COMEDK UGET 2013 VACANCY AND ELIGIBILITY LIST (SUPPLEMENTARY EXAM) HAS BEEN RELEASED ON 22.07.2013. CANDIDATES CAN FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO CHECK THE VACANCIES IN THE COLLEGES AND CAN CHOOSE TO TAKE PART IN THE FINAL SESSION OF ENGINEERING COUNSELLING ON 24TH JULY.
SEE HERE for COMEDK 2013 Vacancy List
COMEDK 2013 Counselling Details have been released by the COMEDK after the Declaration of COMEDK Rank List on 11 June 2013 . The Counselling is conducted for the students who have appeared for COMEDK 2013 Exam and have their name in the Rank List
COMEDK 2013 Counselling Dates :
First Round of Comedk Counselling Will begin from 5th of July and will end on 15th July . The Detail Counselling Schedule will be made available on the COMEDK Official Website http://www.comedk.org
The selection process of seats will involve two rounds of counselling. The status of the COMEDK 2013 Counselling / seat selection process for each day would be published separately on the website and the candidates needs to log on to COMEDK website i.e http://www.comedk.org to check the counselling status of COMEDK 2013 and all updates frequently.
COMEDK 2013 Counselling venue :
The Counselling venue for Admission into Engineering Colleges under COMEDK 2013 Exam is:
"NMKRV College Mangala Mantapa", 3rd Block,Jayanagar, (near South End Circle), Bangalore, 560011.
Eligibility Norms for COMEDK 2013 Counselling
- The main philosophy behind COMEDk 2013 counselling for admission into professional institutions is that if a candidate, after selecting a seat, be given one more opportunity either to continue with the seat so selected during the first time of counseling or if he/she so desires to select a seat of his / her choice during the second time which shall be final. By adopting this philosophy all candidates, get an opportunity twice either to confirm the seat selected or to change their seat depending on the circumstances. Providing more than two opportunities is not permissible.
- Candidate must be physically present and no proxy registration is possible under any circumstances. Only genuine and bonafide candidates possessing original documents are allowed for COMEDK 2013 counselling.
- Medical certificates/affidavits for any physical non-presence will not be accepted.
- All candidates have to show the original documents specified at Para 13 below without which they will not be allowed to enter the Auditorium where the COMEDK 2013 counselling is held.
- Only one person (parent or guardian) can accompany the candidate for the entire counseling process of COMEDK 2013. Use of Cell Phones / Laptops / I-pads or any other electronic gadgets is strictly prohibited inside the Counseling Venue.
- Request such as the originals have been lost and a police complaint filed or F.I.R lodged and hence duplicate marks card or other certificates be accepted will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- If any of the documents/records are not original, Candidate/s shall produce duplicate documents/ records issued by the same competent authority which issued the original along with a certificate by the said competent authority explaining the circumstances under which such duplicate documents/records came to be issued and the decision of the expert committee in this regard shall be final.
COMEDK 2013 Counselling eligibility For Engineering :
- As per the existing norms of the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), the qualifying examination prescribed for admission to B.E. is 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or equivalent Examination recognized by State / Central Government. The last two years of study shall comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) with English as a compulsory subject.
- The General Merit Candidates should have passed with a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC Candidates of Karnataka state) in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and should have passed these subjects individually. Physics and Mathematics are compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any other Technical vocational courses as one of the optional subjects. However, if there are any changes in the eligibility criteria by the AICTE, the same will be adopted.
- An attempt in the Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the Rank list.
- The declaration made by candidates in their Application Form with regard to SC/ST/OBC (for lower eligibility marks) and Minority will be final and changes in the category / minority on any ground are not permitted under any circumstances.
- Provided in the event of such a candidate having made declaration in the application form with regard to SC/ST/OBC and Minority and fails to produce the said certificate in original issued by the competent authorities will be considered as belonging to general merit category regardless of his/her declaration in the application form and the rank assigned to him/her in the said category.
Document Required for COMEDK 2013 Counselling
- COMEDK UGET 2013 - Rank Card (Printed On-line copy).
- 10th standard / SSLC or School Leaving Certificate or any School or Government record indicating the date of birth.
- 12th standard / 2nd PUC or equivalent qualifying examination Marks Card. (Should satisfy the eligibility criteria as in para 9 and 10 above)
- Demand Draft drawn only from the Nationalised banks in favour of 'COMEDK' and Indicating the Test Admission Ticket Number (TAT No. XXXXXXX) there on payable at Bangalore; the list of Nationalized Banks is given at Annexure-III.
DD to be payable at Bangalore
- Demand draft has to be drawn from the nationalized banks listed in Annexure - III.
- Demand Draft will not be accepted without the candidate's TAT number on it. For E.g.
"COMEDK: (TAT No. XXXXXXX)"
- SC/ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka are eligible to claim only the lower eligibility and the seat selection will be only on the basis of merit provided they furnish the following Certificates:
- SC / ST: certificate issued by competent authority (Authorized to issue such a certificate, but not below the rank of a Tahsildar) valid for the year of admission (namely 2013).
- OBC: Category I, IIA, IIB, and IIIA, III B: As notified by the Government of Karnataka; Caste and income certificate issued by Tahsildar or higher revenue jurisdictional authority authorized to issue such certificate valid only for the year of admission (namely 2013). If valid certificates are not furnished, the candidate will be considered under General Merit Category.
4. Minority Candidates
- Minority candidates -Religious (Christian), Linguistics (Telugu / Tulu/ Konkani) shall produce certificate as per Annexure - I.
- Residential/Domicile certificate issued by the competent authority to show that he/she or his/her parents (Father/Mother) has been a resident of Karnataka state for a period of not less than seven years shall be produced as per Annexure-II.
- In the event of furnishing of residential /domicile certificate, proof of either father/ mother of the candidate having studied in Karnataka State for a continuous period of seven years shall also be produced.
(NOTE: During the first round of COMEDK 2013 counselling, candidates can select their seat under General Merit category. However candidates belonging to religious and linguistic minority of Karnataka state can select a seat either under General Merit or in the respective minority institution in the order of merit).
i) Candidates who have selected a seat by submitting their Original documents in the following Institutions / Universities / Agencies may attend the COMEDK 2013 First Round counselling, with one set of attested photocopies of documents, the acknowledgement and the original allotment letter issued by them:
- Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
- JEE (Main)
- JEE (Advanced)
- Deemed Universities of Karnataka State only.
ii) All other candidates have to show the original documents specified as above without which they will not be allowed to participate in the COMEDK 2013 counselling.
Click here to download COMEDK Detailed COUNSELING Brochure
Other Related Links:
Discuss Your Doubts