Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT)is one of the reputed Institutes of Cochin that provides the various professional degree courses to the aspiring candidates. Institute is approved by Government of India for providing education to the aspiring candidates. Courses offered by the Institute is approved by AICTE on completion of which helps us to get excellent placement facilities provided by the Institute. Institute was established under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 for providing various under graduate and post graduate courses to the candidates.
Exam Time Table:
Date of Exam:
May 05, 2012, Saturday
May 06, 2012 Sunday
B.Tech Lateral Entry
May 13, 2012, Sunday
CUSAT CAT 2012: Reservation of seats
- For kerala students 50% seats reserved ( Free seats on the basis of CUSAT 2012 score )
- For other states 40% seats reserved ( Payment seats on the basis CUSAT 2012 score ), except in 3 branches 10% seats reserved for Naval,Polymer,ICE
CUSAT CAT 2012: Courses Offered
- Civil Engg.
- Computer Science & Engg.
- Electrical & Electronics Engg.
- Electronics & Communication Engg.
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engg. and
- Naval Architecture & Ship Building
- Safety & Fire Engg.
- Instrumentation Technology**
- Marine Engg.***
CUSAT CAT 2012: Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification: Pass in Plus Two Examination of the State of Kerala with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as optional subjects or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto securing a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together.
Exam Date for CUSAT CAT 2012: 5th May 2012, Saturday
CUSAT CAT 2012: Colleges under Exam
Cochin University of Science and Technology
Important :CUSAT Online registration will commence on 15th January, 2012.
Mode of Submission of CUSAT 2012 Online Application Form
Only Online applications will be considered for all B.Tech Programs including Lateral Entry Programs, 5 year Integrated M.Sc in Photonics, 5 year B.B.A. LL.B ( Hons. ), M.Tech. and Post Graduate Programs.
For M.Phil, M.A Translation in German & Russian, Ph.D, Diploma and Certificate programs, applications can be had from the concerned Departments / Schools / Centres either directly or by post.
Submission of CUSAT 2012 Online Application Form for International ( foreign ) Students :
International students are exempted from the requirement of admission tests for the academic programs of the Cochin University. They can apply either on self – financing or through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations ( ICCR ) attached to the Ministry of Human Resources Development of the Government of India.
The ICCR offers a number of scholarships to enable International students to pursue higher studies in Universities and other recognized institutions of higher learning in India. Details regarding the various ICCR Scholarships can be had from the following :
The Programme Director,
Indian Council for Cultural Relations,
Azad Bhavan, Indraprastha Estate,
New Delhi - 110 002,
Phone No. : 91 - 011 - 23379309 / 23379310,
Fax : 91 - 011 - 23378639 / 23378647 / 23370732 /
Website : http://www.iccrindia.org. The Regional Officer,
Indian Council for Cultural Relations,
TC 16 / 131, Rohini Easwara Vilasam Road,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695 014,
Phone No. : 0471 – 2326712 / 2320825,
Fax : 0471 – 2332479,
Website : http://www.iccrindia.org.
The international students are required to submit the application through online for the academic programs of the University on payment of US$ 100 by way of Demand Draft / Pay order / any other instrument ( which does not involve collection charges on the part of the University ) in favour of “Registrar, CUSAT”.
Applicants who have successfully registered online with CUSAT may forward an advance copy of the confirmation page along with the payment and the following documents to the following address :
Kochi – 682 022,
The original confirmation page along with copies of certificates mentioned below shall be routed through the Embassy of India in the respective country.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Copies of mark lists / transcripts of all examinations undergone.
- Two copies of recent passport size photographs.
- Character certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- Reference letters from two persons who have intimate knowledge of their academic capabilities.
- Copy of Passport.
- Students from Nepal do not require a student visa for studying in India. But they should forward a copy of the Nepal citizenship card to the Embassy of India in Kathmandu for verification and for onward transmission to CUSAT.
CUSAT Entrance Fee Details 2012 :
1. CUSAT Application Fee 2012 :
Application Fee ( Rupees )*
SC / ST
Foreign Students ( US $ )
B. Tech / LET / MSc, / MA, MCA, MBA, LLB, LLM, M. Tech, M. Phil, Ph.D
*The fee has to be remitted at SBI or SBT branches by cash or by online payment using credit / debit cards. For M.Phil., and Ph.D., Diploma, Certificate and MA translation courses the application is to be obtained from respective Departments. The DD for these courses is to be drawn in favour of “Registrar, CUSAT”, payable atCochin.
2. Mode of payment for online applications :
- By cash payment at SBI or SBT bank using the chellan that can be printed out during online filling of applications. After the payment, relogin and enter the Journal No, Branch Name and Branch Code.
- By payment gateway using Credit / Debit / ATM card.
3. Mode of payment for DAT application :
By DD for required amount drawn in favour of “Registrar, CUSAT” payable at Cochin, issued by SBT or SBI ONLY.
Candidates should write his / her name and Application No. on upper left hand corner of the reverse side of the DD. The DD should be taken on or after the date of CAT 2012 Notification. DD taken after the last date fixed for the submission of application will not be accepted.
Other Related Link
- CUSAT CAT 2012
- CUSAT CAT 2012 Exam Pattern
- CUSAT CAT 2012 Notification
- CUSAT CAT 2012 Eligibility Criteria
- CUSAT CAT 2012 Important Dates
- CUSAT CAT 2012 Application Form Details
- CUSAT CAT 2012 Result
- CUSAT CAT 2012 Answer key
- CUSAT CAT 2012 FAQS
Discuss Your Doubts