COMEDK UGET 2017: The Consortium has announced the exam date for the upcoming COMEDK UGET. This year, the examination will be held on May 07, 2017. The examination will be held in CBT mode, across the country. The Government and Private engineering colleges of the Karnataka will grant admission on the basis of COMEDK 2017. Candidates who wish to appear in the examination can check all important details about the eligibility criteria, participate Institutes, important dates, and more of COMEDK UGET 2017, from this page.
Note: Candidates from different states across the country can apply for COMEDK UGET 2017.
Exam Name: Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test, (COMEDK UGT) 2017.
Conducted by: Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK).
- COMEDK UGET 2017 will be held for admission in various undergraduate engineering courses offered by the COMEDK Participating Institutions in the state of Karnataka.
- There are around 187 Participating Institutes that offers a total no. of 29 undergraduate engineering courses.
- Candidates who want to apply for COMEDK UGET 2017 will need to register online and fill up the Application Form of COMEDK UGET 2017.
- Candidates must fulfill the prescribed eligibility criteria in order to appear in the examination.
- Candidates from across the country can apply for COMEDK UGET 2017 as it is not mandatory for the candidates to hold a domicile of Karnataka.
- Candidates who have successfully applied for the examination will be able to download the Admit Card of COMEDK UGET 2017 once it is released by the concerned authority.
- The examination will be held in 151 cities across the country.
- The question paper will consist of 60 multiple choice questions for each section.
- The Answer Key of COMEDK UGET 2017 will be released after the conclusion of the examination.
- The Result of COMEDK UGET 2017 will be announced online.
- The counselling for COMEDK UGET 2017 will be done in two rounds and it will be a single window counselling.
- Candidates will have to attend the counselling in person. Registration is mandatory for every candidate in order to take part in the seat allotment process.
For now, only the Exam Date has been announced by the conducting body. However, the candidates may refer to the table below to check the tentative duration for the events of the examination.
|Availability of information Bulletin||2nd week of February, 2017|
|Online registration and submission of Application for COMEDK UGET 2017 starts from||2nd week of February, 2017|
|Last Date of Online Registration and Submission of Application Form||1st week of April, 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||Last Week of April, 2017|
|COMEDK UGET 2017 is due to be held on||May 07, 2017|
|Publication of Answer Key||2nd week of May, 2017|
|Last date for submission of objection, if any, regarding Answer key||3rd week of May, 2017|
|Declaration of Result||Last Week of May, 2017|
|Counselling of COMEDK UGET 2017||2nd week of June, 2017|
Before applying for the examination, candidates should check the Eligibility Criteria of COMEDK UGET 2017. All the candidates should fulfill the specified eligibility criteria to be eligible for COMEDK UGET 2017. Candidates who do not fulfill the eligibility criteria will not be granted admission under any circumstances. Candidates can check the COMEDK UGET 2017 Eligibility Criteria in the table given below:
- To be eligible for COMEDK UGET 2017, it is not mandatory for every candidate to hold a domicile of Karnataka. Therefore, candidates hailing from different states of the country can apply for COMEDK UGET 2017.
- Diploma holders cannot apply for COMEDK UGET 2017.
Only Candidates who belongs to Hyderabad- Karnataka region or belongs to Tulu or Telugu or Tamil Linguistic Minorities are entitled for seat reservation. There is no reservation of seats for any other category. Candidates claiming Minority / Hyderabad Karnataka status have to produce a valid certificate at the time of Counselling. Candidates who fail to produce the required documents will not be allotted seats under the reservation claimed.
- Candidates need to register online before filling up the application form.
- Candidates have to provide their mobile no. and email ID at the time of registration.
- After the completion of the entry of all the details, candidates will receive an application ID and password generated by the system to their registered mobile no. and email ID.
- Candidates have to enter the application no. and password to login and start filling up the application form.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned copy if their recent passport size color photograph and signature as per specifications.
- Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 1200 through Net banking/ Credit card/ Debit card or through Bank Challan at any branch of Axis Bank.
- Candidates have to take a print out of the application form and get the signature of the principal of the college/ institution where they have last studied along with the seal of the Institute/ College.
- Candidates will have to take the attested application form at the time of counselling.
- COMEDK UGET 2017 will be held in 151 cities across the country.
- Candidates will be allotted the exam centres on first come first serve basis.
- Candidates have to select the Exam centres at the time of filling up the Application form.
- Candidates cannot change the option of city chosen as the exam centre after the submission of the application form under any circumstances.
Candidates can check the first 10 Exam Centres of COMEDK UGET 2017 in the table below:
To check the complete list of COMEDK UGET 2017 click on the link given above (Link will be provided soon)
- The Admit Card for COMEDK UGET 2017 is also known as Online Test Admission Ticket (TAT).
- The admit card will only be available online. No Test Admission Ticket (TAT) will be dispatched either by email or post or courier or in person to the candidates under any circumstances.
- Before downloading the admit card, candidates must ensure to check all the details mentioned in the admit card and read the instructions printed in it carefully.
- Candidates should ensure to take the admit card along with them on the examination day. Candidates without the admit card will not be allowed to appear in the examination under any circumstances.
- Candidates also have to produce the admit card at the time of counselling and retain it until the completion of the admission process.
The syllabus of COMEDK UGET 2017 provides the subject wise syllabus prescribed for the examination. The examination is based on the existing syllabus of 10 + 2 / 12th STD / 2nd PUC. The syllabus consist units from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates must have complete knowledge about the syllabus and make sure to cover the entire syllabus to excel in the examination. The Syllabus for COMEDK UGET 2017 is given in the table below.
|Physics||Electric charges and fields, Electrostatic potential and capacitance, Current electricity, Moving charges and magnetism, Magnetism and Matter, Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Ray Optics and Optical Instruments, Wave Optics, Dual nature of radiation and matter, Atoms, Nuclei, Semiconductor electronics, Communication Systems.|
|Chemistry||Solid state, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Nuclear chemistry, Organic chemistry,Bio-molecules, Chemical kinetics,Transition of metals, Chemistry in action, Polymers, Chemistry of carbon compounds, Electrochemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements 5 hrs,p-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen 6 hrs.|
|Mathematics||Calculus, Three dimensional geometry, Vectors, Differential equations, Coordinate geometry, Logarithmic series, Trigonometry, Matrices and Determinants, Circles,Probability, Co-relation and regression, Relations and Functions, Algebra,|
The Exam Pattern of COMEDK UGET 2017 list all important information related to the question pattern. Candidates can check the test pattern and related information in the table given below.
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based test|
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Total no. of sections||3 – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|Total no. of questions||180 – 60 marks in each subject|
|Total no. of marks||180|
|Marking scheme||· Correct answer will be awarded 1 mark.· No negative marking for incorrect answer.|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Mock Test
COMEDK UGET 2017 Mock Test will help the candidates to get a prior experience of the examination. As the Computer based test was introduced in the previous years, candidates might face difficulty in the main examination. The mock test will familiarize the candidates to the computer based test. It will also aid the candidates to get a better understanding of the pattern of the online test. Candidates can also analyse their preparation level by the taking the test. They will be able to self-evaluate their performances which will make them perform better in the main examination. Candidates are advised to practice Mock test of COMEDK UGET 2017 on a regular basis to revise in a more precise way.
Interested candidates can take the Mock test by clicking on the link given in the table below:
Mock Test Series I
Mock test Series II
- The Answer Key of COMEDK UGET 2017 will be published few days after the conclusion of the main examination.
- Candidates can use the answer key to calculate their expected score.
- Candidates can also submit their clarification regarding the answer key online.
- Candidates will have to pay Rs.500/- per clarification.
- If the clarification sought is upheld, the money will be refunded to the candidates after the COMEDK UGET 2017 process is completed.
- The Admission committee of COMEDK will take the final decision regarding the answer keys. This decision will be binding on all the candidates.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Result
- The Result of COMEDK UGET 2017 is expected to be declared in the last week of May, 2017.
- The result will be available only in online mode.
- No Hard copy of the score card will be issued to the qualified candidates.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Rank List
- The Rank List of COMEDK UGET 2017 will be generated based on the performance of the candidates in the entrance test.
- The Rank list will be released in the last week of May, 2017.
Tie- Breaking Resolution
In case, there is a tie in the test scores, the following method will be used to resolve the tie:
- The principle of least negative responses (number of wrong answers) in Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry will be taken into account.
- If this does not resolve the issue, candidate securing higher aggregate marks in Physics and Mathematics will be assigned higher rank.
- If there is still a tie, the candidate who obtains higher marks in Mathematics will be assigned higher rank.
- If the tie still exists, the age of the Candidate will be taken into consideration. The elder candidate will be allotted higher rank.
The COMEDK UGET 2017 Cut-off is the minimum score that the candidates have to secure to be eligible for taking admission in various Participating Institutes of COMEDK UGET 2017. The Cutoff will be available after the Result of COMEDK UGET 2017 is announced.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Counselling
- The Counselling of COMEDK UGET 2017 will be a single window counselling.
- The Counselling for COMEDK UGET 2017 will be done after the result is declared.
- Only the candidates qualifying the examination will be eligible for the counselling.
- The counselling will be done on the basis of the rank secured by the candidates in the examination.
- Candidates appearing in the counselling will need to submit their Online Rank card and other documents as required for verification. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the counselling venue without it.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Seat Allotment
- Selection of seats for the Under Graduate course in the Participating Institutes of COMEDK UGET 2017 is based on performance of the candidates in the main examination.
- The seat selection process involves two rounds of counseling.
- Candidates will need to be physically present to participate in the seat allotment process.
- Candidates have to register in the counter to participate in the seat allotment process.
- Candidates will not be allowed to change the seat selected by them during the same counselling round.
COMEDK UGET 2017 Programmes
There are 29 undergraduate engineering courses offered by the Participating Institutes of COMEDK UGET 2017. Candidates can check the name of the programmes in the table given below.
|S no.||Name of Programmes|
|3||Automation & Robotics Engineering|
|5||Information Technology & Engineering|
|10||Computer Science Engineering|
|11||Ceramic & Cement Technology|
|12||Construction Tech & Management|
|13||Electronics & Communications Engineering|
|15||Telecommunication Nano Technology Engineering|
|21||Manufacturing Science & Engineering|
|22||Instrumentation Technology also known as Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|24||Industrial Engineering and Production|
|25||Industrial Engineering and Management|
|27||Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering|
|28||Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
COMEDK UGET 2017 Participating Institute includes various Universities, Government colleges, and private colleges of Karnataka. There are about 187 colleges that offer a total no. of 18,733 seats to the candidates. The participating Institutes will provide admission to various undergraduate engineering colleges. Candidates can check the first 10 Participating Institutes of COMEDK UGET 2017 in the table give below.
|S No.||Name of Institutes|
|1||Acharya Institute of Technology , Bangalore|
|2||Acharya’s NRV School of Architecture, Bangalore|
|3||A.C.S. College of Engineering, Bangalore|
|4||Adichunchanagiri Institute Of Technology, Chikmagalur|
|5||Alpha College of Engineering Bangalore|
|6||Alva’s Institute of Engineering & Technology, Moodbiri|
|7||AMC Engineering College, Bangalore|
|8||Appa Institute of Engineering & Technology, Gulbarga|
|9||Atria Institute of Technology, bangalore|
|10||Nandi Institute of Technology and Management Sciences, Bangalore|
Official Website: https://www.comedk.org/