CUSAT CAT 2017 Exam Pattern helps the candidates in having an idea about the format of the entrance test. CUSAT CAT 2017 is expected to be held in the last week of April 2017. Students aspiring for admission to Cochin University of Science and Technology through the common admission test must be aware of the Exam Pattern of CUSAT CAT 2017. Question paper pattern of the entrance exam will guide aspirants to understand the mode of the paper, number of sections, difficulty level of questions, duration etc. Interested candidates can scroll below to check the detailed CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern 2017.
To prepare for the Common Admission Test in a more effective way, candidates must give this article a read. By knowing about the structure of the question paper, aspirants will be able to prepare in a more effective way for CUSAT CAT 2017. It will help students to create a proper plan for the examination. Candidates must go through the article given below to understand about the entire test pattern of the examination.
CUSAT CAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The following are the Exam Format of CUSAT CAT 2017:
Test Code: The test code for the first degree programmes in Engineering and Technology is 101.
b: Both the papers of CUSAT CAT 2017 will be held in the offline mode.
Total number of Papers
The entrance exam will consist of two papers:
- Paper 1: This paper will comprise Questions from Mathematics
- Paper 2: In this paper, there will be questions from Physics and Chemistry
Type of Questions: Both the papers will bear objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Total number of Questions: There will a total number of 250 questions in the paper. Questions will be divided among Physics and Chemistry. The distribution of questions is given below:
- The paper of Mathematics will bear a total number of 125 questions.
- The other paper will also have a total number of 125 questions which will be divided among Physic and Chemistry in the ratio 3:2.
|S. No.||Subjects||Total number of Questions|
Total number of Marks: The total marks combining both the papers is 750.
- Every correct answer will be awarded 3 marks.
- There will be a deduction of 1 mark for every incorrect answer.
- If a question is left unattempted, no marks will be either be deducted or awarded.
- Maximum time allotted for Paper 1: 180 minutes (3 hours)
- Maximum time allotted for Paper 2: 180 minutes (3 hours)
The questions in both the papers will be based on the syllabus prescribed for plus two level. Candidates must also note that separate minimum score of 10 marks in each of the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics is compulsory for being qualified to be included in the Rank List of CUSAT CAT 2017. This requirement, however, will not be applicable for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
For more updates on CUSAT CAT 2017, keep visiting engg.entrancecorner.com