DASA 2017 Application Form: The application form of DASA 2017 has been released on April 01, 2017 by Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur in the online mode. Only those candidates who belong to foreign nationals/persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)/ Non-Resident Indians/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) under the DASA scheme will be able to submit the online DASA application form 2017 along with required fee and supporting documents until June 12. All the candidates also have to send their current SAT scores through college board with institute code 7035 to the authority before the last date. The application fees will be separate for general candidates and SAARC candidates. The DASA 2017 application fees must be paid only through e-payment or SWIFT transfer (through CANARA Bank) along with the tuition fees of the first semester. To get all the details and procedure related to DASA 2017 Application Form read the article below.
Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) is the scheme launched by MHRD, government of India for the admission of the foreign nationals, PIOs, NRIs, OCIs and for the students of India studying abroad. The admission will be granted into the undergraduate engineering courses offered by NITs, IIITs, SPAs and other technical institutes.
DASA 2017 Application Form Dates
The scheduled dates related to DASA application form 2017:
|S. No.||DASA 2017 Application Events||Dates|
|1.||Online DASA 2017 registration started from||April 01, 2017|
|2.||Last date to apply for DASA 2017||June 12, 2017|
|3.||Seat Allotment process starts from||June 19, 2017|
Documents required before filling the DASA 2017 Application Form
Before applying for DASA 2017, the candidates will be required to keep the following scanned documents ready for uploading. Check the list of documents and its specifications.
|S. No.||Documents to be uploaded||Specifications|
|1.||Recent passport size photograph||3.5 cm x 3.5 cm||JPG||100 KB||–|
|3.||Applicant’s Passport||–||JPG/JPEG||500 KB||Black & White/ Gray Scale|
|4.||Proof for date of birth||–||JPG/JPEG||500 KB||Black & White/ Gray Scale|
|5.||X, XI and XII mark sheet||–||JPG/JPEG||500 KB||Black & White/ Gray Scale|
|6.||Proof for completion of XI and XII||–||JPG/JPEG||500 KB||Black & White/ Gray Scale|
|7.||Fee payment details if paid by SWIFT transfer||–||JPG/JPEG||500 KB||Black & White/ Gray Scale|
Points to be noted
- The candidates can use the image editing software to resize the photograph and documents. They must also note that the scanned documents must be readable.
- The citizens of Nepal, who do not have their passport can submit the copy of Authenticated Citizenship Card in the application form.
Procedure to fill DASA 2017 Application Form
For the admission in the engineering under Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA) scheme, the candidates will have to fill the Application Form of DASA, online. It is available from April 01, 2017 to June 12, 2017. The candidates must go through the DASA Eligibility Criteria, before filling the application form. Check the elaborated procedure to fill the application form below.
The online process of application form includes the following steps
Step 1: Registration
In order to apply, the candidates must register themselves first by creating an account. To create an account, follow the procedure given below:
- Email ID – The email ID must be valid, as the link will be mailed to the registered mail ID.
- Captcha words
- Click on ‘Create my account’
- An email will be sent to the registered mail ID. The candidates must check their mail and click on the link for further registration.
- Enter the Applicant ID
- Re-enter password
- Click on register.
- Once the details will be filled, the registration process will be completed.
The candidates are requested to note down the Applicant ID and Password, which will be displayed on the screen for the future references.
Step 2: Filling the DASA 2017 Application Form
After registering successfully, the candidates must login using the application ID and password. Now, fill the following details to fill the Application Form of DASA 2017:
- Personal Information– the basic personal information such as name of the candidate, father’s name, mother’s name, gender and more information about the applicant’s personal life will have to filled by the candidates.
- Academic Qualifications– The details regarding their qualifying examination like class X and XII marks, board details and SAT subject test details will be asked.
- Contact Information– Registered email ID, mobile number, address, permanent address and more information will be filled by the candidates.
- Along with this information, the candidates will have to select any number of preferences for the courses and institutes in which they want to avail admission. The selection will be done in the choice of priority.
Step 3: Uploading scanned photograph and documents in DASA Application Form 2017
The candidates will be required to upload the photograph, signature and other relevant documents in the Application Form of DASA 2017, as per the specifications mentioned above. The documents must be uploaded, else the candidates will not be allowed to move to the next step.
Step 4: Submission of DASA Application Form
The candidates are advised to preview the application form before submitting. If finds any mistakes in the form, they can go back and Edit the application form. If the candidates will be satisfied with the details filled in the form, they can click on ‘Submit’. The submitted application must be downloaded and preserved by clicking on ‘Download the application form’.
Step 5: Payment of Application Fee
The candidates must have to submit the application fee to complete the application procedure. The application fee can be paid in two modes: e-payment or SWIFT transfers. The applicants will have to pay the first semester tuition fees along with the application fee. The tuition fees will be refunded if the candidates will not be allotted any seat or will withdraws before the specific period of time. The online/e-payment can be done through debit or credit cards. After successful transaction, the candidates will receive the generation ID. The details for the SWIFT transfer will be updated soon.
DASA 2017 Application Form – Click here, to apply
DASA 2017 Application Fee
Candidates can check the application fee in the table down below.
|S. No.||Category of the Applicants||Application Fee||First Semester Tuition Fee|
|1.||Foreign Nationals||US$ 300||US $ 4000|
|2.||Foreign Nationals from SAARC countries||US$ 300||US $ 2000|
Important Details about DASA 2017 Application Form
- The candidates must note that the application forms cannot be submitted in any other modes.
- All the information must be filled carefully in the Application Form of DASA 2017. Once the application form will be submitted, the details cannot be modified.
- Application forms without the application fees will not be accepted.
- The SAT subject scores of the candidates must reach to the organising body before the due date which is, June 12, 2017.
Candidates can stay updated through, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/ for any information on DASA 2017.