DASA PG 2017 is not an entrance test but is an admission procedure. The candidates studying/staying aboard, who wish to receive admission in Indian institutes, are required to Register for DASA PG. The Application Form for DASA PG 2017 will release on April 19, 2017. Candidates will be able to apply until June 22, 2017. The admission through DASA PG is granting after assessment of the candidate’s performance in GRE/GMAT score. The score shall also be submitted until June 22, 2017. To receive admission, the candidates are also required to fulfil the eligibility criteria. Interested aspirants aiming to pursue higher education like PG engineering courses from NITs, IIITs, etc may check important dates, registration process, eligibility criteria, seat allotment and more details on DASA PG 2017 admission details from the article below.
- Full Form of CCMT: Direct Admission of Students Abroad
- Conducting Institute: Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur
- Admission Through: GRE/GMAT
Through DASA PG, the admission will be granted in the following institutes:
|S.No||Category of Participating Institute||Number of Institutes|
|1.||National Institute of Technology (NITs)||20 NITs|
|2.||Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs)||3 IIITs|
|3.||Central Universities, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions, and SPAs||10 CFTIs|
Note: Candidates may check the complete list of DASA PG 2017 Participating Institutes by click on the heading of this paragraph+
All the important dates of DASA PG 2017 have been updated in the table below. The candidates may check it to track the events of the examination.
|Online application form will be released on||April 19, 2017|
|The GRE/GMAT general test score can be submitted until||June 22, 2017|
|Seat allotment result for round 1 will release on||July 03, 2017|
|Candidates allocated seat in round 1 are required to confirm seat by||July 03 to 10, 2017|
|Seat allotment result for round 2 will release in||July 12, 2017|
|Candidates who have been allocated seat in round 2 must confirm it till||July 12 to 17, 2017|
|Reporting at the allocated institutes has to be done in||July 19 to 24, 2017|
DASA PG 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria of DASA PG 2017 to be ensured by the interested candidates are as below:
|Age||No age bar|
|Residential Criteria||Applicant should be fall under either of the categories:
DASA PG 2017 Application Process
The application form of DASA 2017 will only be available online and candidates will not be able to submit it through any other medium. The process to submit DASA PG Application Form 2017 is as below:
- Access the link which will be uploaded here.
- Candidates will have to register by furnishing Email ID, captcha and then click on “Create my account”.
- Check e-mail id and use the Application ID mentioned in it to login.
- Create Password and then confirm it.
- After completing these details, the registration will be done.
- Candidates must keep the Application ID and Password safely.
Filling and Submitting DASA PG 2017 Application Form:
- After the registration, enter E-mail Id and password to login.
- Enter choices for the course and colleges. The choices should be entered in the choice of priority.
- Fill required details in the application form.
- Next, the candidates will have to upload scanned photograph and signature.
- Click on “Submit the online application form” and download and save the final copy of it.
DASA PG 2017 Fee Details
The table below showcases the fee details under DASA PG 2017 process.
Amount (in US $)
Registration and 1st Semester Tuition Fee
Tuition Fee for Subsequent semesters
2000 or 1000 (as applicable)
To be paid directly to the Institute
Hostel & Other Expenses
400-800 per annum
To be paid directly to the Institute
DASA conducting body will only be liable for the payment of the registration and first semester fee. Candidates may submit it through ICICI SWIFT Transfer facility or through Debit/Credit card.
DASA PG 2017 Seat Allotment and Admission Process
The process of Seat Allotment for DASA PG 2017 is as follows:
Selection Process and Merit Preparation: The seats to the candidates will be allocated on the basis of GRE score and the submitted choices for the courses and colleges. On the basis of the received data, the conducting body will prepare a merit list. If the rank/merit of more than one candidate will collide the following process will be followed:
- Candidates with more marks in GRE Analytical Writing then followed by Quantitative Reasoning will be given priority.
- If the tie still prevails, then elder candidates will be allocated higher rank.
Allotment of Course and Institute: Allotment shall be done round wise. Most probably, two rounds of DASA PG 2017 counselling will be held. The seat allotment result will be released online and the candidates will be sent an e-mail or allotment letter on the registered e-mail id. The candidate will then be required to confirm the seat or opt for the next round of allotment.
Reporting at the Institute: The candidates who will confirm the allocated seat will be required to report after the second round of counselling. The deadline for reporting will be announced soon.
DASA PG 2017 after Allotment Process
Once the selection is done, the candidates will have to ensure that they acquire Indian Visa, ensure that they are medically fit, and look for accommodation (if hostel not allotted).
DASA PG 2017 Contact Details
Address: Coordinator DASA 2016,
DASA office, National Institute of Technology Srinagar
Hazratbal, Srinagar-190 006,
Jammu & Kashmir, India