserved at Bengal Engineering & Science University.
- According to the reservation, norms of WBJEE 2014 10% of the approved seats will be allocated to JEE Main 2014 merit rankers in all the self financing engineering and technology colleges of the state.
Application Submission Process of WBJEE 2014 includes the following two phases:
- Personal details need to be filled by the candidate.
- The candidate will have to fill in the application fee details also.
The candidates in order to download the application form of WBJEE 2014 will have to visit the official website or logon to www.wbjeeb.nic.in – the official exam website.
Once the candidate has filled in all the personal information, the candidates will be provided with a 7-digit application number, which has to be preserved by the candidates in order to log in future.
The next step in the form filling process is related to the payment of Rs. 500/- as the form fee of WBJEE 2014 via any of the following 2 mentioned modes:
- Allahabad Bank: To remit the Challan Fee the candidate should use the CBS facility enabled by the Allahabad Bank branch.
- E – Post office Challan: The candidates also have an option of remitting the form fee online via post offices having the e – Post Office connectivity.
After the form fee of WBJEE 2014 has been remitted by the candidates will have to enter the details of transaction in the online form after which they will be given a confirmation page and Top Sheet of Enclosures whose print out has to be taken out.
Then the candidates have to upload the two same colored passport sized photos on WBJEE 2014 confirmation page. One of the photographs of the candidate should be self-attested. The candidates should sign the page also put the left hand thumb impression and get the page signed by their parents
The WBJEE 2014 top sheet of enclosures will have the list of document copies, which are to be sent along with the form after self – attesting them.
The candidates will have to send the WBJEE 2014 confirmation page along with the documents in an envelope at the following address via speed post until 28 February:
AQ – 13/1, Sector – V,
Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700091.
Application Form Status of WBJEE 2014:
In order to check the application form status the candidates can visit the official website and enter the application form number. The Board will host and display the application statuson exam official website.
Result of WBJEE 2014:
- In case of WBJEE 2014 board, there is no provision for post result publication review etc and the WBJEE 2014 Board in this regard entertains no communication.
- The various exam Results will be disclosed around 10th of June 2014 on the official website.
- The results will comprise and include the Merit Lists in which the Board will decide the number of candidates.
- The Individual Rank Cards will be presented only to the candidates, which are enlisted in the merit list disclosed by the Board.
The Counseling schedule of WBJEE 2014 will be updated on the official website and the candidates must stay in constant touch to be updated and posted about the exam.
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts