Counselling Procedure For Admision to 1st Year B.TECH / B.PHARMA
The last date to deposit fee for online counselling, for outside Punjab candidates (15 % category) based on AIEEE-2010, is extended from 10 June to 12 June 2010. However, online choice filling shall be from 15 June to 22 June 2010
PTU will held joint online counseling procedure for admission to 1st year B.TECH / B.PHARMA course for colleges affiliated to Jalandhar , GNDU Amritsar, PAU Ludhiana and Punjabi university Patiala based on CET-2010/ AIEEE-10 results as applicable.
Counselling Fee:- Counseling fee for CET –To participate in online counseling every candidate belonging to 85% irrespective of his/her category shall have to deposit counseling fee of 2500/- and counseling fees of 3050/- shall be applicable to 15% candidate by following ways.
- Log into www.ptu.ac.in
- Fill the respective roll no. and Date of Birth
- Select from any designated bank (i.e AXIS, HDFC,PNB,UCO) as listed in the website where students tends to deposit his/her counseling fees through cash
- Take a printout of the E- deposit slip.
- Deposit cash in the respective bank.
- Payment of counseling fee can be done online with the help of credit /debit card of any bank(Master card or Visa Card).
- Counseling fee for 85% and 15% can be paid between 25/5/2010 to 10/6/2010 for 1st round and for 2nd round counseling fee can be paid between 27/6/2010 to 1/7/2010 (if not paid in the 1st round.
Note: No manual cash deposit slip shall be entertained in anyone of the following banks.Only those candidates will be able to participate who have deposited the counseling fees on time.
Name of Bank
- Online Registration: Having paid the counseling fee Candidate shall log onto www.ptuadmissions.nic.in where registration form shall be displayed on the screen with the following parameters manadatery for successful registration i.e: Roll. No., Rank,Candidate Name, Date of birth. In case of AIEEE Candidates Roll No, AIEEE all india Rank, Candidate Name, Date of birth.
- If all the four parameters have entered correctly and found true .Then a new registration screen will appear and candidate may register himself/herself
- Candidates shall be required to fill in the basic details, which shall be used for choice filling and seat allotment including the candidate user ID which is his/her Roll.No and password as generated by candidate.
- After successful Registration He/She will get the confirmation message on the same page. In case confirmation message is not displayed the candidate has to register ,then please reregister himself.
- It is in the interest of the candidate to remember his password and keep it highly confidential to avoid misuse by another candidates. For which PTU/NIC shall not be responsible.
- Choice Filling :After successful login Candidate’s homepage is opened and following options aredisplayed:
- Registration Details : registrationdetail is important for set allotment and should be filled very carefully.
- Edit Registration : Any mistake can be corrected in the above through “Edit Registration “ option.
- Available Choices; Provide a list of colleges and branches thereof.
- Fill choices: Canidate can fill the choice of college or branches of choice in order of preferences.It is in the interest of candidate to fill choices of maximum Number of colleges and branches available. Candidate can also alter the filled choices.
- Display Filled Choices: choices entered by candidates will be displayed in different form so that He/She can check already entered information.
- Allotment of seats: after the choice filling period is over all filled choices of all the registered candidates will be considered for allotment of seats as per merit (Rank) and category of the candidate.
7.Result Declaration: On the date of result declaration candidate can take printout of provisional allotment letter of College/branches from the website http://www.ptuadmissions.nic.in by login into his account. The allotment of seat is purely provisional and subject to verification of original certifictes and payment of college fees at the time of in the allotted institute.
- Candidates are required to report to their allotted institutions withn the specified period (as per the counseling schedule) along with the documents /Testimonials/ Certificates and pay college Fee as prescribed in the prospectus. If candidtes don’t report in specified period their allotted seats shall be cancelled. and candidates shall have no claim on seats.Whatsoever it is in the interest of the candidate to report at the earliest to the allotted College
- Candidate falling under 85%CET and 15%AIEEE irrespective of whather they have been allotted a seat or not allotted seat or could not join allotted institution or could not participate in the earlier round can participate in the second phase of the counseling
- For second round of counseling candidate can deposit 2500/- for 85% category and 3050/- for 15% category(.if not deposited earlier) as counseling charges in the designated branches of banks in the sr. no 3.
- The Detailed instruction regarding the online counseling shall be available on the webite www.ptuadmissions.nic.in. and www.ptu.ac.in . Candidates are advised to go through detailes thoroughly through these sites before registration.
Helpline Numbers : 01822662536,37,38
Online Counseling Schedule
Registration and choice filling
Declaration of result
Reporting time at allocated institute
1st Round (85% category & 15% category)
15.06.2010(1100hrs) to 22.062010(1700hrs)
28.06.2010 to 02.07.2010
2nd Round( 85% category)
6.08.2010(1100hrs) to 8.08.2010
22.07.2010 to 15.07.2010
2nd Round (15% category)
20.08.2010(1100hrs) to 22.08.2010(1700hrs)
27.07.2010 to 31.07.2010
Fee deposit Counseling
25.05.2010 to 10.06.2010
27.06.2010 to 01.07.2010
Discuss Your Doubts