The CBSE AUTHORITY will announced the Result of JEE Main 2014 on 3rd May 2014. To download JEE Main 2014 online Result browse through the tab mention below :
About JEE Main 2014:
JEE Main 2014 is the largest entrance examination of the country where nearly 13 Lakh candidates would try their fortune to get admissions in the best engineering colleges of India. Central Board of Secondary Education will organize JEE Main 2014 to provide seats to candidates into undergraduate courses in offline mode on 6 APRIL 2014. The online mode of exam would be conducted on 9th, 11th, 12th and 19th APRIL 2014.
JEE also called as Joint Entrance Examination will be conducted at two levels, JEE Main 2014 and JEE Advanced 2014. The candidates who will be applying for JEE Main 2014 will have an option to apply for JEE Advanced 2014 as well in the application form. The top 1.5 Lakh candidates from JEE Main 2014 will be selected for JEE Advanced 2014, with condition that all other eligibility conditions are met.
For admissions into IITs and ISM, candidates have to attempt JEE Advanced 2014 whereas for admission into premier CFTIs, SFTIs, candidates need to attempt JEE Main 2014 only.
To Know more about JEE Main 2014 Admit Card Click Here
JEE Main 2014 Brief Overview
Name of the exam: JEE Main 2014
Also Known As: Joint Entrance Examination Main 2014
Exam Type: Undergraduate
Exam Level: National Level
Governing Body: CBSE
New Features of JEE Main 2014
- States of Maharashtra and Odisha have replaced JEE Main 2014 instead of MT CET 2014 and OJEE 2014 respectively for admissions into engineering UG courses. Seats would now be allotted in these states based on candidate’s JEE Main 2014 All India Rank. However, counselling will be done by their own counselling committee.
- The entire process of JEE Main 2014 Application Form is online unlike previous years where candidates could fill the offline form as well by purchasing them from assigned post offices and banks. Candidates need not send any document or certificate to the JEE office at all.
Before moving to fill the JEE Main 2014 Application Form, candidates must go through all the points mentioned in the eligibility criteria to see if they are fit to apply or not. Eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced differs from JEE Main 2014. The conditions and terms in the JEE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Candidate must have passed Class XII qualifying examination (or its equivalent) in 2012 or 2013.
- If the result of qualifying exam is to be announced after June 2014, it is rather not advised to apply.
- If a candidate has already attempted three times, he/she is ineligible for JEE Main 2014.
- Candidate must be born on or after 1 October 1989 (1984 for SC, ST or PwD).
- If a candidate has passed Class XII with four subjects in 2012 or 2013, he/she may apply as well however a candidate passing in 2014 must have five subjects in Class XII.
- All the eligibility norms will be equally applied to candidates from Odisha and Maharashtra who will be giving JEE Main 2014 this year for first time.
Candidates must read the JEE Main 2014 Exam Pattern thoroughly to get familiarized with the actual exam and its architecture. It will consequently help them to devise a strategy to solve the questions correctly in the given time constraint.
- Exam would be conducted in online as well as offline mode.
- JEE Main 2014 Exam would be based on the Class XI and XII syllabus of Math, Chemistry and Physics.
- Duration of the exam would be three hours net.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be rewarded and for every wrong answer, ¼ marks will be cut.
- Number of questions: 90 (30x3)
- Total marks: 90
- Questions will be multiple choice in nature where candidate will select one correct option from the given set.
Selection Criteria in JEE Main 2014
Candidates would be selected on the basis of All India Rank (AIR), which is calculated with JEE Main 2014 Score and Class XII marks in 60:40 ratio (normalization method).
Candidates will be assigned AIR as per their respective categorical reservation policy. The following categories will be considered in JEE Main 2014:
- NCL-OBC (Non Creamy Layer - Other Backward Class) : 27%
- Scheduled Castes (SC) : 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) : 7.5%
- Persons with Disability (PwD) : 3%
To avail the reservation claims, candidates have to report at the time of counselling along with all the documents and certificates in originals. They must be duly attested by competent authorities.
Candidates have to fill the online JEE Main 2014 Application Form to apply for the entrance exam between 15 November to 6 January 2014 on the official website of JEE. It must be noted that the online application form process requires uploading of scanned images of photo, thumb impression and signature. No document must be sent to the JEE Main 2014 Office. Candidates are advised to follow the steps below to fill the JEE Main 2014 Application Form:
- Click the link given to open the official application form page: CLICK HERE.
- Fill in all the personal, educational and contact information in the fields as asked.
- Mark the options of exam mode, exam center, paper choice and applying for JEE Advanced 2014.
- Upload scanned images of left hand thumb impression (right hand for female), signature and photograph.
- Verify the credentials and submit the form.
- Deposit the JEE Main 2014 Fee by e-challan or credit/debit card.
- Download the acknowledgement slip, take its printout and preserve for future use.
JEE Main 2014 Application Fee
Two modes of paying the application form fee are described as follows:
If the candidate chooses credit/debit card as payment mode, overhead service cost would be charged as follows:
- Credit Card -1.20% of the exam fee + service tax
- Debit Card - 0.75% + taxes for exam fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% + taxes for exam fee more than Rs.2000
JEE Main 2014 Important Dates:
- JEE Main 2014 Application Form Commences: 15 Nov 2013
- Online Application submission ends: 6 Jan 2014
- Confirmation Page Last Date: Last Week of Dec 2013
- JEE Main 2014 Admit Card: 12 March 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Offline Exam (Paper 1&2): 6 Apr 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Online Test: 9th, 11th , 12th and 19th Apr 2014 (Shift 1: 9.30am to 12.30pm, Shift 2: 2pm to 5pm)
- JEE Main 2014 Result: 3 May 2014
- JEE Main 2014 AIR Declaration: June First Week 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Rank Card: June First Week 2014
JEE (Main) Secretariat
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj
Other Related Links:Discuss Your Doubts