CUSAT CAT 2017 Seat Allotment: CUSAT CAT seat allotment process will be conducted by Cochin University of Science and Technology in the online mode. The CUSAT CAT Seat Allotment 2017 will commence from May 27 after completion of the registration from CUSAT CAT counselling. The candidates will be required to register themselves for the admission to undergraduate engineering courses. After registration, the university will publish the result of seat allotment. It will contain the opening and closing rank of the particular branch and for certain engineering colleges. The Allotment procedure of CUSAT CAT will be done for the eligible candidates on the basis of their merit rank, availability of seats and preferences of colleges. The admissions to the reserved as well as unreserved categories will be done on the basis of merit rank. The candidates with higher rank will be allotted better seat. The CUSAT CAT 2017 Seat Allotment provides the details about the process of admission.
Note: For B Tech Marine Engineering, the candidates need to pay fee for 1st year at the time of admission, while for all other courses, the candidates are required to pay fee for only 1st semester alone at the time of admission.
Latest: CUSAT CAT 2017 Seat Matrix – Check here
Process of Seat CUSAT CAT 2017 Seat Allotment
- Before the process of CUSAT CAT Seat Allotment 2017, the candidates must register themselves providing the relevant information.
- While registering, the aspirants must select any number of colleges and courses in which they want to get admission into.
- On the basis of examination scores, the university will prepare the CUSAT CAT Merit List, which will contain the rank of candidates.
- As per the rank of candidates, availability of seats and preferences of courses and colleges, the Seat Allotment 2017 process will be done.
- Higher the rank will be, better seat will be allotted.
- Similarly, lower the rank will be, lesser the opportunity to get better seats.
- Each college will publish their opening and closing rank which will depend upon the number of candidates applying for it and number of seats.
- There will be an opening and closing cutoff for each branch of engineering.
- During the CUSAT CAT 2017 Seat Allotment, the rank-wise allocation of seats will be done.
- The result for online seat allotment will be published on the website of the university with the schedule of reporting to the college.
- The university will select top rankers and will call them first for Seat Allotment.
- The candidates, who will not be allotted seat in the first round can participate in the subsequent rounds.
- All the relevant documents must be carried by the candidates at the counselling venue for the verification purpose.
- If any candidate failed to submit any of the requisite document/certificates, they will not be allowed for admission and will be disqualified from the CUSAT CAT 2017 Seat Allotment procedure.
- After the documents will be verified, the candidates must pay the tuition fee in the prescribed format.
- The candidates who will be allotted seats in the first round, can either accept, float or withdraw it.
- The university will conduct two more rounds of CUSAT CAT 2017 Seat Allotment, if there will be vacant seats left.
- At the end, if the seats will be left vacant, the authority will organise spot admission, to fill the empty seats in undergraduate engineering courses.
As per the Seat Allotment of CUSAT CAT 2017 policy by the university, the following distribution scheme will be applied:
- 50% seats – State Merit Seats (For Keralites only)
- 40% seats – All India Merit Seats (All over India)
- 10% Seats – For NRIs
In CUSAT CAT 2017 Seat Allotment, 10% admission will be granted to the All India candidates, and 90% seats will be allotted to state merit candidates in B.Tech programme in Naval Architecture & Ship Building, Instrumentation Technology, & Polymer Science and Engineering.
For more information on CUSAT CAT 2017, stay tuned to, http://engg.entrancecorner.com/