The Directorate of Technical Education Maharashtra has not yet released the notification regarding the MHT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats. Complete details will be made available as soon as admission brochure is released. Till then the candidates can read the following information based on last year's admission brochure which will be updated as soon as new MT CET 2013 notifications are released.
There are five kinds of seat reservation under MT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats. The seat reservation will be provided to only those candidates who fulfill the criteria decided by Maharashtra State and the exam controlling board.
MHT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats for Backward Class Category:
- The detailed description of the percentage of Reservation for the Backward Class candidates under MHT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats is as follows:
SC and SC converted to Buddhism
Vimukta Jati(VJ)/De notified Tribes (DT)(NT-A)
Nomadic Tribes 1 (NT-B)
Nomadic Tribes 2 (NT-C)
Nomadic Tribes 3 (NT-D)
Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- MHT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats will provide a total of 50% for BC candidates in Govt. aided and Govt. Institutes, University managed and University Dept., and unaided non-minority colleges.
- If any seats in reserved category remain vacant after first round of seat allotment, candidates of Special BC (SBC) will be given a reservation of 2% as per MT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats.
- While submitting the CAP Admission application form, all the candidates belonging to BC category will have to submit the appropriate category certificate to get MHT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats.
- These certificates have to be submitted both at the time of admission as well as CAP application form submission even of the candidate of BC category secures a seat in General category by the virtue of merit.
- OMS candidates will come under general category and thus shall not be eligible for BC reservation as per MHT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats criteria.
2. Reservation for Defence Service Personnel Wards:
5% of seats (maximum 5 seats) in each CAP institute will be reserved for:
- I. Wards of Ex-Service Personnel domicile of Maharashtra State (DEF-1)
- II. Wards of active service personnel domicile of Maharashtra State (DEF-2)
- III. Wards of active service personnel (DEF-3)-
- Who are not Domicile of Maharashtra but transferred here
- Who are not Maharashtra state Domicile, and have studied and passed HSC (XII class) and higher education or equivalent exam.
- The children of CIVILIAN STAFF are not eligible for this category as per MT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats guidelines.
3. Reservation of Physically Handicapped Candidates:
All the institutes that come under CAP will have a reservation of 3% for the Physically Handicapped candidates. These reserved seats will be available in Home University area seats only except for state level colleges.
4. Reservation of FEMALE candidates:
30% of seats will be reserved for Female Candidates in CAP Institutions as per MHT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats norms. This reservation will cover the candidates from General, ST, SC and OBC categories. This will include 70% Home University seats and 30% other seats.
NO reservation for FEMALE candidates under Physically Handicapped, SBC and Defence categories as per MT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats.
5. Reservation for candidates of Maharashtra-Karnataka Border (MS Type-E):
30% Other than Home University seats (OHU) of CAP will be reserved for these candidates as per MT CET 2013 Reservation of Seats criteria. After CAP round in un-aided colleges and further rounds in Govt. aided/Govt. colleges, University managed and University departments, if seats remain vacant, these candidates will be eligible for them.
Other Related Links:Discuss Your Doubts