WBJEE 2014 is the state level engineering entrance examination which would be conducted on 20 April 2014 by West Bengal JEE Board to offer admissions to applicants into first year professional UG degree courses. All the successful applicants who qualify the WBJEE 2014 Exam will be offered seats to various institutes affiliated to the WBJEE 2014. This article summarizes all the details on WBJEE 2014 Exam.
WBJEE 2014 Second Round Seat Allotment Result - Check Here
WBJEE 2014 First Round Seat Allotment Result - Download Here
WBJEE 2014 Selection Process:
Applicants would be selected for counselling and allotment on the basis of marks obtained in the WBJEE 2014 Exam. Other crucial factors involved are reservation norms, availability of seats, categorical rank, etc.
WBJEE 2014 Eligibility Criteria:
Prior to applying, WBJEE 2014 Eligibility Criteria must be read thoroughly to avoid form rejection in later stages Following is the criteria:
B.Tech (General Courses):
- Applicant must be 17 years or older by December 2013.
- Should have passes Class XII or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Minimum score of 30% is required in English.
- Minimum of 45% score is required in chemistry, physics and mathematics.
B.Tech (Marine Engineering):
- Applicant must have subject combination as Physics, Math and Chemistry in the qualifying examination.
- He must be passed individually in subjects - English, Physics, Math, Chemistry and Vernacular.
WBJEE 2014 Exam Pattern:
WBJEE 2014 Exam Pattern displays all the prime features of WBJEE 2014 Exam and each candidate must read it to get a detailed knowledge of the exam and solve it in a better and efficient manner so that they score maximum marks.
- Candidate will be given total of 3 question papers– one each of math, physics and chemistry.
- Individual marks for mathematics, physics and chemistry is 100, 75, 75 respectively.
- The nature of the questions will be – multiple choice questions (MCQ) or objective type.
- Duration of the exam is 3 hours.
WBJEE 2014 Application Form:
WBJEE 2014 Application Form must be filled to apply for the WBJEE 2014 Examination. Applicants have to visit the official website and provide all the details correctly and completely. After that fees is to be submitted either in offline or online mode.
Applicants have to generate print of the confirmation page and attach all the relevant documents with the Application Form and send in a brown envelope to: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board, AQ – 13/1, Sector – V, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091
WBJEE 2014 Admit Card:
On successful submission of the application form and fee, applicants would be issued the WBJEE 2014 Admit Card. Applicants must bring the admit card to enter the examination hall. The admit card must be kept safe with the candidates till the completion of admission process.
WBJEE 2014 Result:
WBJEE 2014 Result will be published on 5 June 2014 on the official website of West Bengal JEE 2014. WBJEE 2014 Result can be downloaded from the website by filling roll number or application number and submitting. In the result, applicants can check the marks obtained out of total marks. A merit list will be further published which would be accounted in seat allotment.
WBJEE 2014 Counselling:
WBJEE 2014 Counselling will be held once the result of WBJEE 2014 is declared. Applicants would be informed about the counselling schedule according to their merit ranking score and availability of seats in that course. If in case there are vacant seats in previous rounds of counselling, additional rounds will be conducted.
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts