JEE MAIN 2014 SPOT Round Seat Allotment Result - CLICK HERE TO Download your allotment Result
Institute wise Seat Allotment Spot Round- Check Here
JEE Main 2014 is the largest engineering entrance examination of the country which would be attempted by nearly 14 lakh candidates to get admission into prestigious CFTIs, SFTIs, IITs and NITs of the country. CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) will conduct the JEE Main 2014 to offer seats into undergrad courses such as B.E./B.Tech. JEE Main 2014 is the first tier of JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) which would be held in offline mode on 6 April 2014. The online mode of exam would be held on 9, 11, 12, 19 April 2014.
The second tier of JEE is JEE Advanced 2014, which is exclusively for entrance in IITs and ISM. The candidates who will be applying for JEE Main 2014 will have an option to apply for JEE Advanced 2014 as well in the application form. Top 1.5 lakh candidates from JEE Main 2014 will be selected for JEE Advanced 2014, with condition that all other eligibility conditions are met.
Admission Criteria in Colleges and Universities
- CFTIs, SFTIs, NITs, IIITs – JEE Main 2014
- IITs, ISM Dhanbad – JEE Advanced 2014
JEE Main 2014 Overview
- Name of the exam: JEE Main 2014
- Also known as: Joint Entrance Examination Main 2014
- Exam type: Undergraduate
- Exam level: National Level
- Governing body: CBSE
- Exam dates: 6, 9, 11, 12, 19 April 2014
New Features of JEE Main 2014
- Maharashtra and Odisha have dropped MT CET 2014 and OJEE 2014, their engineering entrance exams and adopted JEE Main 2014. All the admissions in engineering undergrad courses in these states would be held through JEE Main 2014 AIR. However, counselling will be held by their own respective counselling committee.
- Process of JEE Main 2014 Application Form is exclusively made online. Offline form and prospectus has been dropped. Candidates have to fill the application form online on the official website of JEE. No documents or certificates must be sent to JEE office.
Selection Criteria in JEE Main 2014
Candidates would be selected on the basis of All India Rank (AIR), which is calculated with JEE Main 2014 Score and Class XII marks in 60:40 ratio (normalization method). This similar method would be adopted by nearly all of the colleges and universities.
Before moving to fill the JEE Main 2014 Application Form, candidates must go through all the points mentioned in the eligibility criteria to see if they are fit to apply or not. Eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced differs from JEE Main 2014. The conditions and terms in the JEE Main 2014 Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
- Candidate must have passed Class XII qualifying examination (or its equivalent) in 2012 or 2013.
- If the result of qualifying exam is to be announced after June 2014, it is rather not advised to apply.
- If a candidate has already attempted three times, he/she is ineligible for JEE Main 2014.
- Candidate must be born on or after 1 October 1989 (1984 for SC, ST or PwD).
- If a candidate has passed Class XII with four subjects in 2012 or 2013, he/she may apply as well however a candidate passing in 2014 must have five subjects in Class XII.
- All the eligibility norms will be equally applied to candidates from Odisha and Maharashtra who will be giving JEE Main 2014 this year for first time.
Candidates must read the JEE Main 2014 Exam Pattern thoroughly to get familiarized with the actual exam and its architecture. It will consequently help them to devise a strategy to solve the questions correctly in the given time constraint.
- Exam would be conducted in online as well as offline mode.
- JEE Main 2014 Exam would be based on the Class XI and XII syllabus of Math, Chemistry and Physics.
- Duration of the exam would be three hours net.
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be rewarded and for every wrong answer, ¼ marks will be cut.
- Number of questions: 90 (30x3)
- Total marks: 90
- Questions will be multiple choice in nature where candidate will select one correct option from the given set.
Candidates will be assigned AIR as per their respective categorical reservation policy. The following categories will be considered in JEE Main 2014:
- NCL-OBC (Non Creamy Layer - Other Backward Class) : 27%
- Scheduled Castes (SC) : 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST) : 7.5%
- Persons with Disability (PwD) : 3%
To avail the reservation claims, candidates have to report at the time of counselling along with all the documents and certificates in originals. They must be duly attested by competent authorities. In case of absence of proper documents and certificates, claims for reservation would stand invalid and candidates would be considered in general category.
Candidates have to fill the online JEE Main 2014 Application Form to apply for the entrance exam between 15 November to 6 January 2014 on the official website of JEE. It must be noted that the online application form process requires uploading of scanned images of photo, thumb impression and signature. No document must be sent to the JEE Main 2014 Office. Candidates are advised to follow the steps below to fill the JEE Main 2014 Application Form:
- Click the link given to open the official application form page: CLICK HERE
- Fill in all the personal, educational and contact information in the fields as asked.
- Mark the options of exam mode, exam center, paper choice and applying for JEE Advanced 2014.
- Upload scanned images of left hand thumb impression (right hand for female), signature and photograph.
- Verify the credentials and submit the form.
- Deposit the JEE Main 2014 Fee by e-challan or credit/debit card.
- Download the acknowledgement slip, take its printout and preserve for future use.
JEE Main 2014 Application Fee
Two modes of paying the application form fee are described as follows:
If the candidate chooses credit/debit card as payment mode, overhead service cost would be charged as follows:
- Credit Card -1.20% of the exam fee + service tax
- Debit Card - 0.75% + taxes for exam fee up to Rs.2000 and 1% + taxes for exam fee more than Rs.2000
JEE Main 2014 Admit Card
Candidates can download the JEE Main 2014 Hall Ticket otherwise known as admit card, from the official website of JEE. They have to enter date of birth and application number for the same. On downloading the hall ticket, it is mandatory that the candidate brings it to the exam venue.
No entry will be granted in case of its absence. Only those candidates would be issued admit card, who have successfully filled the application form. JEE Main 2014 Admit Card is an important document which must be preserved by the candidate till the admission process ends. Candidate might be asked to produce JEE Main 2014 Hall Ticket along with JEE Main 2014 Rank Card.
To know more about JEE Main 2014 Admit Card - Click Here
JEE Main 2014 Result would be in the form of marks achieved by candidate in the JEE Main exam. The result of JEE Main 2014 would be issued on 2 May 2014. Candidates have to enter roll number and date of birth to check their performance in the form of marks. Based on the result, JEE Main 2014 AIR has been issued on 8 July 2014.
Candidates must take printout of the result and preserve it till the admission process ends. Result would be decisive of the ranking of the candidate. It is necessary to know the higher marks, the lower will be the ranking. JEE Main 2014 Result would be accounted by various institutes and colleges as well for admission into their respective courses.
JEE Main 2014 Result would often be normalized along with class XII marks to produce a fair system of score for admission purpose. This would take into account the marks obtained in JEE Main 2014 in 60 parts and class XII marks in 40 parts.
Candidates would be counseled and allotted seats in various colleges based on JEE Main 2014 AIR. This AIR will show their position in India. Also, categorical rank and state wise rank would be mentioned on the JEE Main 2014 Rank Card. Various state colleges would consider this state ranking too. JEE Main 2014 Counselling will admit candidates into various CFTIs, SFTIs, NITs, IIITs and other institutes.
Check Here What Colleges You Can Get Under JEE MAIN 2014 Counselling
JEE Main 2014 Counselling comprises of various steps – choice filling, choice locking, allotment, confirmation of seat, upgrade of seats, reporting to the allotted institute, participation in spot and extra spot rounds (if needed). It is necessary that the candidate abides by the schedule of JEE Main 2014 Counselling cum Seat Allotment so that he doesn’t misses any crucial date or event. Counselling of JEE Main 2014 will begin with the result of first allotment on 14 July 2014.
If a candidate wishes to drop the default allotment, he can choose to participate in the next round for upgrade. If there are vacant seats from all the four rounds of JEE Main 2014 Allotment, spot round and extra spot round will be held. Candidate can participate in these rounds if he is not satisfied with any allotment from previous rounds. Spot round of JEE Main 2014 Counselling will be conducted on 8 August 2014.
JEE Main 2014 Rank Card would mention the details of JEE Main 2014 All India Rank, state rank and categorical rank. It can be downloaded from the official website of JEE from 8 July 2014 onwards. Candidates have to enter roll number, application number to download the JEE Main 2014 Rank Card. Rank card must be preserved till the admission process ends.
Rank card of JEE Main 2014 is an important document which must be preserved till the admission process completes. Care must be taken that it is not mutilated or soiled. It is necessary to produce the JEE Main 2014 AIR Card at the time of counselling and seat allotment. Only original rank card is allowed and no photocopy would be validated. Candidates are required to make sure that the name, photograph mentioned on the rank card is theirs only, else they must contact the JEE officials for correction.
JEE Main 2014 Choice Filling
JEE Main 2014 Choice Filling would enable candidates to mark the options of colleges and courses as per their desire. Based on the All India Rank, state ranks, categorical rank and availability of seats, allotment would be made. JEE Main 2014 Choice Filling can now be done on the official website of JEE whose link has been given ion the top of the article. The last date to mark the choices of colleges and courses is 12 July 2014.
Before marking the choices, candidates must acquire the list of participating institutes and their respective courses. Choices in the JEE Main 2014 Option Filling round must be filled in decreasing order of preference. Candidate must fill as many colleges as possible since sometimes due to insufficient list, a candidate might not get allotment of his desire. The process of choice locking would start today i.e. 10 July 2014.
Note: Candidates must note that they are allowed to participate in JEE Main 2014 Online Choice Filling till 5 pm on 12 July 2014.
JEE Main 2014 Important Dates
- JEE Main 2014 Application Form Commences: 15 Nov 2013
- Online Application submission ends: 6 Jan 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Admit Card: 12 March 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Offline Exam (Paper 1&2): 6 Apr 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Online Test: 9th, 11th , 12th and 19th Apr 2014 (Shift 1: 9.30am to 12.30pm, Shift 2: 2pm to 5pm)
- JEE Main 2014 Result: 3 May 2014
- JEE Main 2014 AIR Declaration: 8 July 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Rank Card: 8 July 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Choice Filling: 10-12 July 2014
- JEE Main 2014 Seat Allotment: 14, 19, 23, 28 July 2014 (1st, 2nd, 3rd,4th rounds respectively)
JEE Main 2014 Contact
JEE (Main) Secretariat
Central Board of Secondary Education,
PS-1-2, Institutional Area, I.P.Extn. Patparganj
Entrancecorner wishes all the students all the best for the counselling rounds which has already STARTED. We wish everyone of you gets allotment of your desire!
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts