DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2017 – The recruitment notification for the post of Scientist ‘B’ has been released by DRDO. The recruitment is only open for the GATE qualifiers, who will also fulfil the eligibility criteria of DRDO recruitment. For the final selection, the exam score, as well as, the performance in interview round will be considered. Interested candidates may check important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, selection methodology and more information about DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2017 from the article below.
Salient Features of DRDO Recruitment via GATE
Organization Name: Defence Research & Development Organization (DRDO)
- Categorized Under: Ministry of Defence, Government of Indian
- Number of Vacancies: Will be notified soon
- For the Post of: Scientist ‘B’
- Pay Scale: Will be notified soon
Important Dates of DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2017
The crucial dates related to DRDO 2017 Recruitment and GATE 2017 are as below:
|Application form for GATE released on||September 1, 2016|
|Last date to submit application form|
|Admit card for GATE 2017 released on|
|GATE 2017 will be held on||February 4, 5, 11, and 12, 2017|
|Application form DRDO recruitment will release on||Will be notified|
|The deadline to submit DRDO application from||Will be notified|
Selection Procedure of DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2017
No doubt DRDO recruitment is one of the most sought after. Hence, increasing the number of applicants, and to choose the best among the lot; the Recruitment Assessment Center (RAC) of DRDO uses the following selection mechanism.
Shortlisting of GATE Qualifiers: The GATE 2017 qualifiers will be shortlisted for the interview round. The shortlisting will be done in 1:5 ratio, to the vacancies.
Personal Interview: The shortlisted candidates will then be issued call letters, in which date, venue, and other details will be mentioned. Next, the candidates will have to appear for interview in Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, or Pune center. To clear the interview round, the UR and OBC candidates will have to secure 70% marks, whereas, the SC/ST/PwD candidates need to secure 60% marks.
Final Merit: The announcement of the recruited candidates will be done through final merit list. It will be prepared discipline and category wise. The selection of the candidates for the final merit list will be done giving 80% weightage to GATE score and remaining 20% to Personal Interview score.
DRDO Recruitment through GATE 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Nationality: It is to be noted that only the nationals of India will be recruited.
Age: Will be notified soon
GATE: The candidates should have qualified GATE 2017, with a valid score.
Education Qualification: The required education qualification for DRDO recruitment is as below:
- The applicant should have completed UG Engineering/Technology course.
- Candidate must have passed with a first class degree in the undergraduate course.
- The course must have been completed from a recognized institute.
Note: Candidates pursuing last year of their degree course may also apply. However, must ensure that their final result should be released on or before August 10, 2016.
For detailed information regarding upcoming GATE, use the links below:
|GATE 2017||Click Here|
|GATE 2017 Application Form||Click Here|
|GATE 2017 Admit Card||Click Here|
DRDO Recruitment via GATE 2017 Application Process
- The date for the release of DRDO recruitment via GATE 2017 application form will be announced soon.
- However, candidates should note that the form will be released online and in it, candidates will have to mention personal, educational and various other details.
- The form will not be complete until candidates fill GATE Registration Number in it. The number will be allocated through admit card.
- For the final submission, candidates will also have to submit the application fee of Rs. 100. The amount could be paid online via Net Banking, Debit/Credit card etc.
Note: The information mentioned in the DRDO application form should vary with that filled in GATE application form.
Phone Number: 011‐2381096/011‐23830599/