IIT JEE 2013 has been replaced by JEE MAIN 2013 and JEE Advanced 2013. JEE MAIN 2013 Result has been declared and can be seen by CLICKING HERE.
No exam of IIT JEE will be conducted from next year onwards as it has been replaced by JEE Main 2013 and JEE Advanced 2013. Only top 1.5 lakh rankers of JEE Main 2013 will be allowed to sit for JEE Advanced 2013 which will be the entrance level exam for IITs. For more information regarding this new exam, please visit this following link:
IIT JEE 2013 Entrance Exam is the exam to get admission into the various graduate level courses in the most prestigious institutes in the nation- IITs.
There are 15 IITs in India- IIT Delhi, IIT Roorkee, IIT Kanpur, IIT Bombay, IIT Chennai, IIT Hyderabad, IIT Bhubaneswar, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Indore, IIT Gandhinagar, IIT Patna, IIT Mandi, IIT Ropar and IIT Jodhpur. Like every year, IIT JEE 2013 will be jointly conducted by IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Kanpur, IIT Roorkee and IIT Madras or what are also known as Zonal IITs.
Owing to its highly competitive nature and established name in the whole world, candidates not only from India but across the whole world will participate in IIT JEE 2013. But due to high difficulty level of exam approximately 1% of the candidates will get seats in the prestigious Colleges.
IIT JEE 2013 Entrance Exam Schedule:
Exam will be held on Sunday of first week of April 2013 and will consist of two papers. Paper 1 will be conducted in the morning session (0900 hrs to 1200 hrs) and Paper 2 will be conducted in the evening session (1400 hrs to 1700 hrs).
Important guidelines for IIT JEE 2013:
- Candidates can apply both ONLINE and OFFLINE.
- Candidates using OFFLINE IIT JEE 2013 Application Form should confirm the following:
- Female Candidates purchase the form with PINK color envelope priced Rs. 200/-.
- PD/SC/ST Male Candidates purchase LIGHT BLUE COLOR enveloped form priced RS. 1000/-.
- OBC/General Male Candidates purchase Grey color enveloped form priced Rs. 1800/-.
- The ONLINE Application form fee for IIT JEE 2013 is:
- Rs. 1600/- for OBC/General Male Candidates.
- Rs. 800/- for PD/SC/ST Male Candidates.
- NO FEE at all for Female Candidates.
- Candidates applying in DUBAI city ONLINE will have to pay a FEE of US$ 200.
- General Instructions for filling IIT JEE Entrance Exam ONLINE:
- Candidate should submit only ONE APPLICATION FORM.
- Name of Candidate in Application form should be same as in Bank Challan.
- The completed Application Form must reach the Zonal IIT by the end of second week of December 2013.
- Incomplete forms will be rejected.
- Candidate should darken the BUBBLES appropriately as the IIT JEE 2013 forms will be CHECKED BY MACHINE.
- Candidates cannot change the options once filled in the application form.
- Any correspondence with the Zonal IIT should be made via the IIT JEE 2013 Application Form number. Therefore, candidates are advised to preserve the Application Form Number.
- The Application form Status can be checked by the candidates via sms/website of IIT JEE 2013/IVRS of the zonal IIT. NO Acknowledgements will be sent.
- The Application Fee is non refundable.
- Candidates can apply for Question Papers in Hindi or English for. This choice should be made carefully as no change can be done at later stages.
- Candidates having any PD or POOR VISION can send a request letter to The Chairman, JEE Zonal IIT, and get IIT JEE 2013 question paper in LARGE FONTS.
- The BLIND Candidates can also send a request for AMANUENSIS.
- The request for Change of Examination Center will be entertained ONLY in Exceptional cases and candidates requesting such change should send a request letter and DD of Rs.1000/- in favor of Chairman, JEE of Zonal IIT, along with their Registration Numbers.
- Use of Electronic Devices including calculators, mobile phones, iPod etc and log tables, notebooks etc are not allowed in the Examination hall.
- Eligibility Criteria for IIT JEE 2013:
- Candidates of OBC and General category who are born on or after first week of October 1988 are eligible for.
- Candidates of ST/SC/PD category who are born on or after first week of October 1983 are eligible.
- Candidates should have qualified any one of the qualifying exam mentioned in the list given in IIT JEE 2013 prospectus with 60% marks in first attempt for OBC and General category and 55% marks in first attempt for PD/ST/SC candidates.
- Maximum number of attempts at JEE is 02. Hence the candidates who have attempted JEE in 2011 or earlier are not eligible for IIT JEE 2013.
- The Reservation of Seats in IIT JEE 2013:
- Candidates belonging to OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) will have 27% reservation of Seats in all IITs, ISM Dhanbad and IT-BHU Varanasi.
- Candidates belonging to ST and SC categories will have 7.5% and 15% reservation of seats.
- Candidates with a physical disability of 40% or above will have a reservation of 3%.
- Procedure for ONLINE IIT JEE 2013 form filling:
- ONLINE applications can be made on the official website of IIT JEE 2013 Entrance Exam.
- This ONLINE Application Portal will remain open from last week of October 2013 to last week of December 2013.
- Payment for ONLINE IIT JEE 2013 Application form will be done by depositing Bank Challans at given Banks for INDIAN Candidates and via a DD of US$ 200 drawn in favor of Chairman, JEE, IIT DELHI for candidates opting Dubai as the exam center.
- Candidates should take a print out of the completely filled Application Form, sign it, paste the photographs at the specified place, attach the required certificates and send it to the JEE office of the Zonal IIT after pasting the printed Address Slip.
- The completed Application Forms for IIT JEE 2013 should reach the Zonal IITs by the second week of December 2013.
- The Application Status can be checked after a week of Application submission on the website.
- Procedure for OFFLINE Application:
- The sale of OFFLINE OMR Application Forms will begin at various Bank Branches as mentioned in the IIT JEE 2013 prospectus.
- The BUBBLES on the Application Form should be darkened properly.
Application Form should not be smudged, cut, wrinkled or torn. No stray marks or whitener marks should be made on the form.
- The IIT JEE 2013 Application form should be filled with only Black/Blue ball point pen and NO other gel/felt/ink pen.
- The candidates should fill the BUBBLES in form with extreme care as the BUBBLED Data will be taken as final even if the form filled data and the BUBBLED data don’t match and the from filled data is correct.
- The candidates should check that they have placed signatures, pasted photographs, and attached a duly attested photocopy of proof of their date of birth, prior to sending the IIT JEE 2013 application form.
- The candidates should preserve their IIT JEE 2013 Application form numbers for future use.
- The completed Application Forms should be sent to the offices of Zonal IITs by the last week of December 2013.
- ABOUT ADMIT CARDS:
- Admit cards will be sent to the candidates via Speed/Registered Post. Candidates should check for any discrepancies in the admit cards at once and preserve the admit cards till the admission process for IIT JEE 2013 is complete.
- In case, Admit Card is not received by the second week of March 2013, candidate can obtain his/her registration number and examination center through phone/Website. Then candidate should write the Name, Examination Center and Registration Number on an A4 sized sheet twice as identical halves of which one would be kept for the Office use and one for the candidate’s use for IIT JEE 2013 Entrance Exam.
- About Results :
- The IIT JEE 2013 Results will be announced by the 3rd week Of May 2013 in the form of All India Ranking.
- Candidates can view the answer keys of exam on the website after the second week of May 2013.
- The candidates who have given both-Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be valid for result assessment.
- List of Official websites for IIT JEE 2013:
Other Related Links:Discuss Your Doubts